Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2006   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Now do i seem ridiculous?????

For all of the people who have been slamming me when I said we should start rosenfels over carr, now do you at least admit it should merit consideration?? One Qb looked poised, made good reads and throws, and ran the offense crisply, and the other looked nervous, flustered, made bad throws, locked onto his primary target, and didnt run the offense well. Rosenfels should at LEAST be starting a preseason game, if not hop Carr on the depth chart.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 08-13-2006   #2
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
For all of the people who have been slamming me when I said we should start rosenfels over carr, now do you at least admit it should merit consideration?? One Qb looked poised, made good reads and throws, and ran the offense crisply, and the other looked nervous, flustered, made bad throws, locked onto his primary target, and didnt run the offense well. Rosenfels should at LEAST be starting a preseason game, if not hop Carr on the depth chart.
carr had to deal with surtain and ty law......pro bowl corners
Old 08-13-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz
excuses, party of one, excuses.......

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 08-13-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. SWTBound.... I believe you underestimate the mere lack of depth in the Chiefs secondary. I agree that Rosenfels looked most excellent, but against Surtain and Law? Not a chance.

Besides, Carr didn't look nervous at all. Were you even watching? I was there, and trust me.... he wasn't at all nervous. I was more nervous than he was. He made ONE bad throw, which was thankfully broken up by AJ.

Jeez, way to go talking smack so early in the mornin! Haha. You are wrong about Carr, but I agree with you about Rosenfels.... he deserves a starting position. Carr just deserves it more at the moment. If Carr starts to slip (which he wont), I am all for letting Sage start. I have always like him.
Old 08-13-2006   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Mr. SWTBound.... I believe you underestimate the mere lack of depth in the Chiefs secondary. I agree that Rosenfels looked most excellent, but against Surtain and Law? Not a chance.

Besides, Carr didn't look nervous at all. Were you even watching? I was there, and trust me.... he wasn't at all nervous. I was more nervous than he was. He made ONE bad throw, which was thankfully broken up by AJ.

Jeez, way to go talking smack so early in the mornin! Haha. You are wrong about Carr, but I agree with you about Rosenfels.... he deserves a starting position. Carr just deserves it more at the moment. If Carr starts to slip (which he wont), I am all for letting Sage start. I have always like him.
read the gameday thread...he should have been picked off at LEAST twice...Carr doesn't deserve squat.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-13-2006   #6
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Wow, a little sour over VY are we still? Carr had the ball for two possesions, The first one, he made two nice throws, and then the inability of A. Smith on two consecetive runs to pick up 1 yard left us punting.

On the second possesion, he made 1 bad throw that should have been picked off, another that was barely tipped or it goes for a 50 yard TD to AJ, and a fumble that he recovers and picks up the 1st on 4th and 1. Other than that, he makes some decent runs, and leads the team down the field for the first score of the game. He looked fine to me. Stopped wishing the guy to fail please.
Old 08-13-2006   #7
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz
I realize that Carr was playing against the 1st team defense and Sage was not...but I do have to say that I was very impressed w/ Sage. He showed poise and never seemed to be rattled; something I have yet to see from Carr. Carr did play decent though; just seemed to be a little nervous i.e. sailing the ball, indecisiveness.
Old 08-13-2006   #8
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Yes, you still seem ridiculous. Quit goin' out of your way to be such a damned potbanger.

If Sage Rosenfels is our starting QB, expect another top 3 draft pick. I love this time of year when folks start proclaiming exhibition game heroes as the saviors of our team.
Old 08-13-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Carr was in the game for one quarter against the Chiefs first string defense. Rosenfels was in the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarter against the Chiefs 2nd and 3rd string defense. I don't know if Rosenfels would have had the same success against the Chiefs if he were starting in place of Carr. I do think Carr would have had better success if he were facing the Chiefs 2nd and 3rd string defense though.
Old 08-13-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, you still seem rediculous. It doesn't matter who starts. It's preseason.

I haven't even seen any of it, so don't get all stupid and start taking me seriously. Maybe Carr does need to watch somebody else start for a change. I'm just glad we won the sack ratio 5 to zip. That's what matters to me.

Old 08-13-2006   #11
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
excuses, party of one, excuses.......
it ant excuses .....i too thought sage had a good game but seriously how do you think sage will go against surtain and ty law???????
Old 08-13-2006   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
read the gameday thread...he should have been picked off at LEAST twice...Carr doesn't deserve squat.
Read the thread... why? I was there. I saw all of his plays. Besides, I already read that, ahaha. The other play that they are referring to wasn't going to be picked, trust me.

You will not win this, SWTBound. Carr did not play like a chump. Kubiak will have some words for him, yes. But this kid played fine for his own part.

Just let it go, bro! You won't win unless Carr really does suck this year, which he won't. But if he does... you will have been correct. But tonight you are wrong. I have been waiting to argue this with you since I left the game tonight. I knew you would bring it up.

Last edited by TexansLucky13; 08-13-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2006   #13
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Did you watch the game or just read the gameday thread? One bad throw, the other was tipped. AJ was open.
Old 08-13-2006   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

I watched the game.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-13-2006   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
I watched the game.
Lucky jerk! :brickwall

Old 08-13-2006   #16
Master Po
Veteran

Quote:
I really hope that SWT doesn't have internet access.
Old 08-13-2006   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Lucky jerk! :brickwall
You missed one of the most important games of the Texans franchise history, Jam! I can't believe it!
Old 08-13-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po
I really hope that SWT doesn't have internet access.

been there and came back.......07 was my anticipated graduation date friend.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-13-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
You missed one of the most important games of the Texans franchise history, Jam! I can't believe it!
Ya know, I really don't even blame the TV stations. I blame the idiots who always decide to have the Cowboys and Texans play at the same time. That should NEVER happen, unless they're playing each other. Then, they'd both get televised--well, usually.

edit: Notice, it says "idiots".

Old 08-13-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Again i say...somebody sit here and tell me Sage had a worse game then Carr.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read