Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2006   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Camp tour: By Pete Prisco

Link: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9603205

Quote:
Camp tour: Kubiak is just what Carr needs

HOUSTON -- David Carr has taken a beating in his first four seasons in the league.

It's come from the media. It's come from the fans. But mostly, it's come from defenders knocking him to the ground. He's been the most-sacked quarterback over that span and it hurts, more ways than you know.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i liked this little sidebar in that article.

Quote:
Out of Nowhere Man
RB Wali Lundy

The Texans used a sixth-round pick on running back Wali Lundy with the idea he would possibly be a backup to Dominick Davis. With Davis hurt, Lundy has been impressive. He ran for 25 yards on his first carry and finished with 59 yards on nine carries. He is tough, runs hard and practices hard. If Davis can't get things right, don't be shocked to see Lundy in as the starter. He's impressive.
Old 08-16-2006   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why people thought Lundy couldn't do anything more than being a backup in the NFL. I've seen him play when he was in college and he was always impressive. His injury caused his stock to dip but I thought he was always a good back. I think this guy can be a major player for us this year. Even with a healthy DD I think Lundy will get significant amount of playing time this year. Let's hope that DD gets healthy and with him, Lundy, and Smith we should have a very good running game. This offense needs to have a good running game otherwise all the play action stuff won't work.
Old 08-16-2006   #4
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

LINK: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9603164

Quote:

Texans: Five things you should know

Why I like this team

They have talent on offense at the skill positions, which should give David Carr a chance to make some plays. This is a huge year for him. There are no more excuses. The line is a little better and the skill people are in place, so look for the offense to take a step up. I still think Carr can be an effective passer.

Why I don't like this team

The offensive line still doesn't excite me. And that's been a major worry spot here for a long time. On defense, they have to play the run better. It doesn't help that they play in a tough division.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's also the talk he holds the ball too long, tends to lock on one receiver and that he sometimes puts the blame on others.

Carr can be blamed for alot of things but I don't recall him ever putting the blame on others, at least not publicly! Does anybody else remember Carr blaming others ( ala Peyton Manning after the AFC title game loss) after losses? Maybe he has, but I just don't remember hearing/reading it. Other than that, I thought the article was pretty accurate and a good read. Just my
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

He might be referring to the veiled comments that Carr has made in the past regarding the play of his offensive line.

Deserved comments I might add.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop
Carr can be blamed for alot of things but I don't recall him ever putting the blame on others, at least not publicly! Does anybody else remember Carr blaming others ( ala Peyton Manning after the AFC title game loss) after losses? Maybe he has, but I just don't remember hearing/reading it. Other than that, I thought the article was pretty accurate and a good read. Just my
Yup, I saw that and went WTF???? I have never seen anything or heard of anything like that. Quite the opposit. Remember the conversation after Manning tossed his guys under the bus and how Carr never did that. He made some good points, but that is a head scratcher.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read