Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2006   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Ok, I have a problem

Its time to come clean, I just can't stand it anymore

I really really really really, want Wong back. I know Greenwood didn't play horribly saturday(and that he wasn't in much), and I know I said I'd give him a fair shot, but the depth at LB really makes me want Kailee Wong back. What week is he supposed to return?

Ok, first step is admitting you have a problem, now the healing can begin for me.
Old 08-14-2006   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they were thinking he could be ready for the opener, but I am not positive. I'm also under the impression that he's being looked at for Sam and not Will. They still need to add depth and once Wong is back that will help some no matter where he plays.
Old 08-14-2006   #3
AFD1717
Veteran

Most athletes who have suffered serious knee injuries say it takes one season for their body to heal, but it takes two for your mind to heal. Even though they are supposedly healthy, it takes a while before they trust their body to do the things it used to which means they aren't really the player they used to be. I'm afraid that even when Wong is back, he won't really be back.
Old 08-14-2006   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
Most athletes who have suffered serious knee injuries say it takes one season for their body to heal, but it takes two for your mind to heal. Even though they are supposedly healthy, it takes a while before they trust their body to do the things it used to which means they aren't really the player they used to be. I'm afraid that even when Wong is back, he won't really be back.
AFD, I have to agree with your assessment. I had heard Wong tore his knee up pretty bad too. Don't remember hearing a time frame for his return, but I don't think it's the season opener.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, you do have a problem. Greenwood had an off year last year because he was put into a MLB position when he is clearly a will type backer. Wong isn't even being looked at for that side, really, and even if he does come back, hasn't played in a long time.
Old 08-14-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I never liked Greenwood for the Texans, never have, never will.

Its something along the lines of how SWT feels for Carr, if that makes sense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read