Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2006   #1
Irish_Bronco
waterboy

Default Rookie WR David Anderson

Does anyone know how he's been doing in camp and if he has a shot at making the 53 man Roster?
Irish_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #2
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Bronco
Does anyone know how he's been doing in camp and if he has a shot at making the 53 man Roster?
I hope he doesn't make the roster...and he probably won't
Old 08-11-2006   #3
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
how nice
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
how nice
seriously, do you have something against the guy?
Old 08-11-2006   #5
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
seriously, do you have something against the guy?
i believe you are talking to the wrong person. doom capers was being sarcastic im sure.

there does appear to be a lot of competition at WR for the 4th and 5th spot and it will come down to who is better on special teams. for that - we watch preseason games!!! starting tomorrow!!!
Old 08-11-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Big heart and talented I'm sure but he looks smaller than his 5'10 195 lb listing. He's going to have a tough time making the 53. Anything can happen in the next four weeks but he's a practice squad candidate at best from what I've seen so far.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #7
ocd
Rookie

Well, I like David Anderson but when the NFL channel featured Texans training camp the other day Rick Smith was interviewed.

He discussed Mario and DeMeco pretty well. After the discussion was heading away from the draft picks he guided it back to the draft picks.

He talked briefly about every single pick except David Anderson.

That can't be a good thing. I read that as he's getting cut or something like that.
ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2006   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
i believe you are talking to the wrong person. doom capers was being sarcastic im sure.

there does appear to be a lot of competition at WR for the 4th and 5th spot and it will come down to who is better on special teams. for that - we watch preseason games!!! starting tomorrow!!!
I know I picked up on the sarcasm, it was an extention of his "How Nice"
Old 08-11-2006   #9
AFD1717
Veteran

I think the only way Anderson makes the team is if we carry six recievers and he probably doesn't even make it then.

I'm wondering why we didn't draft Chris Taylor and sign Anderson as a FA if we wanted to look at him. I realize it doesn't really matter since they are both here, but has Anderson been a disappointment or did Taylor just come out of nowhere and exceed all expectations?
Old 08-11-2006   #10
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

There are some people on this board who dont think much of Taylor either. We will see when they play, but Taylor did not come out of nowhere, he was scouted and targeted to make sure he signed with us. Those that went to a TC practice and saw Taylor and thought that he was not overly good, likely either could not see, were to hobbled to get close to the action, or have not had any experience evaluating players. Now I am not saying Taylor is the end all to end all, but he has talent and has been my darkhorse since minicamps and OTAs. David Anderson is ok, but he is real small and not the fastest guy out there. He runs good routes and has hands, but he still has a good ways to go. If he can distinguish himself on special teams or show something during the preseason he will definately make practice squad.

Last edited by Coach C.; 08-11-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #11
texun
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
What's your problem with David Anderson? He got game. He reminds me of Wayne Chrebet (another small white guy nobody gave credit). Check out his stats at Colorado State (graduated with 3.6 gpa). He's a player, not a premadona and Coach K knows it. What he lacks in size and speed he makes up for in good hands, precise routs, smarts and toghness.

I hope he does make the roster, at least the practice squad.
texun is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read