Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2006   #1
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Default Different look and feel

Regardless of the Mario expectations and all the Reggie Bush stuff, I really enjoyed the game. I can't remember the last time we looked so in control. It felt like the game was ours the entire time. I realize it's preseason, but we really moved the ball. Carr looked good on his runs. Lundy looked very solid. Our defense stopped KC's first team offense on the very first series. I'm pumped. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!
Jawja Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #2
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Also, I would love to see Carr run alot this year. Not "run for his life" type of runs, but alot more of that bootleg stuff we saw during the game. Wasn't it 2 years ago when he was 2nd among QBs in rushing?
Jawja Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawja Texan
Also, I would love to see Carr run alot this year. Not "run for his life" type of runs, but alot more of that bootleg stuff we saw during the game. Wasn't it 2 years ago when he was 2nd among QBs in rushing?
I think he was 2nd last year also but I'm not sure. I can't find a stat on rushing among quarterbacks.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #4
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

The game was great and it felt good, to be inside Reliant Stadium, baseball season is just to long, and it has been a long off season with all the Vince Reggio and Mario draft talk, finally football in Houston
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #5
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawja Texan
i agree. i think he has a gift that needs to be utilized for running an offense rather than running for his life. imagine the matchup problems that would pose....either u stay at home to protect the pass, or u are going to get run past. if they try and defend against his run, he will simply find someone open. i know kubiak will do this correctly judging by the way they used plummer in denver...lots of boots. i dont care what carr does. if running more reduces turnovers and increases the points on our side of the scoreboard, then go for it
Old 08-13-2006   #6
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I thought the most most impressive comment from the KC side was that we were essentially the Bronceos offense. Because KC plays Denver so much i will trust this assessment. I think the transition to winning will be faster than a Texans update from ESPN.
Old 08-13-2006   #7
moonnumack
waterboy

For the 1st time in a long time, it actually looked like we deserved to win. Yes, we've stumbled into some victories before, but this team seemed to execute the gameplan effectively on offense and defense yesterday. OK, so the special teams had some problems, but I'm confident they'll come around. I'm obviously gonna support our team no matter what, but it sure is nice to see them play a style of ball that's purposeful and entertaining on both sides of the ball. Hope they can keep it up.
moonnumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonnumack
For the 1st time in a long time, it actually looked like we deserved to win. Yes, we've stumbled into some victories before, but this team seemed to execute the gameplan effectively on offense and defense yesterday. OK, so the special teams had some problems, but I'm confident they'll come around. I'm obviously gonna support our team no matter what, but it sure is nice to see them play a style of ball that's purposeful and entertaining on both sides of the ball. Hope they can keep it up.
I concur with everything except for a semantical objection on the word deserve. I think this is the first time that a result was earned by being the better team. It is pre season, but it is different than the last four.
Old 08-14-2006   #9
Spoda
Veteran

the thing i am excited about is this...remember last year when after game 1,2,3 and 4 the coaches said ...oh don't worry about no pressure on their QB..we don't want to show our tricky blitzes...don't worry about our line..we don't want to show our new scheme...don't worry about not passing downfield...we are getting our timing down

well yesterday we looked sharp and "coached" ...anyway i just feel better
Old 08-14-2006   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoda
the thing i am excited about is this...remember last year when after game 1,2,3 and 4 the coaches said ...oh don't worry about no pressure on their QB..we don't want to show our tricky blitzes...don't worry about our line..we don't want to show our new scheme...don't worry about not passing downfield...we are getting our timing down

Well said SPODA, those exact thoughts have went through my mind several times. Honestly, I have no complaints about the way we played on Saturday. I know it was preseason and all so I expected for there to be some minor confusion, but I was impresses by the way everyone played and was also very impressed with the amount of depth we currently have on this team. The drop off in talent is not even close to where it was in the past.
Old 08-14-2006   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoda

No false starts, no sacks, and I can't recall any holding penalties on the O line, (might be wrong on that one). Congrats to coach Sherman.

Old 08-14-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I think the difference is, we just executed this time.
Old 08-14-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I think the difference is, we just executed this time.
All kidding aside, the game plan and individual plays were executable for a change. Funny what happens when you play to your team's strengths and abilities.
Old 08-14-2006   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
All kidding aside, the game plan and individual plays were executable for a change. Funny what happens when you play to your team's strengths and abilities.
Very true. I still look back and shake my head ... what NFL team would have won with the crap Capers and Co. used to call? Take the Steelers and put our last year's staff in charge of them, and I think they might have been lucky to go 6-10. Coaching makes a tremendous difference on so many levels.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read