Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2004   #21
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
Lions have 3 great components for a successfull team, WR, HB and a QB. I heard they're offensive line was horrid the other day though...they have to overcome that. I think it's time to stop smack talking the Lions and realise they are going to be a serious threat in the coming years. Not this year and maybe not next, but soon. Honestly when it comes to the AFC I believe the Lions and Texans will soon be two of the best teams. There is to much young talent on each...and both are drafting real well. Sorry for taking this off topic.

Come on man Half Back what good HB do they have ? Texans have all them components 5 good WR,2 really good HB and Carr and Banks QB !!!
But yeah henson needs a lil more PT before he's near ready to be the starter but i think in the future he will be a very good quaterback for yalls team ! Cause Testaverde(spelling) is getting a lil old !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #22
Blake

Hey Im not saying the Texans wont be great either because if you have read some of my posts you'll see that I believe the Texans will infact be an outstanding team. I even hinted it in the post you quoted of me. Im also not saying the Lions will be better than the Texans, I merely said both teams will end up being real good soon. If you dont recall, the lions picked up Keven Jones in the draft...so yea they have a good halfback. Im just saying though the Lions have had a really bad history I believe a turnaround is being made. Thats why I suggest we be carefull of our arrogance towards the Lions because they will be a force to be reckoned with in 2-3 years.
Old 09-14-2004   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

I agree not long till the lions are a playoff team. Its just we try to make good points here in houston cause no matter what teams we do beat we never get any kind of respect from anyone around the NFL. I think some people arent even aware houston has a football team again lol !
Old 09-14-2004   #24
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The Lions do have some nice skill position players (Harrington, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Kevin Jones). The have a good pass-blocking o-line. Their offense just needs time to jell and Rogers to stay healthy. The defense still needs some work. I think this will be their focus in the next two drafts. I think 2006 will be a big year for them.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #25
Blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
I agree not long till the lions are a playoff team. Its just we try to make good points here in houston cause no matter what teams we do beat we never get any kind of respect from anyone around the NFL. I think some people arent even aware houston has a football team again lol !
Well you have to expect that with such a young franchise. The Panthers have estabilished themsevles and so will Houston. The Houston bandwagon is growing though and when I think of Houston I think of a new age team. I remember watching Houston last year and although they were just in they're second year they were exciting to watch. Trust me, it's alot easier not being noticed and then surprising people than it is to be hated by millions world wide, hence the Dallas Cowboys. People tune in to actually watch my favorite team lose.
Old 09-14-2004   #26
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

First Detroit gave us Grant Hill. Now they give us Charles Rogers, the Human Peanut Brittle. Maybe a few more hospitals up there are what's needed...? At least they dumped Hill and went on to NBA glory. Rogers' next season-ending injury will be in summer 2005, when his collarbone snaps again...this time while hoisting a Gatorade cooler onto his shoulder to celebrate a preseason victory. :hehe:

I was really high on the Lions all offseason, and told friends that the Texans/Lions game will be a really fun game to watch. Both Carr and Harrington recognize the spotlight will be on them, and there's a ton of young talent on both teams. I can't wait.

I expect high scores, way too many penalties, and a down-to-the-wire finish. That's usually not a good thing for the road team, but this is one ticked-off road team, so you never know!
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004   #27
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Power to that we are just a LITTLE ticked off right now ! And i know a lot of people down here who LOVE dallas its not as bad as it seems.
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2004   #28
tsquared
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
Although if the Lions copy what the chargers did in the second half where we limited their offense to 77 yards after giving up 259 in the first half lions got a shot.
I have seen this posted several times, and even though it looks to be an impressive stat, I think the Texans had as much to do with limiting their 2nd half production as the Chargers scheme did....they posted two sacks to put us long yardage situations that ultimately led to the two punts, but we had two other possessions ended with turnovers and the fifth of the half was DD's touchdown.

Again...props to the Bolts for taking advantage of the opportunities, but I think it was as much us shooting ourselves in the foot as it was D-Scheme from the opponent.

Another reason for limited yardage could be attributed to starting field position in the second half...by my rough calculation we averaged starting at our own 44 yard line... if we march down the field and score a touchdown on every drive, with no negative yardage plays, the Chargers would have only given up 280 yards in the second half...so maybe the 77 yards is a bit misleading.

Bottom line is still...Texans 0-1/Chargers 1-0...congrats to them.
tsquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read