Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2006   #1
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Anyone else feel better about the running situation?

I know there has been a lot of concern about DD's knee and how much he will play this season but...

Close to 200 yards rushing against KC with Taylor and Lundi both looking good. I don't think RB's need to be our biggest concern this season. I am really beginning to believe in the new system!
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #2
DefLord
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to DefLord

I dont think we have anything to worry about.. Kubiak has a history of successfully molding his own running backs.. and I think that is what Lundy will end up being... I am not really too concerned if Davis comes back or not.. Even though Davis will be a bonus.. but I think we have a good RB crew ready to roll..
Old 08-12-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I still think everyone who is worried about DD is worried about nothing..... he'll be ready to go once the season starts, and he'll have a breakout year.

DD is special, he just hasn't been on a special team.
Old 08-12-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I still think everyone who is worried about DD is worried about nothing..... he'll be ready to go once the season starts, and he'll have a breakout year.

DD is special, he just hasn't been on a special team.
I disagree about being worried about nothing. He was injured last year and missed some games and he's only practiced once so far this year and it's already going to be the 3rd week of training camp. I haven't heard much about his knee healing. I think it's a big concern. After tonight I feel confident in Lundy or Taylor being able to step in, but I would prefer DD. I also disagree about DD being special. I think he has a chance to be a good back, a Thomas Jones type back, but not great.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #5
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the pre-season. Relax.
Old 08-13-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I disagree about being worried about nothing. He was injured last year and missed some games and he's only practiced once so far this year and it's already going to be the 3rd week of training camp. I haven't heard much about his knee healing. I think it's a big concern. After tonight I feel confident in Lundy or Taylor being able to step in, but I would prefer DD. I also disagree about DD being special. I think he has a chance to be a good back, a Thomas Jones type back, but not great.
I understand... but he's been really good on a poor team. if we can put together a good team around him, he'll be special for sure.... and if Kubiak's runn'n game can turn a 600 yard back into a 1200 yard back, then Domanick's going to be an 1800 yard back.

he's got talent, and he's got heart..... if we can keep those big defenders off him, he's going to be great......... think Emmit Smith... Chester can be our Larry Allen.
Old 08-13-2006   #7
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
I know there has been a lot of concern about DD's knee and how much he will play this season but...

Close to 200 yards rushing against KC with Taylor and Lundi both looking good. I don't think RB's need to be our biggest concern this season. I am really beginning to believe in the new system!
The running game picked up in the second q. It was not good in the first, but running games usually get better as the game goes. I'm withholding an opinion on the running game for another couple of weeks....maybe until 9/7/06
Old 08-13-2006   #8
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I think the topic should have been "Everyone else feel better about the running situation"? Thats how I much better I feel!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

nah, RB's are not as much of a concern..i knewl undy would be a good addition
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

All aboard the Wali Lundy bandwagon!
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS

ill board!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Amazing how these guys can find 6 and 7 even undrafted guys to come in and play, even start for NFL teams.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #13
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

I have to admit with DD's knee swelling and hearing fluid on knee and then Morency getting hamstring injury (REAL injury not like TO at all...LMAO), I was very worried as to waht season would be like. I have confidence in Antowain Smith (he did perform for Saints when McAllister went down), but I was concerned about any more injuries. After seeing Lundy, Taylor and Rhodes I think we will do just fine
Old 08-13-2006   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
Anyone else feel better about the running situation?
Everyone except Antoine Smith...
I have been of the mind that he had a roster spot locked up because he brings more size to the table than anyone else on the roster.
I don't know now...
I really don't think Antoine will make the roster after a pretty good showing by two rookies.

DD - Morency - Wali - Taylor
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #15
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Smith Had a dissapointing performance.. I just dont think he is quick enough to work in his system..

Good Job Lundy.

Decent Job Taylor, you have to show some better vision though, that's okay it's still preseason..
Old 08-13-2006   #16
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent
Default we'll be fine

Loved the zone blocking. Denver was known for it and now we will be too. Running the rock the right way and spreading the ball around nicely. The offense will be fifty times better than it ever has been.

Denver was able to churn out effective rushers out of lesser backs than Wali Lundy. DD will have a blast in this system when he is ready to go.

As Jeremy Shockey says, these preseason games are BS and it is all about avoiding getting hurt.
coachdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Amazing how these guys can find 6 and 7 even undrafted guys to come in and play, even start for NFL teams.
Thank you Casserly

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read