Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2006   #1
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Bush vs. Lundy

Guys, I was reading the paper this morning after hearing last night what a great game Reggie Bush had.

Reggie: 10 carries, 59 yards
Wali: 9 carries, 58 yards

Also, if Wali makes that catch last night where he was wide open with space to run.....

I was at the game and paid a lot of attention to Mario. He looks like the real deal to me, and KC was treating him like the real deal. They doubled him quite a bit, and ran the ball mostly away from him. When Mario gets to study film on just one or two linemen and play them for a whole game the sacks are going to come.

I'm a big Bama fan. Here is a quote from Bama defensive coach Kines: "Demeco isn't the strongest or the fastest linebacker on our team, but he has a nose for the ball and it seems like he is almost always there." Demeco got the first tackle in the game.

I am so pumped up I can barely contain myself!
Old 08-13-2006   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco Ryans was around the ball alot last night. That quote from his coach from Alabama is right on the mark, Demeco showed great lateral speed and penetration getting to the ball carrier. #59 is going to be a big part of the Texan defense.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #3
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Demeco Ryans was around the ball alot last night. That quote from his coach from Alabama is right on the mark, Demeco showed great lateral speed and penetration getting to the ball carrier. #59 is going to be a big part of the Texan defense.
He made a few mistakes last night that I could see, but those are to be expected. We should be VERY pleased with his ability to get near the ball, and with some NFL experience, we're looking at a MLB we've desperately needed.
Old 08-13-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie only had 6 carries. That said, he averaged 3 ypc on his non-big play. Take out Lundy's big play and he averaged 4.25. Lundy will never be Bush, and Bush will never be a grinder.
Old 08-13-2006   #5
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Thanks for the kind words. Being a Tide backer, I was just as excited about Ryans getting picked as I was about Mario Williams.

Also, now that I have seen in person what a limited set of Kubiak's offensive plays can do I am happier and happier that we didn't go for Reggie Bush or VY.

Football at Reliant Stadium sounds like an exciting way to spend your Sunday again! Win or lose these games are going to be fun to watch again.

Did you notice that empty backfield formation last night? Capers would have never done that. I'm up early on Sunday morning just to sit at this PC and talk about football! It's crazy.
Old 08-13-2006   #6
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Reggie only had 6 carries. That said, he averaged 3 ypc on his non-big play. Take out Lundy's big play and he averaged 4.25. Lundy will never be Bush, and Bush will never be a grinder.
You are correct, sir. My bad. It seems however that you would be mostly in agreement with me.
Old 08-13-2006   #7
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

This what I like about the Texans' backs Wali & Chris is that they can grind it out & can take it for big carries along wit the zone blocking scheme. And they seem to handle the hits from defenders well! Bush has still to prove if can be an every down back who can grind it out without hastening the end his career! But, I think he will be a slash type playa ( running & receiving), & a DANGEROUS ONE @ that! Plus if Wali & Chris continues to play well then they are the biggest steals of the draft, along with O Daniels, Demeco, & Spencer!
Old 08-13-2006   #8
diehard1192
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 diehard1192 has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick
I was at the game and paid a lot of attention to Mario. He looks like the real deal to me, and KC was treating him like the real deal. They doubled him quite a bit, and ran the ball mostly away from him. When Mario gets to study film on just one or two linemen and play them for a whole game the sacks are going to come.
The "real deal" was getting his arse handed to him by a guy who hasn't played football in two years.

Mario is going to go down as one of the worst picks in history.
diehard1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Wali Lundy performed how I expected him to, in practice when he gets downfield and has a hole he hits it and has very good balance which is always a plus. He has shown better hands though, and the only problem that I really saw with him is a problem with most rookies and that was his blocking.

Chris Taylor, my darkhorse, was ok. I admit that I probably evaluate him much tougher than most do, and like I said in ealier post about him he will be able to help and should make the team. His blocking was better than Lundy's, but his vision was worse. He seemed to play tenative, and when he had a hole he seemed to be a half step slow. Not sure, but he has been limping a bit and that may be hindering him. His hands also did nothing to impress me. One thing I did notice is that both were a load to bring down, you are not going to arm tackle our backs this year.
Old 08-13-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Lundy will never be Bush, and Bush will never be a grinder.
Well said.
Old 08-13-2006   #11
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard1192
The "real deal" was getting his arse handed to him by a guy who hasn't played football in two years.

Do you seriously have nothing better to do than attack our team? What is actually your real beef over here?

Like I said in another post, we are sorry if you are disturbed and jealous by what you see happening here, and are SO EXCITED that you have Bush then go play with your own people.

You are embarrasing yourself.

And he is a force to be reckoned with, just keep running your mouth.....
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #12
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We'll see who the real deal is here next fall when the Saints come marching into Reliant and go whimpering out with their tails firmly tucked.
Old 08-13-2006   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Bush: 8 touches for 69 yards, 8.625 yards per touch, 0 TDs
Lundy: 12 touches for 110 yards 9.167 yards per touch, 1 TD
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #14
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:

Bold words. I sure didn't see his arse handed to him. I saw him being double teamed quite a bit, and the Chiefs didn't run his way.
Old 08-13-2006   #15
shmoo422
noob

Quote:

I agree 100%.........you people just wait. The texans will be better this year, but not because of mario. Just imagine if the texans had a big playmaker though
shmoo422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i like lundy but i think we are taking it a bit to far to bring him to R bush status lets face it if that was the case he wouldnt of been at least a 1st day pick.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've already seen Bush's 40 yard plus run in his preseason game last night on ESPN more times than I want to, and it happened less than 24 hrs ago !
But Bush had 59 yards on 6 carries and Lundy has 59 yards on 10 carries, but
our guy gets a TD and Bush doesn't. I think our guy did fine.
And how many times will PTIs stand-up Catskill comic TK talk about Bush's run on his ESPN MNF debut tomorrow night ?
But I'm feeling better than ever about passing on Bush, though back in April I was inclined to take him. If we'd have just got, I dunno, maybe a 3rd round pick as boot with Mario ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #18
Mr. B
Rookie

Well actually if you watched Sportscenter and The Sports Reporters this morning you would think Reggie Bush was the next coming of God.

Everything that came out of the mouths of the guys on sports reporters was basically to the tune that Texans screwed up and Bush, Bush, Bush. I wanna marry Bush.

Then on Sportscenter they made a big deal out of showing Kyle Turley knock Mario off balance. Funny thing was they kept saying that he hasn't played in 2 years and he took Williams out, then Williams gets up and overruns the play.

Looked to me like that was a hell of an athletic move on Williams part to come from the ground and still get back into trying to tackle the runner even if he did overrun it.

God I can see what this season is going to be like with the west and east coast sports press all but married to Reggie and the Houston press with a boner in Vince Young. Gonna be a long season for the Texans in the press.
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #19
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Lundy looked good last night, but I have a strong feeling Bush will be better than him in the long run.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #20
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream
Lundy looked good last night, but I have a strong feeling Bush will be better than him in the long run.

You would sure hope so. The guy is paid as a top RB in the league.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read