Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2006   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Confusion?????

Is DD not playing? Is he pretty banged up ? I live in wisconsin so i dont get much news up here.....all packer crap... anyway any news to whether he plays?
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

DD is not playing tonight, still having pain and swelling in his knee.
Old 08-12-2006   #3
AtheGreat
Veteran

far as i know, he's def. not playing this game. I'm not sure about the rest of the preseason but for now he's on the bench.

edit: guess it would be a good idea to hit refresh before i type, huh. sorry for the repitition.

Last edited by AtheGreat; 08-12-2006 at 05:44 PM.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw him opening day of camp. He looked good then. Suggest you do a search for CloaknnnDagger's knee injury discussions. We're not freaking yet. But we're .....concerned. The positive side is the Kids are looking good. Read the TC recaps.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-12-2006 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #5
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Let's talk honestly and openly, does DD stand a chance to play during the first few games of the regular season? I am really concerned. I live in GA, and don't hear anything except for what I get from this board. I really like DD, but I don't want to get my hopes up for the regular season.
Jawja Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawja Texan
Let's talk honestly and openly, does DD stand a chance to play during the first few games of the regular season? I am really concerned. I live in GA, and don't hear anything except for what I get from this board. I really like DD, but I don't want to get my hopes up for the regular season.
As of right now, he's expected to return by week 1... but only time will tell
Old 08-12-2006   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly and openly, I don't expect DD to play at all this season.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Honestly and openly, I don't expect DD to play at all this season.
Similar to my thoughts, I just hope I am wrong...
Old 08-12-2006   #9
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Thanks. I have a bad feeling about the knee. Kind of a Boselli kind of feeling.
Jawja Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawja Texan
Thanks. I have a bad feeling about the knee. Kind of a Boselli kind of feeling.
Well, if you look at it from the Boselli angle, (which I do, sad to say) then his career is pretty much done. He's lost cartilage in his knee. Some players can work around that, others can't. He can't even practice without his knee swelling up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kubiak making an unpopular decision, sooner rather than later.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kubiak making an unpopular decision, sooner rather than later.
At the very worst, DD will be placed on the PUP list.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #12
Cindy
Rookie

I'm afraid I agree with the majority of you. I would be surprised if we see DD on the field this season.
Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #13
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, if you look at it from the Boselli angle, (which I do, sad to say) then his career is pretty much done. He's lost cartilage in his knee. Some players can work around that, others can't. He can't even practice without his knee swelling up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kubiak making an unpopular decision, sooner rather than later.
I am looking at this in a similar way. DD is great, but reading about the problems he is having and hearing what the consequences of his injuries can be...it doesn't look good for him. Too bad, he is a great player who never got to hit his stride. Sucks he is so young in his career to have to deal with that.

Kubes seems to make the hard choices, not the sexy picks. THAT is what a GOOD coach does.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #14
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Google? Chron.com?

Just brainstormin for future games for ya....
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read