Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2006   #1
TEXANS MVP
Rookie

Default Which Running Will Be Cut??????????

Smith, Rhodes, Taylor And Why?
TEXANS MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Smith. 1 yard per carry.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #3
da.texans
Rookie

Taylor will be on practice squad thought
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

If they were making cuts today I think Smith would get cut due to age and performance in 1st preseason game. However, he still has time to prove himself, and I think when it's all said and done, Smith makes the final roster and they put Rhodes on the PS. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #5
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

It was the tenth question mark that made me post in this thread.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Taylor. Smith will be kept around for goal line situations.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #7
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they'll keep Smith. We all learned last year it's not good to run off all your experience in favor of youth.
RTP2110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Rhodes. Just a gut feeling, but I think Lundy and Taylor are better than Rhodes and I don't think the Texans want to cut the only veteran on the running back squad if DD isn't healthy.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Rhodes is cut and Taylor is signed to the practice squad. That would be my guess.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

Im gonna say rhodes depending on how good or bad he does next game.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Rhodes will be cut but probably picked up by somebody. Taylor and Lundy will make the squad. What is Smith's contract like? I still like him for a short yardage back.
Old 08-17-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking more and more like DD does the PUP thing ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Looking more and more like DD does the PUP thing ?
Probably, but it's a little early to know. I'm not sure when the deadline is to declare PUP ... anyone know for sure?
Old 08-17-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the PUP declarations happen at the same time as the cutdown to 53 - or thereabouts.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #15
Chris Taylor MVP
Rookie

Default Taylor is Great!

The Texans would be making a Huge mistake if for some reason Taylor is placed on the practice squad. If the Texans plan on winning the big games, they would be wise to go with Taylor in the backfield, a big time, get you a first down or touchdown at any cost, hard nosed determined player. Taylor and Lundy are the two best running backs, by far. They can have the Texans moving full steam ahead! Let's be a winning team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS MVP
Smith, Rhodes, Taylor And Why?
Chris Taylor MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see at least another preseason game before we decide who should go.

Last edited by Hookem Horns; 08-17-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #17
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Let's see at least see another preseason game before we decide who should go.
My thoughts exactly. We still haven't seen what Morrency will do and how Rhodes will look facing 2 string defenses. Who do you think will start Saturday is what I am wondering out of Morrency and Lundy?
Old 08-17-2006   #18
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I think Taylor and Rhodes both make the Practice Squad, and Smith stays.
Old 08-17-2006   #19
texanfan2100
Veteran

Don't forget that a player has to clear waivers to be placed on the practice squad. Rhodes might clear waivers, but Taylor might not.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #20
newtexfan
Rookie

Default You know I'm a NEW TEXANS FAN

And I have been following this broad closely.Out of the new running backs it seemed like you all love Taylor.Then pre season game 1 and now Lundy is the chosen one.This has been a great competition by all reports.Each player is busting it trying to make the team.This week Damien Rhodes gets his chance.And so does Morency who was I believe a 3rd rounder.Lets see what happens this weekend.I have a real good feeling about Rhodes.He is the all time recieving back in SU history.He has bring it home speed.Lets see what happens this weekend.I for one am really looking forward to it.
newtexfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read