Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wali Lundy has a history of success!

He had a pretty good game tonight, so i thought I'd share some of his info with you guys. Mayb eyou've already seen this, but maybe you haven't. He's very well respected up here in Cville Virginia (UVa)

WORTH NOTING: One of the top all-around running backs in the history of the Virginia program ... was an impact player since his rookie year in 2002 ...holds several school records and ranks high on many more lists ... played in 49 games in his career, the most in school history by a running back, and started 36, the most by a UVa running back in at least 20 years ... set an ACC record for career touchdowns with 52; one of only three ACC players to score 50 ... N.C. State's Ted Brown (51) and North Carolina's Leon Johnson (50) are the others ... second in UVa history with 43 rushing touchdowns and 312 points ...tied for eighth in ACC history in scoring ... fifth in UVa history with 3193 career rushing yards and finished 22nd in ACC history ...became just the 16th player in ACC history (and third Cavalier) to rush for 800+ yards three times in a career ... sixth in Virginia history and 18th in ACC history with 4497 all-purpose yards ...good receiver whose 114 receptions are tied for seventh in Virginia history and second among running backs ...11 career 100-yard rushing games are fifth in UVa history ... displayed a remarkable ability to get into the end zone throughout his career ... scored 52 touchdowns in 49 career games to join Frank Quayle (1966-68) as the only UVa players since 1937 to average a touchdown per game ... 15 multi-touchdown games in his career, including nine with three touchdowns (and two with four TDs) ... scored eight touchdowns in four bowl game appearances ... teamed with placekicker Connor Hughes in 2005 to give UVa the first pair of teammates in ACC history to score 300 points.

http://virginiasports.cstv.com/sport...dy_wali00.html
Old 08-12-2006   #2
newtexfan
Rookie

Default Yes he has some great stats

And he looked good tonite.It sounds like Taylor looked good at times also.Did you know Rhodes is the #1 recieving back in SU history.I look forward to the next game to get a good look at him.Maybe youth should br served?
newtexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Lundy looked darn good and a perfect fit with his sure-footed one cut and run full out style. It may have been just jitters, but he'll need to hang on to the ball better on those short passes, because in this scheme that aspect is almost as important as the style of running. He'll also need a little more direction on the principles of decision making in punt returning. Despite this, he made one strong showing. In fact, all of our RBs showed a great spark of potential when given their chance.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #4
DefLord
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to DefLord

Agreed - Rhodes, Lundy, and Taylor all did a fabulous job.. I did expect Smith to do a better job since he was running with the first team.. But heck.. I think Lundy will do just fine..
Old 08-12-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Lundy did a very good job. I was impressed and I think he will be good behind DD and competing with Morency!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLord
Agreed - Rhodes, Lundy, and Taylor all did a fabulous job.. I did expect Smith to do a better job since he was running with the first team.. But heck.. I think Lundy will do just fine..

agreed
Old 08-12-2006   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been rooting for Lundy to take the starting job. The kid is a perfect fit in Kubiak's system.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2006   #8
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Kubiak will make all his backs look like stars just like the Denver system, but hats off to Lundy he looked great.........
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark my words, Gentlemen.... tonight was a night to remember. When one of these guys goes down in the HOF we will all remember this game. Who cares if its not regular season? Lundy and Taylor are looking good.

The NFL will remember this Texans season.
Old 08-13-2006   #10
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

anyone else watching for cops to bust in on game, I mean we drafted Wali Lundy in the SIXTH round...is that not a theft of major proportions...I won't tell if you won't <shhh>
Old 08-13-2006   #11
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hahaha! And we also got C Taylor who was undrafted! I know it's only preseason, but he seems hungry to make the Squad!
Old 08-13-2006   #12
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I've been rooting for Lundy to take the starting job. The kid is a perfect fit in Kubiak's system.

If he keeps perfomring like that, he WILL be the starter. He's a perfect fit.
Old 08-13-2006   #13
AFD1717
Veteran

Obviously I saw what Lundy did with the ball, but with so many other things to watch I didn't see how well Lundy blocked. I'm especially curious about his pass protection if he was ever in the backfield on a passing play. That is usually what rookie RBs struggle with the most and it's the reason they lose playing time to the vets. If Lundy can protect his QB then we may have our starter when Davis is out. If somebody who paid attention to that could give me an idea of how Lundy did, I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-13-2006   #14
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
He had a pretty good game tonight, so i thought I'd share some of his info with you guys. Mayb eyou've already seen this, but maybe you haven't. He's very well respected up here in Cville Virginia (UVa)

WORTH NOTING: One of the top all-around running backs in the history of the Virginia program ... was an impact player since his rookie year in 2002 ...holds several school records and ranks high on many more lists ... played in 49 games in his career, the most in school history by a running back, and started 36, the most by a UVa running back in at least 20 years ... set an ACC record for career touchdowns with 52; one of only three ACC players to score 50 ... N.C. State's Ted Brown (51) and North Carolina's Leon Johnson (50) are the others ... second in UVa history with 43 rushing touchdowns and 312 points ...tied for eighth in ACC history in scoring ... fifth in UVa history with 3193 career rushing yards and finished 22nd in ACC history ...became just the 16th player in ACC history (and third Cavalier) to rush for 800+ yards three times in a career ... sixth in Virginia history and 18th in ACC history with 4497 all-purpose yards ...good receiver whose 114 receptions are tied for seventh in Virginia history and second among running backs ...11 career 100-yard rushing games are fifth in UVa history ... displayed a remarkable ability to get into the end zone throughout his career ... scored 52 touchdowns in 49 career games to join Frank Quayle (1966-68) as the only UVa players since 1937 to average a touchdown per game ... 15 multi-touchdown games in his career, including nine with three touchdowns (and two with four TDs) ... scored eight touchdowns in four bowl game appearances ... teamed with placekicker Connor Hughes in 2005 to give UVa the first pair of teammates in ACC history to score 300 points.

http://virginiasports.cstv.com/sport...dy_wali00.html
Does anyone know why with these credentials, he was still available in the 6th round?
Old 08-13-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore
Does anyone know why with these credentials, he was still available in the 6th round?
There were a lot of really good backs in this draft.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #16
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
There were a lot of really good backs in this draft.
Good point. Could have also been the reason no one wanted to trade up for Bush.

This is from Street & Smith's guide. I can't find our PFW guide.

Quote:
(Ranked: 14th at running back position) Lacks great speed...Very solid all-around back who has a solid skill set. Can pick-and-slide to find the hold and is also a very solid pass catcher. He can get to the outside, but may lack the overall speed to take it the distance when he sets there....has a nose for the ends zone...must eliminate fumbles...ability to return kicks adds value... Injuries: Right foot in 2003, left foot in 2005... "He may not measure up to the top backs in terms of athleticism, but he will find a way to get the job done," says an AFC scout.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read