Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default To me its simple!!!!

Last year we won two regular season games and no preseason games and looked horrible. We won our 1st game this year - I have predicted many more to come this year - and I'm quite happy. Was it a perfectly played game. Heck, no, but it was played well enough by us to post a win. That's all that matters. Kubiak was happy, BJ was happy, Moulds was happy, Lundy was happy and so many others were happy. So why be stressed when there is no need to be. There were a lot of good things and a lot of bad things, but nothing that isn't correctible.

To play as badly as we did last year and play as well as we did in this game says a whole lot. I keep saying just sit back and relax and enjoy the games. We are in for a long satisfying season. Good luck to all.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Capers influence on this team will continue to help us win games for a while until we can get a real coach again.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #3
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Last year we won two regular season games and no preseason games and looked horrible. We won our 1st game this year - I have predicted many more to come this year - and I'm quite happy. Was it a perfectly played game. Heck, no, but it was played well enough by us to post a win. That's all that matters. Kubiak was happy, BJ was happy, Moulds was happy, Lundy was happy and so many others were happy. So why be stressed when there is no need to be. There were a lot of good things and a lot of bad things, but nothing that isn't correctible.

To play as badly as we did last year and play as well as we did in this game says a whole lot. I keep saying just sit back and relax and enjoy the games. We are in for a long satisfying season. Good luck to all.
Ibar, Welcome back from the dark side! I used to think your posts were so negative or cynical...(ahem) there were some justification for such thoughts. But,hey it is so refreshing to read your postive ( not polly) posts.

It's too bad Bush or VY supporters have to put down Mario to accentuate their love for their guy. ( Rich Lord?) I ,personally don't wish any ill will on RB or VY. I' m happy to support the Texans. Yes, if Texans can (execute) like they like did in their first game....no sacks, few penalties....we are in for a very satisfying ( ahhh!) season. :bananasplit:
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #4
touttail
All Pro

As I said in the past, it's one thing to lose a game. It's another to be totally embarassed as we were most games last season.

I always wanted us to get some swagger back on our team. Our first preseason game, we are definitely going in the right direction. We won, we weren't embarassed, and we made a "swagger step". We can hold our heads up for the first time in a while. We played hard and played smarter.

Kudos to Kubes and our coaching staff for a job well done in preparing our team for the beginning of the season.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #5
The Preacher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
In my world relax and sit back simply don't seem possible when watching my favorite teams, either winning or losing. It's more like or :brickwall. I'm working on it but I get your point, there is a much more smooth vibe to the whole atmosphere so far.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #6
goodnews boy
Rookie

Default Whay???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Hopefully Capers influence on this team will continue to help us win games for a while until we can get a real coach again.
What? Put the crack pipe, Dude.
goodnews boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #7
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

[quote=texman8]Ibar, Welcome back from the dark side! I used to think It's too bad Bush or VY supporters have to put down Mario to accentuate their love for their guy. ( Rich Lord?) QUOTE]

I am glad to see you mention Rich Lord, this guy is a joke, he slams the Texans daily, has mearly anything positive to say from any game, even on the drive home after the game, he says Houston don't get excited, anyway he is a joke a needs to be fired from 610, we as fans have a right to get excited about a win, that is a positive step in the right direction..... No NFL team plays perfect every Sunday, there is always room for improvement, so he needs to acknowledge it........Everyone please let me know how you feel about Rich Lord.......since we touched the topic.
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews boy
What? Put the crack pipe, Dude.
Maybe you don't know this, but there's a reason I have a "stirring the pot" and a "crazy" icon(s) in that post. I was just kidding around.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Being anal, but I thought we beat Oakland during last year's preseason. I am very happy about the win and the confidence, but I'll feel better after we start winning during the regular season.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #10
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Yes Oakland was a win last year........just to back you up
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #11
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Thanks.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #12
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
Being anal, but I thought we beat Oakland during last year's preseason. I am very happy about the win and the confidence, but I'll feel better after we start winning during the regular season.
Although it, like many of the wins under Capers, didn't feel as good. A win is great, but until the end of the 4th quarter the Chiefs had only 17 yards passing and under 100 rushing while the Texans had over 300 in total offense. This one felt like a win. I didn't walk out of the stadium feeling like the Texans stole a game.
Old 08-14-2006   #13
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
This one felt like a win. I didn't walk out of the stadium feeling like the Texans stole a game.
QFT. It wasn't as close as the scoreboard suggested. At no time during the second half did it ever feel like the Chiefs were in the game. Even during the first part of the game, it really felt like Texans vs. Larry Johnson and the Pro-Bowl-Boys.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read