Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2004   #21
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - 24

Lions - 21

DD Will Amend His Fumbilitis And Rush For 125, Carr Will Pass For At Least 250, And The Texans Take Advantage Of The Injuries Of Dre' Bly And Charles Rogers...This Is, Of Course, Assuming We Can Stop Roy Williams...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #22
SHOCKU
Rookie

Man!! I'm a chagrers fan and I can't belive some of these post.Have faith for God sakes!!! I GARANTEEE!!!!! That the Texans beat the kitty cats by at least 10!! You all hear me now, I GARANTEE!!!!!!!
SHOCKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #23
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Lions 21

Texans 24
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #24
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Its the Texans 31 Lions 21.....

DD will have 2 TDs as will Carr...
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #25
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Struggle

I too feel that the Texans will struggle in this game, forcing the issue to many times, trying to make up for this past week. But, someway, they will overcome the struggling, and squeek out a win. This will work in our favor, as the following week, a steller performance and bigtime upset!

Houston 20
Lions 17
Old 09-14-2004   #26
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

With the last game still stinging, I think we will see the Texans get it together.. after they get done hitting themselves over the head all week long!
With the rookie players out there, and injured players coming back, I feel the chemistry needs to build.
Texans 16
Lions 14
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #27
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Texans 21
Lions 12

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2004   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Score

This week we got beat by the worst team in football. Next we play the Lions, so they're the worst team in football, hehe. This week we lost to the worst team in football. Next week we will do the same. Sorry, I'm a realist (except for the worst team thing). DD will not fumble. He can't afford to because, even though he's definately and without question our best RB, his starting position is not set in stone. Carr will do well, but not much better. He might even have two more picks, but I'm only saying that out of respect for the opponent. Almost all of his passes will be caught (by somebody in an NFL uniform). Our defense, however, will be a problem. No pass rush. All day long. No pass rush. They will outpass us, but we will outrun them, slightly. They win the turnover battle 0-whatever (probably 2).

Our Defense will stink and we will lose this game 38 to 28. We will control the clock, because of DD and the opponent scoring on us quickly and relentlessly. Dang, I'm just glad we're not having to play Kansas City or Indianapolis. I haven't seen a good pass rush in 33 games and counting. I'm waiting. Jasin Babin will help us stop the run this year, but we need him to be a young Jevon Kearse. I say we switch to the 52 or just run the goal line defense on every play to a get a rush, if we even can, lol. After the first 3 games, this pass defense will be ranked below some of the College teams.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-14-2004 at 09:18 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #29
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

17-16 Houston
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #30
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston - 20
Detriot - 13
Old 09-14-2004   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Later

Later, we will make a comeback and beat Minnesota 35 to 3, because we mistake the horn things as shooting STARS. They're the purple Cowboys.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #32
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I aint making predictions. I just want a win.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #33
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Detroit 30
Houston 24

TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #34
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24
Lions 16

Bonus predictions

Roy Williams gets a sore hammy early in the 2nd quarter and begs out of the game.

Texan O-line rolls over Rogers, Redding & the Lion front line.

Tony Hollings gets 10 touches.

Texans win turnover battle 3-1
Old 09-14-2004   #35
DominatorDavis
Veteran

I was so confident that we were going to beat San Diego. That loss really threw me. This is stuff that I study and read about - take my time with and try to find the ins and the outs of each team. I thought that week one was a sure win. We were better at nearly every position.

When we lost - I really had the wind knocked out of me. I've come to the conclusion that predictions are ultimately useless. No one knows. This Lions team is good. Their defense is solid and their offense is improving. I dont know - nor does anyone else know, just exactly what the score will be.

I do know this, if we continue to have 4 turnovers a game we will be picking first in the 2005 draft come next April.

I hope we play better.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #36
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Texans 24 Lions 21
Old 09-14-2004   #37
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzofthejungle
The Lions will win this one 28-14. Texans will struggle all game and score a late TD to make it respectable. Your young QB will struggle. Your run game will be shut down. KJ has his breakout game Sunday. ROY puts on a show for the local viewers back in Texas.

Our defense totally shuts you guys down! Joey wins the first round of the class of 2002 QB battle.

It going be to a long time before David cuts his hair!

I thought we both had young quaterbacks !?!?!?!? And are starting nose tackle should be back in, and we do have depth at CB and SS cause all the starters were hurt last season so they got plenty of playing time. And Sunday was a rare day for D.D he's not bound to fumble like that again, he is a very talented runner and should have a 125 yrd day atleast. And David Carr looked really sharp and those 2 ints werent really his fault. but i think it will be a close game i say Texans 24 Lions 17
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #38
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default go bolts

well Carr's 2 int's were his fault. tThe chargers made it his fault by puttin the pressure on. Reall yhe should have had 3 int's i'm upset that sammy davis didnt catch that ball in the back of the end zone. my prediction is 27-21 texans because the lions just arent good.
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #39
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Name-------------------Texans--------------Lions
04)Bottle-O-Bud-------------24------------------14
05)Buff Soldier---------------27------------------17
06)gwallaia------------------24------------------27
07)Kingzofthejungle----------14------------------28
08)Hervoyel-----------------24------------------17
09)HoustonLionfan-----------20------------------24
10)Fiddy--------------------34------------------28
11)TexanNut----------------174-----------------03
12)Wolf---------------------24------------------14
13)RTP2110-----------------26------------------17
14)3rdCoastPlaya------------27------------------10
15)D Fan--------------------17------------------20
16)D-Rek--------------------24------------------21
17)Elite---------------------17------------------24
18)WWJD-------------------24------------------21
19)jacquescas---------------31------------------21
20)pittbull-------------------20------------------17
21)SassyTexan--------------16------------------14
22)LonghornBabe------------21------------------12
23)HJam72------------------28------------------38
24)TEXAN84-----------------17------------------16
25)texan279-----------------20------------------13
26)TheOger------------------24------------------30
27)Lucky--------------------24------------------16
28)rittenhouserobz-----------24------------------21
29)SDBoltz-------------------27------------------21
30)V Man--------------------24------------------20
31)TexansTrueFan------------31------------------17
32)99FirehawkTA-------------20------------------13

Last edited by Diehardtexan; 09-14-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #40
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Texans 31 chargers 17
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read