Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Pre-season Game One Predictions and What surprises will come out

My prediction
KC 10
HOU 22

And my surprise of the game:

Wali and Chris Taylor break out in this game. Wali has a long TD run with a break away, and Taylor becomes someone we want starting if DD is down.
Old 08-10-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I believe I read an article on the Texans Website that they plan on mostly using 2 RBs this game and then 2 different ones the next game so they get more reps per game.... So Wali or Chris might not even play *Sorry to burst your bubble*
Old 08-10-2006   #3
Dime
Hall of Fame

The coach had said the three he planned on using (initially, could have changed his mind) was Smith, Wali, and Taylor (this is if DD was out)
Old 08-10-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
The coach had said the three he planned on using (initially, could have changed his mind) was Smith, Wali, and Taylor (this is if DD was out)
I cannot wait to see Antowain carrying a football for the Texans. Truely, in my mind, an awesome moment. Besides that, I feel that it is important for us to use Lundy as much as possible.
Old 08-10-2006   #5
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

KC 17
HT 20

Surprise: second string QB Sage Rosenfels outplays David Carr and leads the team to victory in the second half.

That should rattle a few DC homers
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston 24
Chiefs 17

Surprise: David Carr at the first team offense drive straight down the field the first time they get the ball.

2nd surprise: Lewis Sanders plays well and Buchanan is in danger of losing his starting job.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #7
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24 Chiefs 14

Biggest Surprise - The OL gives up no sacks for the entire game.

Old 08-11-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
Texans 24 Chiefs 14

Biggest Surprise - The OL gives up no sacks for the entire game.

I'll drink to that! Heck, I'll drink a six pack to that!:bananasplit:

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I'll drink to that! Heck, I'll drink a six pack to that!:bananasplit:
Six pack??? Make it an 18 pack for me if we make it through the whole game without a sack.
Old 08-11-2006   #10
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24

Chiefs 10
Old 08-11-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If's and Buts

Too many boo boos. Too many green players. too many questions. Once the first team guys are out, we're gonna get killed.
Cheifs 34- Texans 17.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #12
LocoChiefsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Too many boo boos. Too many green players. too many questions. Once the first team guys are out, we're gonna get killed.
Cheifs 34- Texans 17.
Come on Pete, the first team guys are going to get killed too. LOL = Just messing with ya maybe.
Old 08-11-2006   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Cheifs 34- Texans 17.
I agree with your basic premise (green) but I am pleased to report that this is the first year in which the Texans have a resemblance of depth in their depth chart. Our second team D-line is quite respectable and ought to fair well enough against the Chiefs' second team O-line. Rosenfels is capable and I have high hopes for both Morency and Taylor (though IIRC both are sitting out this week.) We're certainly not an amazing second-team unit, but I suspect we'll be good enough to hang.
Old 08-11-2006   #14
ocd
Rookie

I'm predicting that there will be quite a few mistakes made in all aspects of our game. Unlike the last regime, our coaching staff will take it as a learning lesson and fix the mistakes.

Weaknesses become strengths or you'll be eaten alive kind of deal.

Oh, and there will be some of this...

ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #15
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Houston 24 KC 21

Mario Williams with 12 interceptions and 15 sacks and 32 tackles...Dont blame me for being optimistic
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Houston 24 KC 21

Mario Williams with 12 interceptions and 15 sacks and 32 tackles...Dont blame me for being optimistic
Now that's optimism right there. You forgot about the 10 tackles for a loss.
Old 08-11-2006   #17
aquafin
Rookie

Can't wait to see Sage play. I'll be watching!
aquafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #18
Chris Taylor MVP
Rookie

Default Chris Taylor

Prediction:
Chris Taylor- two touchdowns, one hundred yards rushing, awarded the game ball. Texans win by five!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
My prediction
KC 10
HOU 22

And my surprise of the game:

Wali and Chris Taylor break out in this game. Wali has a long TD run with a break away, and Taylor becomes someone we want starting if DD is down.
Chris Taylor MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #19
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans 20
Kansas City Chiefs 10

Surprise of the game: Derrick Armstrong has a good game and catches a TD. I'd like to see Armstrong as our #4 WR.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #20
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston 24

KC 14

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read