Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2006   #1
veazeyt
Rookie

Default Moving Forward

Plenty has been said about the first preseason games.... But I want to look forward a little bit with the little data that we have.

I think the texans had a very strong outing with room to improve. And I have been thinking that our season opener would be a Win. But The Eagles also played well with what they had. So this worries me a little a bit as a Texans fan.

So I eagerlay await to see how both teams perform in their next preseason games!!!

Any predictions? Or are we still just stuck on Mario vs Bush comparisons?
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see the Texans jump out to a 21-3 lead against the Rams and then let their 3rd string QB lead an improbable comeback scoring 10 points in the final minute. Of course, a game like that would have to come from a Hollywood script.

In the past, the Rams would be a great team to test our secondary against. Linehan is running a more balanced offense, though, so it will be interesting to see what kind of looks they give.

I look forward to the Broncos game the most. We should see the 1st team O and D get the most time in that game plus the rosters get trimmed to 65 after the game so there should be some guys playing for a job.
Old 08-13-2006   #3
veazeyt
Rookie

Well, The Broncos game opens up alot of cans of worms. With half of the Bronco staff now on the Texans team. It be will interesting to see how the coaches play call. Unfortunately, it's preseason so there wont be very many chess match manuvering. Regardless, FUN!
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think the Broncos game should be interesting.

There is going to be so much bootlegging going on that you will think we are in Tennessee in the 20's.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
There is going to be so much bootlegging going on that you will think we are in Tennessee in the 20's.
That's funny!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO we have a good preseason schedule..

got Chiefs and their high powered offense.. we get the rams with steven Jackson and Mario goes against one (if not THE) of the best LT in Pace and then the Broncos and their bootlegs (we want to go with an agressive defense yet bootlegs are good for teams that are agressive.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #7
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Houston 17 Phily Cheese Steaks 10 Only thing I do not want to see is Jabar Gaffney scoring on us after we let Phily pick him up......
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2006   #8
WILLIEG
Veteran

I believe offensively that we will be alright, however, it's the middle of the defense that worries me a little and our secondary. We all know that Bulger can open the passing game, but know trhey seem to be running the ball more. Sure hope our DT's are ready along with our secondary as a whole.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we got burned in middle of line, but I don't know. I feel we will be alright.. we have many combos to work with Smith,Payne,Kalu, williams(can move inside),TJ,weaver (had a bad game also).. we will work out the combo's , I feel
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #10
Doug
All Pro

I am really looking forward to the Denver game. I think it will be alot of fun. A big family reunion! LOL
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #11
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 38 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Run defense looks like it could be a huge issue for us. Granted, KC tends to gash most folks that they play, but we've got to find some answers on the interior line, because our DT's were getting pretty much pushed back on every play.

I think some adjustments can be made, but against elite rushing attacks, we could have our hands full.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I am really looking forward to the Denver game. I think it will be alot of fun. A big family reunion! LOL
They are playing it up on Denver TV as a big deal with Kubes Vs. Shanny. Should be a real test.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read