Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-14-2006   #1
afcman
Veteran

Default Thank God it's football season.

Do you agree? I LOVE the fall and football !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SICK of hearing about baseball. The MLB season should stop when football starts. When it's football time there is NO other sport I pay any attention to. I even tape as many pro and college games as I can during the season to watch in the summer. Ha Ha !!

So thank you Lord !! (Seems like it took forever to start up again)
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

You get an amen from me brutha.
Old 08-14-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure if I'm happy or even more depressed. Yes its football season, but unless you live in Houston proper, or have DTV + Sunday ticket, its impossible to even watch 1 Texans game this year.

It was bad enough when no one could watch the Texans, but now that they are on TV and I still can't watch them makes it that much sadder
At least I can follow the stats!
Old 08-14-2006   #4
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
You get an amen from me brutha.

Not from me you don't ..... I wanna spend another 6 months talking about Vince Young and David Carr ........ :brickwall
Old 08-14-2006   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

This offseason felt unnaturally long.
Old 08-14-2006   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Amen! This is wonderful, I almost forget that school is about to start!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

*Suprised*

No smart ass member has posted a 'You're welcome' response to the original poster...

ok, I was tempted to make that post myself, but made this one instead...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2006   #8
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
unless you live in Houston proper, or have DTV + Sunday ticket, its impossible to even watch 1 Texans game this year.
I'm outside of Lubbock and last year got most games on regular TV. I'm thinking of getting Sirius....anybody have that? It's cheaper than SAT. and I can listen to every game.
Old 08-14-2006   #9
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman
I'm outside of Lubbock and last year got most games on regular TV. I'm thinking of getting Sirius....anybody have that? It's cheaper than SAT. and I can listen to every game.

I have Sirius and love it.
You can get a month free if you pay for a year in advance. Plus, there's a ton of other good stuff besides football... you know for people who aren't like us and have lives that don't revolve around the GAME.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #10
afcman
Veteran

[quote] I wanna spend another 6 months talking about Vince Young [quote]

I'd be really surprised if he turns out like people say. I think Jay Cutler is the one to watch. And Rivers.
Old 08-14-2006   #11
Indy
Rookie

Completely share the sentiment. I love football season, feels like I've been waiting forever. Fantasy football, Madden, regular season games...ah, the good life
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #12
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
This offseason felt unnaturally long.
Yeah, it did !!
Old 08-14-2006   #13
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

The offseason felt soooooo long and im glad its over. Now lets go out and cheer for our texans!!!
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

They should abolish off-season, allow 100 players on every team and a new 150 million $ cap, and then play 31 regular games a season.
Old 08-14-2006   #15
HoustonTexans
Rookie

football season could not have come at a better time... im at a pretty screwed up part of my life right now and the only thing that is keeping me happy right now is the texans and that football season is coming. god damnit bring on the regular season im tired of this preseason... lets just get it over with and get to the playoffs.
HoustonTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #16
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexans
football season could not have come at a better time... im at a pretty screwed up part of my life right now and the only thing that is keeping me happy right now is the texans and that football season is coming. god damnit bring on the regular season im tired of this preseason... lets just get it over with and get to the playoffs.
Dude chill, take a breathe and take in as much Football as you can, even preseason... because before you know it, we'll be in off-season again.
Old 08-14-2006   #17
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I'm not sure if I'm happy or even more depressed. Yes its football season, but unless you live in Houston proper, or have DTV + Sunday ticket, its impossible to even watch 1 Texans game this year.

It was bad enough when no one could watch the Texans, but now that they are on TV and I still can't watch them makes it that much sadder
At least I can follow the stats!

Brother man, you have to pony up for that NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm depressed for you. Rob a Stop n Go or do whatever else you have to do to get the cash! Just joking.
Old 08-14-2006   #18
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick
Brother man, you have to pony up for that NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm depressed for you. Rob a Stop n Go or do whatever else you have to do to get the cash! Just joking.
Dude your going about it all wrong, its all about buying the telescope and watching the game on your neighbors TV.

Old 08-14-2006   #19
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Dude your going about it all wrong, its all about buying the telescope and watching the game on your neighbors TV.

hahahahahahahahahahaha You are killing me! I'm glad I wasn't trying to swallow some coca cola when I read that.
Old 08-14-2006   #20
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman
Do you agree? I LOVE the fall and football !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SICK of hearing about baseball. The MLB season should stop when football starts. When it's football time there is NO other sport I pay any attention to. I even tape as many pro and college games as I can during the season to watch in the summer. Ha Ha !!

So thank you Lord !! (Seems like it took forever to start up again)

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read