Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2006   #1
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 10376 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who do you want to see first?

Who do you want to see on the field first, the Offense or Defense for the first preseason game?

I don't know yet I want to see how Carr does in this new system, but I also wanna see how Mario plays.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #2
AFD1717
Veteran

I don't care, but since we are supposedly an offensive minded team now I guess I'd like to see the offense set the tone.
Old 08-11-2006   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Mario, Babin, Smith, Weaver, Orr, Ryans, Greenwood, Robinson, Sanders, Earl, and Brown.

Soo.... the defense.

I know Kubiak will get his yards. But I want a dominant defense. I want to see Babin back with his hand in the dirt. I want to see our 2 new draft picks. I want to see our biggest FA acquisition. I want to see sacks!
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #4
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Dont Care!!!

It is just time for some damn football, what does it matter.
Old 08-11-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Im guessing I will probably see special teams first but thats just a hunch.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #6
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Im guessing I will probably see special teams first but thats just a hunch.
Well actually we'll probably see the team captains for a coint toss in there somewhere if we are going to be picky. Let's not forget warmup either...
Old 08-11-2006   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
Who do you want to see on the field first, the Offense or Defense for the first preseason game?

I don't know yet I want to see how Carr does in this new system, but I also wanna see how Mario plays.
I'll bet you a dollar we'll see the Special Teams on the field first.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2006   #8
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

As long as we see some Football that's all that matters it's been too long of an offseason, back and forth with the bush vince young saga for the draft...
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #9
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
I'll bet you a dollar we'll see the Special Teams on the field first.

I own the copyright to that answer. According to the state of texas law 24515 code 13 because you have bet on that and it was previously copyrighted by myself (see two posts up you now owe me the equivalent of 1$ U.S) Thank You
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #10
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 10376 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if you want to get literal here then which one of these would you want to see first the Offense or Defense.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Kris Brown. A lot. Extra points, kickoffs, maybe a field goal or two.

Why isn't Vernand Morency playing? I heard on 610 that he would not get PT, but I haven't heard of any injury.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking forward to both sides of the ball, but in my mind, there is more to scrutinize on the offensive side. How will DC look in the pocket and scrambling, will the line be consistent and give him some breathing room, the timing between Carr and his WRs/TE, and our running game will be interesting to check out. I don't put a lot of stock into pre-season games most of the time, but this one will be a little different just watching the team and system that Kubiak has built for the first time. It should be fun.
Old 08-11-2006   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
I own the copyright to that answer. According to the state of texas law 24515 code 13 because you have bet on that and it was previously copyrighted by myself (see two posts up you now owe me the equivalent of 1$ U.S) Thank You
Come see in the Platinum Lot tomorrow and I'll pay you.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #14
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

honestly i want to see the offense and see what kind of miracle worker this gary kubiak fellow is since we do need help on offense but the player i really want to see is morency.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I want to see the defense first. I think we should know how good the offensive line is just by seeing how easy the DL gets to the other QB.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #16
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Dont Care!!!

We have a winner!

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #17
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Dont Care!!!

I cant wait!
Old 08-12-2006   #18
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

defense comes out of the tunnel first . But in reality I just want to see our team with a winning and caring attitude back on the field.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #19
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

which ever is on the field first I'd like to see play aggressive, physical football.......but as its a pre-season I dont want anyone to get injured
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Kubiak display organization, game planning, exacution and the occasional pep talk to the troops especially David Carr. in short lots of adjustments to streamline the process and get max output and effeicency from the players without getting anyone hurt hope that not too much to ask if so I guess I'll settle for the occasional good play action pass, run, return, sack, int, td etc. etc. etc.....

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read