Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2004   #21
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

This bored needz an automatick speel chekker.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004   #22
TexanAggie
Rookie

this is a qoute from Lions head coach. I dont see how they will get 5 what a joke and that is someone talking out of their err, anyway....

Quote:
We watched the film, obviously. We saw Houston turn the ball over, which was really a factor in that game, certainly. It was a hard-hitting game, chasing down the quarterbacks. The game could have gone either way. We know that. We know that Houston is a good team and they’re not going to turn the ball over four times again. We have to play better than we did against the Bears.”
I suppose he might know a little more than a blowhard!!!
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004   #23
Txnpride
Veteran

Didnt your Q.B have a heart attack last year? Sharper will be testing his heart come sunday He will never make it thru the season.You won your first road game in 50 years ,and now your talking smack. If we dont turn the ball over....You WILL lose :hehe:
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004   #24
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Caper's daddy can beat up Mariucci's daddy!
My daddy can beat Mariucci, and my daddy has been dead for 10 years.

Last edited by Diehardtexan; 09-17-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004   #25
Diehardtexan
Veteran

I think we will be +2 in turnovers after this Sunday, so do the math kitty boy.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004   #26
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
Do not listen to this piece of trash. I seem to recall the Chargers beating the Lions in Detroit last year and the Chargers had a more worse team last year. Know your facts first before running your mouth you poor excuse of a football fan!
Are who are you. So what that was last year. You guys won 14-7 Big deal. LT had a great game and we had a big letdown after beating the Packers on Turkey Day. Coming off a short week. If I recall you guys still had the first pick of the draft and more than likely will again. Remind me why you are still on this board? Don't you guys play someone else this week. Obviously you must not think you will beat them oeterwise why are you still here?

Your franchise is horrible. Always has been, Always will be! What a waste of LT's talent.
Old 09-17-2004   #27
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzofthejungle
Are who are you. So what that was last year. You guys won 14-7 Big deal. LT had a great game and we had a big letdown after beating the Packers on Turkey Day. Coming off a short week. If I recall you guys still had the first pick of the draft and more than likely will again. Remind me why you are still on this board? Don't you guys play someone else this week. Obviously you must not think you will beat them oeterwise why are you still here?

Your franchise is horrible. Always has been, Always will be! What a waste of LT's talent.
Coming from a guy who roots for the same team that wasted Barry Sanders' talent for 10 years.

I reiterate the need for a speel chekker!
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2004   #28
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Coming from a guy who roots for the same team that wasted Barry Sanders' talent for 10 years.

Man thats cold but VERY true.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004   #29
Threader
Rookie

Quote:

This coming from a LIONS fan... pardon me while the hysterics die down. Got news for ya bub... yer franchise hasn't exactly been a shining example of superior football recently either. I love it... now LIONS fans think they can smack-talk about others God bless America, huh?
Threader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004   #30
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threader
This coming from a LIONS fan... pardon me while the hysterics die down. Got news for ya bub... yer franchise hasn't exactly been a shining example of superior football recently either. I love it... now LIONS fans think they can smack-talk about others God bless America, huh?
The Lions have always been a very competitive team. Throughout the 80's, 90's and early 00's we have had playoff appearances and repectable records. Until the previous 3 seasons we have done ok. When you guys actually reach the playoffs and the conference championship you Texans fans should have much to say. And don't give me that expansion ****. Based on recent expansion teams Carolina, Jacksonville and Baltimore you guys are behind hte curve. All those teams have made a bigger splash than you guys. Especially the way they set up with the expansion draft and no.1 pick. Maybe if your coach didn't waste money on an injury prone left tackle and aging defender you would have done better.
Old 09-18-2004   #31
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle

If you knw anything about the Lions you might know that we didn't waste is talent. Perhaps he wasted his own talent. Sure he was a great "runningback", but Barry was a terrible leader. Don't get me wrong, but Barry never participated in the off season, usually skipped training camp, never took a leadership role and quit before training camp just like Ricky Williams did. Great highlight film, but wasted talent and poor leader. Everyone has their flaws.

And oh yeah we did go the playoffs almost every year and lost in the NFC championship game to the redskins. The game we should have won, but didn't. Our QB got hurt and Andre Ware (biggest bust ever) had to play.

Why don't you guys call me when you get 10 years under your belt and tell me if David Carr's talent was wasted!
Old 09-18-2004   #32
Jwwillis
All Pro

Pardon me but arn't the Lions one of oldest NFL franchises NEVER to reach the SB? I like the way you hang your hat on "almost got there seasons" because It reminds me of our woefull Oilers. But I guess at least there appearance in the SB as the Titans eliminates that franchise as one of the oldest. Anybody know what other team has been in the NFL longer than the Lions and never reach the SB? Barry Sanders was one of the best RB's of all time and his leadership skills being a hinderance to the team is absurd. Try having NO offensive line to speak of for 10yrs. Why would you want to work the best RB in football in off-season and pre-season? We didnt even do it with DD. Earl Cambell never participated in off season and rarely played pre-season after his 1st yr. I dont recall anyone ever questioning his leadership skills. Our O-Line would have killed or died for Earl. Lions fans have become professional excuse makers and I empathise after watching the Oilers for 25yrs. Also, as long as the Lions have been in the League and never reach the SB how far behind the most important curve of all do you think they are?

Last edited by Jwwillis; 09-18-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004   #33
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
The Lions have always been a very competitive team. Throughout the 80's, 90's and early 00's we have had playoff appearances and repectable records. Until the previous 3 seasons we have done ok. When you guys actually reach the playoffs and the conference championship you Texans fans should have much to say. And don't give me that expansion ****. Based on recent expansion teams Carolina, Jacksonville and Baltimore you guys are behind hte curve. All those teams have made a bigger splash than you guys. Especially the way they set up with the expansion draft and no.1 pick. Maybe if your coach didn't waste money on an injury prone left tackle and aging defender you would have done better.
Since when was Baltimore an expansion team? Might want to recheck your NFL knowledge my friend. The Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore, and thus had the same team intact. Then in 1999 the 'New' Cleveland Browns were an expansion team.

As far as the competitive team arguement thats weak at best. The goal of any team is to be successful, and not simply competitive. Even the Texans can hold the 'competitive' team claim to fame. If you want to make a valid arguement you might want to first have the right information before spewing about something you're clueless about.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read