Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-15-2006   #1
Chrispy
Rookie

Default Orlando Pace Left Practice with Injury (Knee/Ankle)

I just saw this scrolling across the bottom of NFL Network. I haven't found any links yet.

You hate to see any injury in preseason. If this was a regular season game it would probably be significant but now, assuming he won't play Saturday, probably just means that Mario will go against a backup tackle.
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #2
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy
I just saw this scrolling across the bottom of NFL Network. I haven't found any links yet.

You hate to see any injury in preseason. If this was a regular season game it would probably be significant but now, assuming he won't play Saturday, probably just means that Mario will go against a backup tackle.
That would be a shame....I was looking forward to seeing MW against a premier OT....
Old 08-15-2006   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
That would be a shame....I was looking forward to seeing MW against a premier OT....
I know. Now if Mario has a great game and Bush has a mediocre game we will be hearing about how Mario played against second string talent while Bush was going against starters.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is good news. I don't care how much potential MW has, if he went up against Pace, he was going to look Silly. Pace is probably still the BEST or at least top 3 left tackles in the league, and MW is still a rookie.

MW will get to go against a backup, and will probably do pretty well. I think this will be a great confidence booster for him.
Old 08-15-2006   #5
Chrispy
Rookie

I finally found a link with some information on this. It is not as bad as initially thought and the coach said that they will evaluate it to see if he will play Saturday.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/STL/9603206
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read