Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eventhough preseason:Rams-Texans

we remember the regular season game but:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3487300.html

.. I don't expect the same result this time... this is a good game for us.. Orlando Pace versus Mario Williams. more learning for the rookie

Also S. Jackson is a decent runner for us to plan against
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
we remember the regular season game but:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3487300.html

.. I don't expect the same result this time... this is a good game for us.. Orlando Pace versus Mario Williams. more learning for the rookie

Also S. Jackson is a decent runner for us to plan against
I like how Mario and our defense is getting a pretty good test of good offensive lines and good running backs in this preseason. I think it will benefit them by the time the regular season starts.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I like how Mario and our defense is getting a pretty good test of good offensive lines and good running backs in this preseason. I think it will benefit them by the time the regular season starts.
I agree.. experience is one of the best teachers you can have.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #4
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

You hit the colt on the head lets remember we draft MW because of PM and the Colts and if the D plays like they did Saturday, the rest of the preseason, I like our chances aginst the Colts and the rest of the AFC South
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513
I agree.. experience is one of the best teachers you can have.
Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.
Old 08-14-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope the 1st team guys get a little more action as the preseason goes on.
Old 08-14-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Orlando Pace versus Mario Williams. more learning for the rookie
I'm think they'll be some hard lessons at this point.

Is Pace playing much in pre-season?
Old 08-14-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Is Pace playing much in pre-season?
He just got hurt today (Monday) in practice. Radio said it didn't look to bad, doing an MRI though (ankle I think). I guess they might hold him out of the next one just to make sure.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Do the Rams have a MB?
Old 08-14-2006   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I think Williams could learn from going up against the Chiefs good OL and the Rams OT Pace, I would rather him go up against some easy players for a little while to gain some confidence. Sure he can learn what not to do by playing Pace, but wouldn't it be good for his playing drive if he went up against someone he could dominate? If he got maybe a sack or two in a preseason game?

As much as he claims not to be bothered by the Anti-Williams pro-Bush hype, its going to be there his whole career, and he hears it. It would be nice if it was pro-Williams at least for a little while

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read