Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2004   #41
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Texans 24 Lions 20
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #42
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Texans 31 chargers 17
Are we playing the Chargers again this week? And here I thought I was posting on the Texans vs Lions thread.
Old 09-14-2004   #43
99FirehawkTA
Rookie

Texans 20 Lions 13
99FirehawkTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #44
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
he just had a typo, just chill and know it meant the lions
DAAAAAAAAA, it is called humor, meaning meant to be funny. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers there Ricebird.
Old 09-14-2004   #45
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah my bad i mean texans 31 and lions 17 ,,,that better ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #46
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
haha what you know about them birds? hey we went hard last year, this year our defense is gone. still got our 2000 yard 28td 8.5 ypc runnin back though 5-6 150 4-3 40
My whole family is from El Campo. Dad's side is the Michaelsen's and Mom's is the Smith's (Cousin Barry pitched on El Campo's State Champion Baseball Team years ago). In fact DAd's side has Smith's on it, but we're not rednecks if you know what I mean. Also several old high friends use to coach at El Campo, don't know if they are still there.
Old 09-14-2004   #47
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
yeah my bad i mean texans 31 and lions 17 ,,,that better ?
All in good fun, I know what you meant TTF.
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2004   #48
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Name-------------------Texans--------------Lions
04)Bottle-O-Bud-------------24------------------14
05)Buff Soldier---------------27------------------17
06)gwallaia------------------24------------------27
07)Kingzofthejungle----------14------------------28
08)Hervoyel-----------------24------------------17
09)HoustonLionfan-----------20------------------24
10)Fiddy--------------------34------------------28
11)TexanNut----------------174-----------------03
12)Wolf---------------------24------------------14
13)RTP2110-----------------26------------------17
14)3rdCoastPlaya------------27------------------10
15)D Fan--------------------17------------------20
16)D-Rek--------------------24------------------21
17)Elite---------------------17------------------24
18)WWJD-------------------24------------------21
19)jacquescas---------------31------------------21
20)pittbull-------------------20------------------17
21)SassyTexan--------------16------------------14
22)LonghornBabe------------21------------------12
23)HJam72------------------28------------------38
24)TEXAN84-----------------17------------------16
25)texan279-----------------20------------------13
26)TheOger------------------24------------------30
27)Lucky--------------------24------------------16
28)rittenhouserobz-----------24------------------21
29)SDBoltz-------------------27------------------21
30)V Man--------------------24------------------20
31)TexansTrueFan------------31------------------17
32)99FirehawkTA-------------20------------------13
33)Roar32--------------------14------------------17
34)Blake---------------------24------------------06

Last edited by Diehardtexan; 09-14-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #49
Roar32
Rookie

DETROIT 17
HOUSTON 14
Roar32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #50
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
well Carr's 2 int's were his fault. tThe chargers made it his fault by puttin the pressure on. Reall yhe should have had 3 int's i'm upset that sammy davis didnt catch that ball in the back of the end zone. my prediction is 27-21 texans because the lions just arent good.

Only one of Carr's int's was his fault. The other was batted in the air 60 feet and fielded like a punt. I cant really find fault in that. As for the third interception that you wanted I think that your being upset for silly reasons. I am upset that we fumbled 2 times, had 4 total turnovers, had very big plays called back due to penalties, had a questionable touchdown called against us, didn't intercept when we should have, and ultimately lost a football game to a team that eveyone, including the neighbors dog, thought we would win except for some Charger fans.

I hope that your prediction for next week is correct. In fact I hope it is more like 35-7 but that would be pie in the sky.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #51
Blake

Texans 24 Lions 6

If the defensive line of the Texans is not able to put pressure on the QB against a less than stellar offensive line in this game then Houston will defintally need to consider they're options in next years draft. Hopefully the dl prevails though...and lets see some blitz packages thrown the Lions way. Keep an already unstable offensive team more off balance.
Old 09-14-2004   #52
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Name-------------------Texans--------------Lions
04)Bottle-O-Bud-------------24------------------14
05)Buff Soldier---------------27------------------17
06)gwallaia------------------24------------------27
07)Kingzofthejungle----------14------------------28
08)Hervoyel-----------------24------------------17
09)HoustonLionfan-----------20------------------24
10)Fiddy--------------------34------------------28
11)TexanNut----------------174-----------------03
12)Wolf---------------------24------------------14
13)RTP2110-----------------26------------------17
14)3rdCoastPlaya------------27------------------10
15)D Fan--------------------17------------------20
16)D-Rek--------------------24------------------21
17)Elite---------------------17------------------24
18)WWJD-------------------24------------------21
19)jacquescas---------------31------------------21
20)pittbull-------------------20------------------17
21)SassyTexan--------------16------------------14
22)LonghornBabe------------21------------------12
23)HJam72------------------28------------------38
24)TEXAN84-----------------17------------------16
25)texan279-----------------20------------------13
26)TheOger------------------24------------------30
27)Lucky--------------------24------------------16
28)rittenhouserobz-----------24------------------21
29)SDBoltz-------------------27------------------21
30)V Man--------------------24------------------20
31)TexansTrueFan------------31------------------17
32)99FirehawkTA-------------20------------------13
33)Roar32--------------------14------------------17
34)Blake---------------------24------------------06

Last edited by Diehardtexan; 09-15-2004 at 02:02 PM.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #53
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ok, did you ACTUALLY even watch Carr play? i really doubt he is going to have 2 more interceptions.....carr isnt that bad, man he has improved, how many times have you heard of carr throwing for 75% comp? ? ? this is his year mark my words he aint gonna have 2 picks next week
Yes, I watched the game, except for the 1st quarter, because I goofed and got the time off of the Pigskin Pick'em site (EST). I still think he'll have one that is his fault and one that is just from pressing to score when we're behind in the fourth. Other than that, he will have a real good game.

Truth is, I don't think the NFL is at all predictable anymore, unless you're just picking the winner in a Patriots vs. Cardinals game, or something. The Texans could win the next 2 in a row. Who knows? And picking the actuall score is impossible. I just like to make my predictions for fun.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #54
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

[quote=Blake]
...a less than stellar offensive line ...QUOTE]

Dude, are you posting just to see yourself post? You really shouldn't post about things you obviously know nothing about.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #55
Blake

I dont intend to offend anyone here, it's common knowledge that the Lions dont have a very good offensive line. Im here to talk Texans football, is that ok with you? Not trying to step on any toes...like I have said the Lions have 3 essentials in QB, WR, and HB...now they just need to build up the line. It's just my opinion, your's may differ but Im not going to wrestle with you over this issue.
Old 09-14-2004   #56
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
I dont intend to offend anyone here, it's common knowledge that the Lions dont have a very good offensive line. Im here to talk Texans football, is that ok with you? Not trying to step on any toes...like I have said the Lions have 3 essentials in QB, WR, and HB...now they just need to build up the line. It's just my opinion, your's may differ but Im not going to wrestle with you over this issue.
Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about. Where is this 'common knowledge' coming from? Yes they are mediocre at run blocking, but they are excellent at pass blocking. Even the announcers say that, and they are usually clueless. Don't try and push your opinion as 'common knowledge.'

BTW- You didn't offend me, and I have been nothing more than polite on this board, but no one has made an obviously wrong statement like that until now. But please, inform me, what are the O-linemen names, their tendencies, and why they are weak.

Oh, and that statement directly relates to this game, which is Texans football, I was just correcting you so you don't let everyone believe that the Texans D-line will dominate the 'poor' O-line of the Lions. How many times has Harrington been sacked in the past 2 years? And no, I'm not forgetting about the lack of a run game (but no quality RB's, playing from behind, and no passing game didn't help either).
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #57
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27
Lions 23
axman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #58
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
yeah you have no clue wha you are talking about... ESPN ranked the Lions the 12th O-Line in the NFL and the Texans 17..
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #59
Blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about. Where is this 'common knowledge' coming from? Yes they are mediocre at run blocking, but they are excellent at pass blocking. Even the announcers say that, and they are usually clueless. Don't try and push your opinion as 'common knowledge.'

BTW- You didn't offend me, and I have been nothing more than polite on this board, but no one has made an obviously wrong statement like that until now. But please, inform me, what are the O-linemen names, their tendencies, and why they are weak.

Oh, and that statement directly relates to this game, which is Texans football, I was just correcting you so you don't let everyone believe that the Texans D-line will dominate the 'poor' O-line of the Lions. How many times has Harrington been sacked in the past 2 years? And no, I'm not forgetting about the lack of a run game (but no quality RB's, playing from behind, and no passing game didn't help either).

The reason Kevin Jones had difficulty picking up yards the other night was because of the offensive line. 36 yards rushing in all, and this is against the Bears...argubaly one of the worst teams in the NFL. You cant have a one dimensional O-line and expect to win. Yea, yea...you won the other night...but against the Bears.

Announcers were kissing Quincy Carters butt all year long lastyear, where is he now. The announcers really know no more than me and you and Im sure the game was locally televised resulting in some praise for the Lions.

Other than that I dont claim to know much more about the Lions O-line then what I have been told or have read, nor will I try to. It seems everyone I know agrees that the offensive line for Detroit is poor and the game against Chicago kind of highlights this point. Kevin Jones should of had much more than 36 yards in the game, a talented running back like that would of atleast broke 50 yards if blocking upfront was better.

Sorry my opinions are not yours but this is what I think, Im not biased against the Lions or anything of that nature. But if you say you've been nothing but polite on these boards then continue to show it by throwing your arrogance towards me out the window. Anyways, you can throw out more points and prove me wrong untill your fingers break from all that typing but Im here for casual and friendly conversations...not debates. If my opinion struck a debate then it was unintentional. Im sure your much more well informed on the Lions then I am so you can have the last word and show your expertise on the subject....however this argument is so trivial to me.
Old 09-14-2004   #60
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The Lion's line is built to protect the passer. They are excellent pass-blockers and subpar run blockers. They may end up being a team that sets up the run with the pass (like New England).
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read