Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2004   #61
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Texans 38 Lions 24.. no turnovers and we play like with so much attitude we aren't stopped... lets go texans
Old 09-14-2004   #62
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Keep bringin' it, Blake. I may not agree with everything you post, but it's interesting to read posts from an outside perspective...you're one of the VERY few Cowboy fans around here who post stuff worth reading.

My predictions:

* Texans 26, Lions 24.

* Both teams have 2 INTs and at least 7 penalties.

* AJ gets his first receiving TD.

* CBS announcers will make at least one stupid joke about "Carr driving into Ford Field," or something like that.

Bring on Sunday! This'll be a great game.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #63
JEB2ATX
Rookie

I like Houston in this one 24-9 shutting down Kevin Jones and keeping the youngster Harrington under constant pressure. Roy Williams will perform well in the game but no scores. Andre Johnson and Jabar Gaffney both score a TD, Domanick holds on to the football this game and get the third TD. The lone field goal will be due to a penalty plagued drive after getting into the RedZone.
JEB2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #64
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
The Lion's line is built to protect the passer. They are excellent pass-blockers and subpar run blockers. They may end up being a team that sets up the run with the pass (like New England).
the only O-lineman on the Lions O-Line that is a better passblocker then he is a run blocker is Jeff Backus, who is still a really good run blocker... the Lions do have a good runblocking line...
Reasons why Jones only rushed for 36 yards:
1. Jones himself... the tried to do to much... what i mean by this, there would be a hole where he could gain 4 yards, but tried to get to the outside to try and get more yards and would get stopped at the line...

2. Coaching... they tried running him to the outside all day where he never had any success and ran very little inside where they were having pretty good success...

3. The O-Line doesnt get off scott free, but they did a pretty good job. i saw some blocks that should have been made but werent, but not many...

4. The Bears have one of the best front 7 in the league... the WLB is weak, (Joe Odom)and one of the Bears DTs is weak(Alfonso Boone), but the rest is ROCK solid... Urlacher at MLB, Lance Briggs who is proving to be a force at SLB, Adawale Ogunleye, the AFC sack leader last year at LDE, Tommie Harris, a very talented DT who looked good vs the Lions and Alex Brown who was pretty good last year...
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #65
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
The reason Kevin Jones had difficulty picking up yards the other night was because of the offensive line.
Did you watch the game?

Quote:
The announcers really know no more than me and you and Im sure the game was locally televised resulting in some praise for the Lions.
I wouldn't know about local announcers, I'm in Houston, hence, HoustonLionsFan (plus look ^^^)

Quote:
Other than that I dont claim to know much more about the Lions O-line then what I have been told or have read
Wow, way to form your 'own' opinions

Quote:
nor will I try to
What an open mind you have. That's the way to form opinions, ignorance

Quote:
It seems everyone I know agrees that the offensive line for Detroit is poor
Well, it would seem that that 'everyone' is as uneducated/ignorant as you.

Quote:
...and the game against Chicago kind of highlights this point.
Again, did you watch the game? Or are you talking out cho *** again?

Quote:
Kevin Jones should of had much more than 36 yards in the game
Yeah, if he would have hit the right holes, he would have. What about Pinner, 5 for 21, and Bryson, 3 for 18. Oh that's right, you wouldn't know because it's easier to form opinions without the facts (huh?)

Quote:
...a talented running back like that would of atleast broke 50 yards if blocking upfront was better
Huh, you're wrong again. See above

Quote:
Sorry my opinions are not yours but this is what I think
That's fine, I was trying to help you form a more educated opinion, not an ignorant one

Quote:
Im not biased against the Lions or anything of that nature
Never said you were

Quote:
But if you say you've been nothing but polite on these boards then continue to show it by throwing your arrogance towards me out the window
When have I not been polite? And arrogance is the wrong word, sarcastic is probably closer.

Quote:
If my opinion struck a debate then it was unintentional
It has only turned into a 'debate' because you refused to listen to someone more informed than yourself about a subject, presented in an objective way, to state your 'own' ignorant opinion.

Quote:
Im sure your much more well informed on the Lions then I am
Yes, so why are you not listening? Everyone else on the board asked question and we had nice conversations, you made a false statement about something you know nothing about and won't listen to people who do. Ignorant and stubborn, sheesh.

Quote:
so you can have the last word
No, please, make us more stupid with 'your' opinions (but you better go talk to 'everyone' first)

Quote:
however this argument is so trivial to me.
WOW, Holier than thou, I guess it is true, Ignnorance is Bliss
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #66
Blake

I see a struck a nerve, Im loving every minute of this. Sorry but watching you get angry makes me smile.

Edit: When you have to quote every little phrase I make individually it just shows your frustration. Ok, I know I said I was done discussing this with you but I really am now. Just remember, the angrier you get...the more enjoyable it is for me. It's been nice talking to you.

Last edited by Blake; 09-14-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2004   #67
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
I see a struck a nerve
Not at all, I was trying to help you be a more informed poster, and educated football fan. But I know see that this is not possible. I mean geez, you can teach a monkey things, but you...

Quote:
Sorry but watching you get angry makes me smile
Angry? Not even close. I actually am laughing with you, no, actually, at you.

Quote:
When you have to quote every little phrase I make individually it just shows your frustration
That's funny, I wasn't (and am not) even frustrated. I was trying to break it down for you into nice little bite size pieces since you didn't seem to comprehend (oops, sorry, understand) the point I was trying to make.

Quote:
Just remember, the angrier you get...the more enjoyable it is for me
WOW, someone has an awefully high opinion of themseves
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2004   #68
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 21
Lions 17
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #69
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

all i know is the Lions are kicking themselves for not drafting AJ....
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #70
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Hey Dudes and dudettes, this was suppose to be prediction post only. I see that it had been turned into a smack forum. Now I have to sort through all of that to find your prediction and post it. Oh what the heck have at it.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #71
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Sorry Diehard, it wasn't smack. Just a Cowboy fan that didn't know what he was talking about and to stubborn to listen to a mostly-unbiased breakdown.
Old 09-14-2004   #72
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
Sorry Diehard, it wasn't smack. Just a Cowboy fan that didn't know what he was talking about and to stubborn to listen to a mostly-unbiased breakdown.
It's all right, I think it's funny to see it here. I will just make me some popcorn and read through it.
Old 09-14-2004   #73
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Shut up blake dont you HasBeenBoys have a message board of yalls own ? Cause We've Beatin yall 2 out of 3 times and ya dont have much smack ya can talk to us pal ! Later
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #74
Blake

Im a Texans fan also...theres nothing wrong with supporting two teams. Im done smack talking also, I was just trying to pull the guys strings and mess with him a bit. It's obvious he has more knowledge on the Lions then I do, I wanted to see if I could unerve him a bit with my redicoulous statements. It was all in good fun, no harm intended.
Old 09-15-2004   #75
geekster
Rookie

Texans 27 - Lions 17

One TD will be by taking a punt return to the house - you heard it here first!
Old 09-15-2004   #76
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 31 Lions 13
Old 09-15-2004   #77
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Im a Texans fan also...theres nothing wrong with supporting two teams. Im done smack talking also, I was just trying to pull the guys strings and mess with him a bit. It's obvious he has more knowledge on the Lions then I do, I wanted to see if I could unerve him a bit with my redicoulous statements. It was all in good fun, no harm intended.
Nothing wrong with that Blake, keep at it. That's what this board is for to have fun with what ever it's as long as it's in good taste.
Old 09-15-2004   #78
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it will be a close game, but then I thought SD would be a walk away for us.

Texans 28
Lions 24

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004   #79
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
I too feel that the Texans will struggle in this game, forcing the issue to many times, trying to make up for this past week. But, someway, they will overcome the struggling, and squeek out a win. This will work in our favor, as the following week, a steller performance and bigtime upset!

Houston 20
Lions 17

I liked that!!

Texans 31
Lions 21

Following week for the upset at Arrowhead

Texans 22
Chiefs 21
Old 09-15-2004   #80
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
all i know is the Lions are kicking themselves for not drafting AJ....
Nothing anyone says, could make me change my mind about Rogers... he was a better college player and a better pro prospect, IMO... even if the Lions look stupid right now for not drafting AJ, at the time Rogers was the right choice...
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read