Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Plays broken down from what I see.

Ok.. sadly, I only have the plays of the 4th I can review due to a problem with my recording device. Here is the first play fo the 4th Q.

Setup
3rd and 9
Players: Sage at QB, Lundy at RB
Play: Pass play to Schifino for 7 yards.

What I see: Loverne is keeping his man busy when Spencer who is free comes and skyrockets the chief player RUDY NISWANGER (FA rook) back about 4 feet. Bedell gets owned BADLY and lucky that Watton was there to knock down the Chiefs DE.I cant see the number of the houston player who took on the DE of the Chiefs Mitchell (2nd year player), but he does a good job keeping him at bay and away from the QB. Lundy drops out for a drop off option, but once pass is thrown, comes in to assist Schifino, but not help block really. He was watching Schifino more then blocking. Loverne and Spencer both come in to help but are too late to be useful because play is almost done. Spencer does give Schifino a small nudge to help him get a few more inches.

For this play, Lundy could have been more active to assist Schifino. Great throw to Schifino, and a small juke to make a player miss. The second player that tackled Schifino probably would have missed if Schifino had more a bit more room to run and working his feet (ran through).

Just the first break down play I was watching.. I will be doing a few random more.
Old 08-13-2006   #2
Dime
Hall of Fame

Next Play: Defense

Setup
Play time: 13:42
4Q
2nd and 9 on KC31
Players: Printers at QB
Play: C.Printers pass incomplete short left to Q.Griffin

What I see: LE Alexander attempts to get past Chiefs Svitek (6th round, second year player), but cant get close to getting around Svitek. Alexander does start to shift when QB comes out of the pocket. DE Cochran comes against Chiefs Stallings (rook) and gets tripped up by both Stallings and Chiefs NISWANGER. DE Scandrett gets his hands up and backups up Barnett (2nd year player) to flush the QB out of the pocket.LB Pettway also disrupts the pocket a bit going against Chiefs Black (5th year player), (not has much as Scandrett) and helps cause a bad pass. LB Anderson comes off his coverage of RB Q Griffen (4th year player) to close the running lane on the QB when the QB throws it over Andersons head, but short of Griffen.

For this play, If Printers throws a good pass and not behind Griffen, it is a first down. Bad pass by Printers.

Good flushing from the pocket, but couldnt capitilize on it. Also, Griffen was a good 5 yards from the closest defender once Anderson moved up.
Old 08-13-2006   #3
Dime
Hall of Fame

Next Play: Defense

Setup
Play time: 13:33
4Q
3rd and 9 on KC31
Players: Printers at QB
Play: C.Printers pass deep right intended for wr INTERCEPTED by K.Curtis at HST 29. K.Curtis ran ob at HST 29 for no gain

What I see: LE Alexander attempts to get past Chiefs Svitek but Svitek is too much for him. LB Saleem comes against Chiefs Stallings and Chiefs NISWANGER and pushes them back just a bit. DE Scandrett owns Chiefs Barnett (2nd year player) and flushes the QB. Printer has to run from Scandrett, and luckly is a step faster then Scandrett. LB Pettway also disrupts the pocket a bit going against Chiefs Black (5th year player), (not has much as Scandrett) and helps cause a another bad pass for interception by Kevin Curtis. Saleem does apply pressure to the QB out of the pocket helping force the interception as well.

For this play, Printers has problems with passing when being flushed from the pocket.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read