Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2006   #1
WILLIEG
Veteran

Default Our Secondary vs. Ram's WR's

I really hope that our secondary will be able to hold its own against the WR's of the Rams. The Rams had over 400 yds of total offense. Another thing that bothers me is how well our DT's will perform against S. Jackson who loves to take it between the OT's. What adjustments do you think the Texans will make? Personally I would like to see A. Weaver back at the DE postion and see if any of these young guys like A. Malone or E. Cochran can rise to the ocassion.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #2
AFD1717
Veteran

Do we have any idea if Buchanon is supposed to be back by then? I was pretty impressed with Lewis Sanders, but we need to know if Buc really did grow a pair and that offense would be a good test.
Old 08-14-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIEG
I really hope that our secondary will be able to hold its own against the WR's of the Rams. The Rams had over 400 yds of total offense. Another thing that bothers me is how well our DT's will perform against S. Jackson who loves to take it between the OT's. What adjustments do you think the Texans will make? Personally I would like to see A. Weaver back at the DE postion and see if any of these young guys like A. Malone or E. Cochran can rise to the ocassion.
If our dline gets good pressure on the QB our secondary will have it easy. Dunta will hold his own against tory holt. i share your concern about the run game.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513
If our dline gets good pressure on the QB our secondary will have it easy. Dunta will hold his own against tory holt. i share your concern about the run game.
ditto...

remember when the N.O Saints beat them..... to get into the playoffs, and beat them again the very next week to knock them out of the playoffss??

Teams found out then, just like they are learning about Manning now..... don't try to shut out the corners........ instead, pressure the QB, and make him throw the ball.......... early, in the wrong direction, or in the dirt.

If we blitz our LBs often, early, we'll be good.
Old 08-14-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
Do we have any idea if Buchanon is supposed to be back by then? I was pretty impressed with Lewis Sanders, but we need to know if Buc really did grow a pair and that offense would be a good test.
I would say it's more like like he grew one, but Dunta has three and might be willing to loan one out.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand why this team can't stop the run better. Is it because Ryans is a rookie?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #7
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

it seemed to me we played alot of man cover 2 type stuff in game 1, it does leave the middle weak to a dive up the middle, especially if their center and guards get a good push and pull action to make the crease.
Old 08-14-2006   #8
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

our first 2 years we used to do alot of spy zone stuff with sharper sitting down low or foreman. they stopped the run alot better with a spy or zone cover 2/cover 1 than with a man to man . just what i think.
Old 08-14-2006   #9
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I would say it's more like like he grew one, but Dunta has three and might be willing to loan one out.
This is classic
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #10
goodnews boy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
ditto...

Teams found out then, just like they are learning about Manning now..... don't try to shut out the corners........ instead, pressure the QB, and make him throw the ball.......... early, in the wrong direction, or in the dirt.

If we blitz our LBs often, early, we'll be good.
This is preseason. We don't want to just win (Even though that is nice for the fans). We want to finding out what players can do on their own. We want to find out if our high priced front four can get to the QB and can we leave the corners on an island. Most teams don't want to show all their cards just yet. In our first game we plan on giving them the full Monty. Look out Philly fans, we WILL repeat that quote by Muhammad Ali when he said "I shock the world.”

Last edited by goodnews boy; 08-14-2006 at 08:44 AM.
goodnews boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #11
The Preacher
Veteran

It seems like there has been a major overreaction to the way the interior had one ugly series the other night. The staff feels Weaver was the steal of the offseason and because he struggled on a few plays against the best pair of guards in the league, it seems there is some panic that requires position changes. Let's give the guy some time to do what the coaches have raved about, his ability to stop the run and collapse the pocket when need be. The other night was all the motivation he will need to bust up a much less fierce interior this weekend. Watching Mario take on Pace should be interesting also. I'm sure he has a little pride somewhere saying if I can make a big play on him then maybe ESPN will shut up a little bit. Not that I would be for that kind of approach .
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

This first series or two against the Rams could be a big indicator of how their season will go, based on games against Indy, Tennessee, and Jax. The Texans need to be able to stop the pass. With a bedraggled secondary, the front seven have to push around the o-line and harass the quarterback, or Houston's dead.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read