Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-16-2006   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jamie Sharper News

You will have to read to the middle of the page to hear about him.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBKN772XQE.html

I always thought Sharper did a lot for the team, and I liked what he brought to the game every Sunday. Even though he was aging, when he wasn't resigned, maybe for good and bad reasons, things on team went really downhill. I think he was a real veteran influence along with Glenn that was needed last year. But was wasnt needed? It seems he has worked out his injury, and if he wasnt injured, maybe still on the Seattle.

I would like to see him brought back in some capacity and could give back leadership and possibly some depth, since Rainer went down, or special teams even.

What do yall think?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

After he threw the entire team under the bus, he can keep his negativity unsigned.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
After he threw the entire team under the bus, he can keep his negativity unsigned.
True, he shouldnt have said some of the stuff he did. However, he knew then what we now know about the previous coaching staff and I cant say that I blame him for wanting to get as far away from them as possible.
Old 08-17-2006   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What did he say that wasn't true?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what team did he throw under the bus? the only person sharper talked down on (saying that we have no leadership, and we're not playing to win) was dom capers. i hope you're not saying you'd rather have capers than sharper. it's a shame though ... sharper leads the league in tackles in 03, is 7th in 04 (leading all team stats), gets injured in 05 (teaching the youngest lb core in the league on their way to the superbowl), and cant get signed in 06 ... dom capers ruined jaime sharper's career. unless his injuries are just too severe, he'll be starting by opening day somewhere, he's too good and too instinctive not to.
Old 08-17-2006   #6
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whatever. Unless you are a Capers homer, you can understand why he voiced his displeasure. We all have on that subject. He didn't throw anyone under a bus, he was ran off.

Jamie brought alot to this team...ie: Leadership, a hard work ethic and experience. I believe he was a great asset and would love to see him back here (highly unlikely but I can wish) in some coaching capacity. He is one of my all time faves. I think his knee has ended his career as a player, so it is time to go to the next level.

Thanks for the info, TexansBull. I had been wondering what he was up to.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I said it then and I'll say it now: cutting Glenn and Sharper (our two veteran lockerroom leaders) was a big mistake. In retrospect it wasn't so bad, as our subsequent downfall led to the amazing team we have now, but at the time, I knew it was going to be nothing but trouble.
Old 08-17-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
True, he shouldnt have said some of the stuff he did. However, he knew then what we now know about the previous coaching staff and I cant say that I blame him for wanting to get as far away from them as possible.
You still got my quote up I love it!
Quote:
"I think we will win our division. Quote me on it brother......." -Hulk75
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read