Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2006   #1
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default O-Line Vs Chiefs

Ok , I didnt get to watch tonights game .... But I looked at the box score and see the Texans O-line gave up NO Sacks ..... those of you who did get to see the game , tell me how they looked as a unit and individually .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our 1st team provided decent run blocking and above average pass blocking. Also, our 2nd O-line team provided excellent blocking for both the pass and the run.

Notice that we got no sacks and 173 yards rushing. We almost got as many rushing yards as the Chiefs got in total yards (178).

I think this Zone Blocking system is better than we could have imagined.....
Old 08-13-2006   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Our 1st team provided decent run blocking and above average pass blocking. Also, our 2nd O-line team provided excellent blocking for both the pass and the run.

Notice that we got no sacks and 173 yards rushing. We almost got as many rushing yards as the Chiefs got in total yards (178).

I think this Zone Blocking system is better than we could have imagined.....

Can you list who was first and second team please ? .... Hope I can catch a re-run of the game .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Can you list who was first and second team please ? .... Hope I can catch a re-run of the game .
They pretty much stayed true to this...

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/de...0Depth%20Chart

McKinney didn't play today, so that is one of the biggest changes. Salaam and Spencer got a chunk of playing time once the 1st team took to the sidelines. Kubiak also wanted to try out Winston some during the last half.

Anyone who was watching the O-line please sing out if there were any other major descrepencies... personally I was more focused on Wali Lundy.
Old 08-13-2006   #5
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Ok , I didnt get to watch tonights game .... But I looked at the box score and see the Texans O-line gave up NO Sacks ..... those of you who did get to see the game , tell me how they looked as a unit and individually .
Not only were there no sacks, I don't recall seeing anything that looked like pressure in the neighborhood of any of our QBs.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #6
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have to credit not just to Kubiak but Sherman too. Fine job so far. Lets see what next week brings, better still lets see how the oline fairs against a couple of good defences in Denver and Tampa.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01
Not only were there no sacks, I don't recall seeing anything that looked like pressure in the neighborhood of any of our QBs.
There was one play when I believe Jared Allen drove Wand back close enough to grab the back of Carr's jersey--Carr stepped up and made the throw so no real interference with the play but he was getting close.
Old 08-13-2006   #8
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I spent a lot of time watching Eric Winston. On the whole, I thought he played a good game against KC's third team. There were a couple of plays where he struggled. I remember one passing play in particular where the KC defensive end (#73) put a nice move of Winston and got by him almost instantly. Fortunately, Rosenfels had already gotten rid of the ball. If not, it would've been an easy sack.

I thought Spencer looked like a powerful road grader, but didn't spend as much time watching him.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #9
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
There was one play when I believe Jared Allen drove Wand back close enough to grab the back of Carr's jersey--Carr stepped up and made the throw so no real interference with the play but he was getting close.
Wand also got beat by the DE (maybe Allen again) on one of Carr's bootlegs for a first down. The DE came across the field and made the play on Carr. Again, not that big of a deal but the play would have gone for more if Wand had beat his man.
Old 08-13-2006   #10
JohnGalt
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 JohnGalt is on the Pro-Bowl ballotJohnGalt is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
Wand also got beat by the DE (maybe Allen again) on one of Carr's bootlegs for a first down. The DE came across the field and made the play on Carr. Again, not that big of a deal but the play would have gone for more if Wand had beat his man.
Carr outran Allen to sideline and it was the cornerback that forced him out. At that point Allen was just chasing.

How fast he shucked Wand did bother me though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read