Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tired of all the excuses

THERE is no excuses and no reason to complain because or offense played good,,, regardless of the turnovers the chargers only scored 7 more points than us and we were negative 4 turnovers. so i think that would mean or defense played pretty well also or else i think the chargers would would of beat us by a lot more than they did. yes we lost but look at the big picture "With all of Our mistakes we only lost by 7 points" I think theres more positive in here than negative, but so many of yall want to throw in the towel already ! Theres still 15 more games so i dont think one can determine whether were a bad team or not. I know i've said this alot But look AT THE PATRIOTS OPENING GAME LAST SEASON !!!!

It's a home game and that stings to lose a game at home you were expected to win.

I don't think we give the Chargers enough credit. They played hard and made big plays when they needed them.

Turnovers killed the Texans. Coach Capers hates them; he knows they are game killers and I suspect there will be alot of emphasis on that this week.

They'll need to forget this game; they have Detroit to worry about and that is a home game for them and they will be fired up.

Bottle-O-Bud said:
We got out played! SD came out with fire and passion and we came out limp. 3 and 15, 3 and 10 and we cant stop people. We were dropping 7 people and WRs were open with 2 yard separation. WTH! WTF is going on?

Lame stuff! Looked like players were not ready because of all the turnovers and penalties.

Ok well if we had all the mistakes and san diego was so hot i wanna ask you why it was 27-20 ?????

San Diego was supposedly the worst team in the NFL coming in to this year, and we made 'em look like SuperBowl contenders! That is what has everyone all worked up, because we stunk it up in our own stadium. Excuses are for losers.

We got beat. We got out played... losing is losing, no matter how
much sugar you throw on it. Think about this-- if you were asked 2
years ago how we would start our 3rd year, what would you have said?

16 other teams lost too, and are 0-1 just like us. No need to panic....yet. 0-3-start to panic.

Man i'm not making excuses i'm telling yall to quit making them !!! WE LOST i know there is a positive side to all this that NOONE seems to see we had a bad game !!!didnt we beat the panthers w/ tony banks in ???? They had a bad game but still came out on top well 2nd anyways! Lets just focus on next week yall gonna make the whole season a dissapointment before it even gets to week 2. I'm not worried i still believe we will win a lot of games and i love all the players we got. I'm not really worried about it !

You know there where a bunch of texan fans on the charger board talking alot of $hit like you guys where the patriots and they all kept saying how we where a joke and that we had no shot but things change 1st i cant find one texan fan on the charger board even though they promised they would come back and take it if they lost some guy went as far as putting all your offense line weight againts out defense and weight and said that alone should shut us up im nat saying we are a great team we are not but when you have the outlook for the season that the chargers have you have nothing to loose and thats how we played " AS SOON AS YOU DONT TAKE AN APPONENT SERIOUS HE BECOMES A SERIOUS APPONENT "

I have a feeling no one went back to the chargers board because they couldn't figure out what they were reading. That damn near gave me a headache!

Thats It My Grammar After All That $hit Talking You Guys Have Been Doing My Grammar Is What You Came Up With Wow!! You Told Me

That was me that compared the line sizes. I never guaranteed anything about it I just thought it was a favorable matchup for the Texans. Evidently, it became irrelevant as the Texans seemed to think losing the ball and giving it to San Diego was the way to win the game. The best thing I can see is that despite four turnovers we only lost by seven.

Thats It My Grammar After All That ***** Talking You Guys Have Been Doing My Grammar Is What You Came Up With Wow!! You Told Me

I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe some others have gone to your board and done things, but I haven't. Go on to the next teams board and bother someone else.

Just cause yall will prolly lose all the other games he feels he needs to rub it in as much as he can. LET him have his fun guys i bet the picture will look a lot diff at the end of the season.

:headbang: ha i'm about to head to ocean beach in a hot one. Dont worry they got on me because of my grammar too. I don't know why they are trippin on grammar in a football forum. I understood everything you said, they are just bitter.

The reason we didnt win by more is because of penalties and we didnt execute. Had we picked that ball off in the endzone 3 points would have been off the score board. Had that nonsense pass interference not been called 7 more points come off the board and you have a 27-10 game or maybe 34-10. either way we looked good and won that's all i care about. :headbang:

MAN WIND AND SEA JUST PICKED UP REALLY GOOD BUT IM GOING TO HOLD OFF FOR A LITTLE SO I CAN READ TEXAN FANS ANSWERS AND FOR THE GUY THAT SAID WE SUCK AND THIS IS THE ONLY WIN WE WILL HAVE THE REST OF THE YEAR IF WE ARE THAT BAD YOU LOST TO US AT HOME IN THE SEASON OPENER :crazy: COMPRENDE

The fact is that our defense is the problem. Sounds funny yes, but Davis's fumbles were the result of trying too hard, not because of lack of effort or trying to be careless. He was in that position because the defense can't stop any one. All you have to do is look at the 3rd down conversions by SD. What bothers me is two of the turn overs were around the 50 yard line and SD was immediately able to make very long plays right after each of those turn overs. LT got 45 yards on a run after one of those plays. In fact Capers even commented on that fact. Just as the offense has to help the defense, the defense has to help the offense. The lack of defense is still putting too much pressure on the offense which leads to TO's. I will reiterate that we are still suffering from last years injuries and I think we will be beaten even worse by Detroit if no pressure is put on Harrington. Harrington may not have David's arm, but he will kill you if he has the time to find the open receivers. He's a very good touch passer. The offense did very well when its all said and done and we missed 1 TD, but we still got 3 so that's only a 4 point difference. Not enough to change the out come of the game. When the game is down to the last two minutes, teams are ball hunting. They will do anything to knock the ball loose and extra effort often causes you to loose control. We had to have the 1st down to keep the drive going. We were down by a TD and the game was on the line. The offenses' mistakes are glarringly obvious, but I think you will find the defense made many more mistakes that people are willing to give them credit for. This was a very bad game defensively for the TEXANS. I forgot to ADD I believe we created 0 turn overs.

Only on a football forum would us Texans have to complain about the grammar from other states, lol.

TexansTrueFan said:
THERE is no excuses and no reason to complain because or offense played good,,, regardless of the turnovers the chargers only scored 7 more points than us and we were negative 4 turnovers. so i think that would mean or defense played pretty well also or else i think the chargers would would of beat us by a lot more than they did. yes we lost but look at the big picture "With all of Our mistakes we only lost by 7 points" I think theres more positive in here than negative, but so many of yall want to throw in the towel already ! Theres still 15 more games so i dont think one can determine whether were a bad team or not. I know i've said this alot But look AT THE PATRIOTS OPENING GAME LAST SEASON !!!!

Thank you for posting this, its seems athat our board members have no faith in the Texans just because we lost a ball game. Personally I came out with more positive than negative in this game, I saw that our offense is very good and has too many weapons just to be shut down. Our D was questionable, but Dunta is a rookie, and rooks get beat, and if he hadnt fell he would have still been in position. Our d needs to be more agreesive thats about all the negative I see, o and the TOs but that can be fixed.

And Im tired of y ou people dogging DD like hes the first RB to ever fumble twice in a game, I remember distinctly that Ahman Green fumbled 3 times against a team last year, but he had what,over 1800 and a ticket to Hawaii take it easy every one has a bad game.

I'm not so sure the Texans lost to the worst team in football. This is a team that MANY gurus picked as the team to make a breakthrough last year and make some noise in the playoffs. They were 8-8 the previous year, brought in Kwame Lassiter, David Boston, and Lorenzo Neal. Marty made a huge error in evaluating the presence of Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison. That left the team with a big sour taste in their mouth. He then badly mismanaged the QB situation. You don't bounce back and forth and expect your young starter to perform flawlessly. How many people operate perfectly knowing that if you spit incorrectly you might get replaced? The 2004 Chargers removed themselves of a player who was cancerous (Boston) and have found their first good tight end since the REAL Kellen Winslow played. They have the best player in the game (apologies to Priest Holmes, but if LT played behind a great line he'd more than do what Priest does). Even with their problems last year they still had the 16th best offense. They lost 4 games in the 4th quarter (sound familiar?).

A lot of people sound ready to run David Carr, Chris Palmer, Vic Fangio, and Dom Capers out of town. It's one game. It's a 16 game season. The Chargers could go 11-4 the rest of the way and everyone will be wondering how the Texans stayed so close to them. Yeah, I know it's unlikely, but in this world teams seem to rise and fall like the career of Sandra Bullock. Ok, her's really hasn't risen again. The Texans conversely could win 6 of their next 10 and be in good shape. I for one don't know what's going to happen and I can't wait for the ride. No matter the result.

Back