Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-13-2006   #1
diehard1192
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 diehard1192 has been demoted to the practice squad
Default I wanted to say THANKS!!!!

I had to stop by and say THANK YOU!

We are still stunned that yall passed up on Bush for Mario Williams, but we are so very appreciative.

We certainly hope it works out for you guys. But I can't believe I just watched Kyle Turley man-handle your boy Mario. He was pan-caking the guy for goodness sakes. I wonder what Mario will do against someone who has actually played in the past two years? Yikes...

I see yall are already calling conspiracy againt ESPN and everybody else, but it is just the truth. There is nothing Mario Williams will ever do that will make anyone understand what in the heck Casserly was thinking when he passed on Bush.

It's too bad for the fans. I mean the guy bails on you after he makes the pick. That's pretty low.

Well anyway, we just wanted to say thanks. We are really enjoying having Reggie on our team. He's looking great!

Sincerly,
Saints Fans
diehard1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

You are going to last long.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #3
diehard1192
Rookie

What? I'm just saying Thank You.

We couldn't be happier.
Old 08-13-2006   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Please cite the play(s) - game clock time and quarter - where you saw Turley "pancake" Mario. I'm re-watching my DVR recording of the game right now - wearing out my remote as I >> and << so this will help me see what you saw.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #5
diehard1192
Rookie

Just go watch ESPN, they highlight it quick nicely.
Old 08-13-2006   #6
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard1192
I had to stop by and say THANK YOU!

We are still stunned that yall passed up on Bush for Mario Williams, but we are so very appreciative.

We certainly hope it works out for you guys. But I can't believe I just watched Kyle Turley man-handle your boy Mario. He was pan-caking the guy for goodness sakes. I wonder what Mario will do against someone who has actually played in the past two years? Yikes...

I see yall are already calling conspiracy againt ESPN and everybody else, but it is just the truth. There is nothing Mario Williams will ever do that will make anyone understand what in the heck Casserly was thinking when he passed on Bush.

It's too bad for the fans. I mean the guy bails on you after he makes the pick. That's pretty low.

Well anyway, we just wanted to say thanks. We are really enjoying having Reggie on our team. He's looking great!

Sincerly,
Saints Fans
I'll talk to you in 2 or 3 years win bush is done and Mario is just getting started. Like I said in another thread you posted get your facts right and then come back to the TEXANS MB.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #7
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Your welcome! We did you a service by giving you a glorified slash player! Now pls get lost dumb AINT's fan!
Old 08-13-2006   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

How many touchdowns did Bush get? Better yet, how many touchdowns did the Saints get as a result of Bush?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #9
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Please cite the play(s) - game clock time and quarter - where you saw Turley "pancake" Mario. I'm re-watching my DVR recording of the game right now - wearing out my remote as I >> and << so this will help me see what you saw.
I believe he is talking about the ONE play where Mario came in too high and Turley shruged him down to his knees. Then he tried to recover and Turley hit him before he could regain his balance.
Old 08-13-2006   #10
afcman
Veteran

You're welcome.

It's preseason so there isn't anything to go on but...I still say we should have gotten Bush. I'm SO glad we didn't get Young.

But I don't think the Titans will make the same mistake with Young that the Falcons have made with Vick.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #11
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sounds like you are dodging the question to me. I was there last night and don't recall seeing a pancake block.
Old 08-13-2006   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

So you're basing this all on one ESPN highlight?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #13
diehard1192
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
How many touchdowns did Bush get? Better yet, how many touchdowns did the Saints get as a result of Bush?
How many tackles did Mario have? Oh yeah, he had 1/2 of one. That's a start. That's something to build on guys.
Old 08-13-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm watching the game again, right now, and the only play where I can clearly see Mario, he goes around T. Gonzalez and the RT easily. I also don't remember any runs to Mario's side.

We're going to see these threads all the time throughout the season.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #15
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
your a TROLL go way with no facts to back it up.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #16
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Oh, and I did see Bush get straightened up and dropped by a defensive back! I don't think Bush will play the whole season. He is going to dance his way right into a torn acl or mcl or both. Maybe a concussion. or two
Old 08-13-2006   #17
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
I saw the one where Mario slipped to his hands and knees (and maybe Turley helped him), but it was no pancake. Being a Saints fan maybe you won't see one for a while (since your two best linemen are playing for someone else this year) but is when a linemen knocks the defender on his butt, not even the defender falls foward.

PS- congrats on Bush, he will should be a great player for the LA Saints in a few years.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #18
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

I wonder what the over/under on this thread still being alive and this poster still being around is, in minutes?? I'll say...20.
Old 08-13-2006   #19
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
I'll talk to you in 2 or 3 years win bush is done and Mario is just getting started. Like I said in another thread you posted get your facts right and then come back to the TEXANS MB.

Yeah, by then your team will be the L.A. AINTS!
Old 08-13-2006   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Bush is going to be a Warrick Dunn/Tiki Barber type back. He is going to pile on a bunch of yards, but not score touchdowns.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read