Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2006   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default For all those ripping David Anderson!!

David Anderson has been recieving flack for his muffed punt reception. Only a handful of MBers have posted in his defense.

Kubiaks words about that play:
Quote:
We had that mistake at the end of the game with (WR) David ( Anderson ); that’s on us as coaches. That can’t happen. We shouldn’t be fielding that ball—he still has to catch it, but I promise you we won’t be fielding the ball when the season starts in that situation.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
Special Teams section.

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 08-14-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #2
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

didn't he make a TD that was called back?
Old 08-14-2006   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
I admitt he looked good rolling out and the oline gave up zero sacks.
Even on that one fumble, it was nice to see him pick up the ball and go forward and not ball up for the hit.
He's not talking about Carr

edit: sorry, you made your edit the same time I posted
Old 08-14-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take out the Carr part to remove the confusion
Old 08-14-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

I agree that he still has to catch it but the best thing to do in that situation is to get away from the ball. The coaches take the heat for that one not anderson. Overall he looked good out there IMO.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513
I agree that he still has to catch it but the best thing to do in that situation is to get away from the ball. The coaches take the heat for that one not anderson. Overall he looked good out there IMO.
Yeah, I agree with you there texflex. He looked like he had some wheels out on that end around.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Dont forget his other returns!
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2006   #8
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Dont forget his other returns!
He looked really comfortable and was breaking ankles out there making people miss ALOT
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what the preseason is for, to go through different scenerios and learn from mistakes. It was a mistake to field that ball, hopefully everybody learned from it, I'm not upset at all. I'm more upset at Starling's special team play where he sat there and let the ball bounce and roll about 10 yards up the field. Thats fundamental football and he shouldn't be told to stop the ball, but again thats why we have preseason.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

They said on 610 this morning that Anderson was\is close to one of Kubiak's sons ..... I guess that partly explains his seemingly coming out of nowhere .... not that he doesn't have some ability, he does, but he sure is small ....
Old 08-14-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513
He looked really comfortable and was breaking ankles out there making people miss ALOT

I don't know about looking comfortable...... running with his hands flailing about..... the commentators couldn't tell if he was calling for a fair catch, or running like a girl.

But once he got the ball in his hands, no doubt about it......... kid is fast, has decent to good vision...... and yes, he broke a few ankles.

I like him........... kinda short for a reciever, but if he's as fast as he looks.....
Old 08-14-2006   #12
rafterticket
Veteran

Default I liked Anderson

He looked good. He was busting his tail out there. He reminded me of Jonathan Wells with the effort, just with more speed.

His one BIG mistake cost a preseason touchdown, but not a game. I will bet anyone on this board he NEVER does that again. Let's not run him out of town like Marcus Coleman or something.

You want to hear something funny? After all of the good Lundy had done to that point, when he dropped that Rosenfels pass, the guy in front of me yelled "Cut HIM!" That cracked me up.
Old 08-14-2006   #13
srstex
Veteran

I think it's great that we can complain after a win. With out our starting RB Lundy took the opportunity to make him self a name, and I think he did. Another Ludy sighting like Saturday and he will definitely be on the team and in the huddle.

Smith disappointed me some, but his experience is worth kepping, and of course DD injuries.

Carr did not see some wide open recievers, but with no INT's, and no sacks, this was just what the DR ordered.

The defense bent but did not break, did not panic, and made stops. Heck with a little improvement we may just surpass respectability on this side of the ball .
Old 08-14-2006   #14
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex
Carr did not see some wide open recievers, but with no INT's, and no sacks, this was just what the DR ordered.
That reminds me, srstex. Wasn't Daniels open deep down the middle when he forced that ball to Andre?
Old 08-14-2006   #15
Capster67
Veteran

Default Anderson

As a Texans fan living in Colorado, I am definitely rooting for Colorado State alum David Anderson. I don't think the coaches should take all the blame for Anderson's decision to field that muffed punt, however. The guy has played football for at least 8 years through high school and college and should at least have some clue/instinct about when to field the ball and when not to. If the special teams had come through (Brown made the 40 yd field goal and Anderson not muffed the punt) the margin of victory could have doubled (27-7 instead of 24-14) and margin of victories (albeit it not pre-season margins of victory) are important down the road when playoff spots are at stake. Just don't want us to settle for adequate play (scraping by) when I truly believe we have the potential for greatness.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
David Anderson has been recieving flack for his muffed punt reception. Only a handful of MBers have posted in his defense.

Kubiaks words about that play:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
Special Teams section.
Never ripped him.

You know NOBODY feels worse then David Anderson for fumbling.

Stupid ref and his "Holding Call", Anderson should have scored, . He was already in the end zone and we get called for holding, the guy would not have made the play anyways.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #17
Brandon420tx
Flounder

I hope he makes our 5th *If we keep 5*
Old 08-16-2006   #18
texun
Rookie

I thought Anderson played great. Yes, he had the muffed punt return but it wasn't a catch he would normally be making - he would let it go. The coaches wanted him going for the fair catch for experience in game situations. If you watch the replay you will also see a defender fly past within a foot of him just as the ball arrives. Nobody has mentioned that he made a great play on the punt coverage (or was it kick off team) when he was the first downfield and tripped up the returner for no return. It is true that he knows coach K personnally because I belive coach K's son plays at CSU where Anderson went to college. That means coach K knows the type of player he is. Everybody keeps knocking his size but how tall is Steve Smith - 5'10". I also like that fact that Anderson is an overachiever, not like the underachievers the Texans are use to.
texun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #19
fdknuckles
Rookie

Default All Around Useful Guy

David Anderson should make the cut on to the team. His performance returning the ball wasn't bad at all....forgiving the drop. His posted 40's times weren't exceptional, but with his ability to read the field and the high energy he brings....keep him. Being a CSU guy, and watching him play his college ball, trust me you won't be disappointed.
fdknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

my first impression of Anderson was favorable (game thread). I think he has a great shot at making the squad since he can play on special teams and brings speed and quickness to our wr corps.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read