Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2006   #1
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default What If...

the texans win 9 or 10 games and mario williams has an obvious subpar season (knock on wood hopefully he wont and he shouldnt). what would u think? would u stay on his bandwagon or initiate more reggie bush talk?
Old 08-13-2006   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i think most of us texans fans would take a winning season than a Record setting year by one player i would be happy with 9-10 wins and mario only having 5 sacks. but i truely believe having mario williams will help our whole defensive unit.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #3
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 12 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Winning cures many things including a subpar season by mario williams.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i would think so too.
Old 08-14-2006   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
the texans win 9 or 10 games and mario williams has an obvious subpar season (knock on wood hopefully he wont and he shouldnt). what would u think? would u stay on his bandwagon or initiate more reggie bush talk?
Even if the Texans only win 5 or 6 games and Mario has a subpar (What would be a "subpar" season in your opinion?) season I still would support Kubiak and staff's selection of him. "The race doesn't always go to the swiftest," and "Rome wasn't built in a day," to use a couple of old cliches that I think not only describe Mario, but maybe the team as a whole. I know it's hard, but we must be patient with both! The wins will come (Last night was the 1st of many I hope!) and for Mario, I think the sacks will too! JMHO!

Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #6
Dime
Hall of Fame

You all have to know that if we win ALL of our games with 300 yards rushing a game, go to the superbowl and win it by 30 points pure rushing, they would still say "Man, just think how good the Texans would be if they had drafted Reggie Bush".
Old 08-14-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win 9 or 10 games with a subpar running game and Reggie Bush is a 1300 yard rusher then I'm sure some of us will question the Mario pick (especially if he doesn't have a good rookie year).
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2006   #8
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

yep and someone would also say "see I told you Carr was no good"
ive kinda accepted that those people will always be there, no matter what, it makes them happy to complain. who are we to deny them , ...I guess
Old 08-14-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
You all have to know that if we win ALL of our games with 300 yards rushing a game, go to the superbowl and win it by 30 points pure rushing, they would still say "Man, just think how good the Texans would be if they had drafted Reggie Bush".
Ain't that the truth..................
Old 08-14-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win 9 or 10 games and Mario has an obviously subpar season, I'll say, "Well, we shouldn't have just used him as punter."

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #11
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Just having a better record than last year is all that matters, and as far as Mario on the field, his pressence alone will drive a offense crazy, I know if I was the man assigned to block him I would just run.....
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
...if I was the man assigned to block him I would just run.....
Is it holding if I am just hanging on for my life?

Old 08-14-2006   #13
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Initiating Reggie Bush talk won't change anything. Regardless of who anyone wanted the Texans to draft, the choice was Mario Williams.

I'm a firm believer in the whole of the team is greater than the sum of the individuals. If the Texans get 9 wins that is a successful season no matter how well any individual performed. If Mario gets only 5 sacks, but the team is in the top 10 for defense and they are winning games it won't matter.

I'd also prefer more than 35 sacks on the year. I think this team can get in the 40s with the D-Line they've assembled.
Old 08-14-2006   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak > Bush

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Again, in all honesty we still have guys griping about the '02 draft....... why would we expect this one to be any different??
Old 08-14-2006   #16
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I'm a firm believer in the whole of the team is greater than the sum of the individuals, what someone said above......that is a perfect way to say it, look what it did for the New England Patriots, more a team thing than a bunch of stars on the team produced stellar results........
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

If this teams gets a lot of sacks, you can bet that it will be partly because of Williams, whether he gets a lot himself or not.

Old 08-14-2006   #18
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was hoping we'd bring in Reggie. However, we didn't, so why would I live in the past? It doesn't matter how well or poorly Mario does, we can't go back and make the other decision. Ergo, there's no point *****ing about it.

... especially not at a position where players rarely make a first year impact.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #19
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I think DE was a good choice. I think Mario was the right person to select. He might have a subpar season compared to the expectations for him. I suggest keeping our expectations high, staying on his butt, but being supportive and constructive and never second guessing the decision because it will be better long term.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
If we win 9 or 10 games with a subpar running game and Reggie Bush is a 1300 yard rusher then I'm sure some of us will question the Mario pick (especially if he doesn't have a good rookie year).
Woulda, shoulda, coulda... I really don't care about speculation like that. None of that matters. We are who we are and we do what we do. As long as we look like a team that deserves to be playing in the NFL and the commentators aren't wondering if the best college team in the NCAA can beat us, I'll be happy.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read