Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rewatching on NFL network

they just went through the first series..

wasn't too bad..KC d-line stopped our run on 3rd and 1 to make us punt.. now Kc's offense is in
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd drive.. I see the play that the lb that tipped the ball. exceptional play and can't see how anyone would fault Carr on that.. Vinny and others were right A smith looked slow out there..Lundry had a quick burst. I thought on the drive Carr looked ok..
Old 08-13-2006   #3
kingh99

I guess you saw that block Jamaal Cook put on the DB to spring Lundy for the TD. Well done.
Old 08-13-2006   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to mention Weary and Flanagan's blocks to open the Red Sea in the middle.

Don't miss Weary's second tier block on the LB on Lundy's long run prior to the TD. I'm sure he (Weary) will get high grades for that TD drive.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #5
Doug
All Pro

I've already seen a couple of times with Mario that if you get a quarterback who holds on to that ball 1 second longer he's got 'em. Even with the double team on him, he's definitely putting up a fight.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #6
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I've already seen a couple of times with Mario that if you get a quarterback who holds on to that ball 1 second longer he's got 'em. Even with the double team on him, he's definitely putting up a fight.
That's the other thing about last night's game. Trent Green is as good a QB as is in the NFL. He's experienced and he knows when to get rid of the ball.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

wow in 2nd quarter right after Lundry dropped that pass ..next play he got flattened on that blitz pick up
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2006   #8
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
That's the other thing about last night's game. Trent Green is as good a QB as is in the NFL. He's experienced and he knows when to get rid of the ball.
Trent is second in the league behind Manning. Let's see Mario go against McNabb, Bledsoe, and Volek.
Old 08-13-2006   #9
Doug
All Pro

I love the play of our offensive line. A complete 180 from last year. They're actually picking up blitz's!
Old 08-13-2006   #10
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKHouston
Trent is second in the league behind Manning. Let's see Mario go against McNabb, Bledsoe, and Volek.
Oh, you can't forget Mr. Leftwich. I think one of Mario's better games will probably be against Jacksonville (at least one of the games).
Old 08-13-2006   #11
Trapped
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I love the play of our offensive line. A complete 180 from last year. They're actually picking up blitz's!
we also have a real bootleg now. No wonder Denver gets any bum to run 1000 yards. Did u see how Carr was wide open on them bootlegs? All it does is set up the run to the middle.

That eventually happened when Lundy took one up the middle for a td. if antowain smith wasn't in and we had Lundy the whole first series, i think we could of scored anytime on them.

Real coaching. Wow
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

that bootleg.. I am thinking they will have AJ come across the field and moulds going deep..with a TE dragging (well they had one on one play and yet he was covered by a lB)..

I am liking the offense..
Old 08-13-2006   #13
Doug
All Pro

I think that bootleg is the best thing that could've happened for Carr. He has always played better when he's mobile.
Old 08-13-2006   #14
Trapped
Veteran

I think when KC fans saw that, they started fearing the Broncos more. Becuase if we can run it effectively on them, the broncos will and have always eaten them alive on the bootlegs.

We turned into Denver Offense over night. In Kubiak we trust.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

play that lundry almost scored again.. Spencer just ran over the guy
Old 08-13-2006   #16
CMoak1982
Rookie

The boot leg just sets up so many other plays, with the line down blocking for the naked boot leg Carr has all day to run, I liked later on the boot they had short cross and deep crosses, thats all day to make a play, it also sets up the reverse the fake reverse the delay. It's funny how much better a vanilla preseason game looked so much better than our entire offense last year.
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #17
Doug
All Pro

Mark it down, Lundy will be the starting running back come September, barring injury. I know it's the first preseason game but I think this kid is the real deal.
Old 08-13-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

I saw DL Simms on the chiefs playing in 3rd quarter.. has he been a bust for them? I thought he was a high 1st rounder.. I am just surprised he is playing this late in the game
Old 08-13-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

TJ looked good toward the end of the 1st half.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read