Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2006   #1
da.texans
Rookie

Default Texans vs Rams Prediction

I know it kinda early to start the thread now, but I can't wait any longer. I went to the KC game last week (The first time I ever come to the live game) and oh boys I'm now officially Addicted Texans fans. Anyway, back to the topic I think we will win this one again cause the rams defend will not be able to stop our explosion offense and basicly we play 1st team offense more than 3 quarters compare to 1 or 2 quarters for the rams (that right i said 3 quarter cause I didn't see any drop from car to rosefel (sp?). And the same argumant hold true for Defensive side of the ball also cause Seth payne and travis johnson was the starter caliber from last year defense. Oh My God, did i just talk about depth and texans in the same sentence???? Go TEXANS.....Go Coach Kub......:bananasplit: :bananasplit: And oh here is the prediction: Texans 27 Rams 14
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #2
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

31-17 Texans

their starting QB will play a series, they lost their backup QB and so have 2 rookies going for #2. so will be a drop off...also we redeem ourselves from loss to St. Louis during regular season (ala KC Chiefs).
Old 08-17-2006   #3
dtmoney82
Rookie

Default well, to be

To be honest with you, I wouldn't want redemption during the preseason. Yes, of course it would be nice to wipe the field with them, but I'd much rather have a good showing on both sides of the ball rather than a "win."

Preseason wins can be watered down a bit. Don't get me wrong though, I'd rather the Texans win the game, but I won't go into '05 convulsions if we lose.

I'm just eager for the REAL season to start. Cant wait till Gaffney and the Smiegals gets here (if he's on the team!) so Dunta can pop him in the mouth!!!

Oh yeah

Texans - 27
Rams - 21
dtmoney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #4
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12640 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston 21

St Louis 17
Old 08-17-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Houston 28 Rams 24.
Old 08-17-2006   #6
Trapped
Veteran

Houston 27-24

They have Bulger and Frerotte is as good as a backup QB as it gets. If Frerotte is unable to play, i say 27-10.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I have no clue...... I have no idea what they've done in the offseason.

but, that thing about three Qtrs of 1st team offense...... I noticed Chester pitts took a few snaps deep into the third in our preseason opener.....

I thought that was odd..
Old 08-17-2006   #8
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Texans 28
Rams 17

With Pace being a little injured im sure the Rams staff and Orlando will probably take it easy and may only play him a little bit. I look for our Defense to have another really good showing although I figure the Rams offensive numbers to be a bit better than KC's. I think you will see Mario get a little bigger on the field and have a really good game - My pick 2.5 tackles, a sack/assist and a QB hurry for Super Mario and for my main Man D-Wreck another standout game leading the team in tackles.

Old 08-17-2006   #9
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Rams 24

Texans 17

No worries, it doesn't count in the standings!
Old 08-17-2006   #10
da.texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane
Rams 24

Texans 17

No worries, it doesn't count in the standings!
Mod he wishing us badluck===> he must be a troll====> ban him from this board please..... seriously thought i think we will do better than the rams this year.......
Old 08-17-2006   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 28

Rams 17
Old 08-17-2006   #12
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.texans
Mod he wishing us badluck===> he must be a troll====> ban him from this board please..... seriously thought i think we will do better than the rams this year.......
Well, if it is any consolation, I actually picked us to win 24-14 last week!
Old 08-17-2006   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I have no clue...... I have no idea what they've done in the offseason.

but, that thing about three Qtrs of 1st team offense...... I noticed Chester pitts took a few snaps deep into the third in our preseason opener.....

I thought that was odd..
Welll, I'm going to pick against them untill they lose again.

Rams 24- Texans 23.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #14
texflex513
All Pro

i say 27 - 14 LUNDY, MORENCY and TAYLOR play their cards right and we get good performances from our back ups on offense and defense.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - 27
Rams - 21

A shot in the dark.
Old 08-17-2006   #16
da.texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Welll, I'm going to pick against them untill they lose again.

Rams 24- Texans 23.
wow.....then u gonna have to be wrong all season long cause i think they gonna go All the way to the super ball.....
Old 08-17-2006   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Rams 17
Texans 7

The Rams also have a new coach. He pissed off the Colts Bill Polian last week for blitzing during a preseason game. Linehan says he's going to blitz even more this week . . . and the rookie running backs will have trouble picking them up. Look for Carr to be on his ass a few times.
Old 08-17-2006   #18
da.texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Rams 17
Texans 7

The Rams also have a new coach. He pissed off the Colts Bill Polian last week for blitzing during a preseason game. Linehan says he's going to blitz even more this week . . . and the rookie running backs will have trouble picking them up. Look for Carr to be on his ass a few times.
That will be interesting cause i want to know how our line response to blitz. I rather see them have trouble with it now than later. But however i think the texans will be ok with it cause we have lost of shortpass, and running to set up play action pass..... texans 27 rams 14
Old 08-17-2006   #19
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - 17
Rams - 6
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #20
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston 73, Rams 3.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read