Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Smith, Taylor, & Lundy are the backs to see action tonight against the Chiefs

"Three new running backs — veteran Antowain Smith and rookies Chris Taylor and Wali Lundy — will get the heavy-duty work tonight when the Texans kick off preseason against Kansas City at Reliant Stadium.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4112317.html
Apparently Morency is not in the top tier of RBs at this time ?
I'm really looking forward to seeing Taylor, lot of talk about him and his
potential for this system.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Morency will probably play next game with Damien Rhodes and another RB *Probably whoever impresses today* That way the coaches can have more reps to evaluate.
Old 08-12-2006   #3
Sportsfan
All Pro

This has been pretty much a given ever since we knew DD's knee wasn't in good shape.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #4
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
"Three new running backs veteran Antowain Smith and rookies Chris Taylor and Wali Lundy will get the heavy-duty work tonight when the Texans kick off preseason against Kansas City at Reliant Stadium.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4112317.html
Apparently Morency is not in the top tier of RBs at this time ?
I'm really looking forward to seeing Taylor, lot of talk about him and his
potential for this system.

It may be that Morency is the front runner and they want to have a better look at the other guys.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #5
bulldawgtexan
Rookie

Morency is nursing a sore hammy
bulldawgtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #6
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Honestly?

Im hoping that Chris Taylor and Damien Rhodes impress so that the rest of the pre-season the reps will go to

Antowain Smith
Chris Taylor
Damien Rhodes....

MAN GO TEXANS!!
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I want to see Taylor and Lundy more than any other back on the roster so this is good.
Old 08-12-2006   #8
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Im iffy about Taylor. I have heard good things...but I recall reading some training camp reports in which I remember reading the word "fumble" alot. So I get the impression that hes a good runner, but his hands are like sticks of butter.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
It may be that Morency is the front runner and they want to have a better look at the other guys.
I dunno, but don't you think they'd be most anxious to see their front
runner(s) first in real game competition under their newly installed WCO featuring their ZB ?
With it looking more and more likely all the time that DD won't be there for them early in the season (if at all this year !), they have got to make some decisions about who their primary backs are gonna be, and make those decisions real quick.
Old 08-12-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency has a hammy issue...so they are taking it easy on him since these games mean nothing more than a way to make sure the last 10 spots on your roster are good decisions. I see him as our feature back if Dom can't go.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #11
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Taylor needs to run well tonight, but the two things he must not do is fumble or drop a pass!
Old 08-12-2006   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
Morency is the front runner in DD's absence but he tweaked a hamstring a couple days ago and they don't want to risk playing him tonight.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Morency has a hammy issue...so they are taking it easy on him since these games mean nothing more than a way to make sure the last 10 spots on your roster are good decisions. I see him as our feature back if Dom can't go.
OK, did not know about Morency's injury and that certainly explains his absense from Kubiaks plans about which backs do the heavy lifting tonight.
But I don't think the importance of these preseason games is limited to completing the last 10 names on the roster. For example, I suspect Wand and Spencer and the coaches would tell you theres some important issues that need to be resolved in preseason.
Old 08-12-2006   #14
newbiefan
Rookie

Yea the Chronic mentions Morency's hammy issue. I don't think he would've played much anyways. I think they want to give him and smith reps with the 1st team offense, 1 today one next week. Besides, splitting carries among 4 backs would be 6-7 carries each, and they want more like 9-10 each to get enough film of each to properly evaluate them.
newbiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #15
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Morency has been practicing all week, split time with Taylor and Smith for first team reps. He is dinged up like most of the players are, but he has not been talking about a bum hammy. Now maybe Vinny and AJ have seen or heard from someone other than I have, but seeing him practice all week and get the usual reps and workload seems weird to do with a bum hammy.
Old 08-12-2006   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just going by what Kubiak told the media yesterday. Heard him talking about it yesterday afternoon about 2:30 ish (not in person - on the radio). I think I saw it in the Chronic as well. To amend my earlier statement, I don't know when it happened -- whether it was a couple days ago or yesterday -- I just heard that it happened. It may have been one of those deals when it tightened up after practice and wasn't serious enough to be noticeable on the field. I got the impression that it wasn't serious.

Last edited by aj.; 08-12-2006 at 12:41 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #17
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

My fault AJ I just had not read or heard Kubes say anything of the sort, but I could have missed it. Like I said I am only going on seeing him at practice this week.
Old 08-12-2006   #18
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea I wanna see if we finally have some good depth at RB!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #19
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker
I want to see Taylor and Lundy more than any other back on the roster so this is good.
ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!! Yeah!! football is here, and since the Texans are playing KC, I actually get to watch it LIVE tonight. Unfortunately, it will be with a KC biased crew. BUT, it will still be the TEXANS!!!
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #20
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

2 of the 3 I wanted to see are playing so this will be good (Lundy, Taylor). Question of the day is, who of the 3 has the bigger game? Ill go Lundy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read