Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2006   #1
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP
Thumbs up Chiefs banged up, Houston plus 1 favorte for saturday

Hey all, since I live in KC I thought I would give some info from the local media. I didnt write it all down so no quotes or links(sorry) but the jist of it is, KC is really banged up going into saturday with about 13 guys injured. I saw about 6 starters listed mainly o-line/d-line. ty law sat out yesterdays practice also. day to day I believe. The KC Star has Houston listed as the +1 favorite for the game. Herm Edwards has been a little upset with the offense, I guess they are so used to scoring, they are having trouble with ball/clock control style that edwards is known for. Kinda ironic I think, they are switching from agressive to conservative, we are switching from conservative to agressive. Just thought I would give my input from KC. should be fun game to watch.
Old 08-09-2006   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Links are always good... but thanks for the heads-up.

With Al Saunders gone and their 2 starting tackles gone, I would expect a lot less from the KC offense this season. Too bad for everyone that took Larry Johnson first in their fantasy draft.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #3
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Drill Sgt. Herm is killing them in training camp.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

uh-oh...I haven't made it to a point in my Texans fanatic career where I feel good about being favored in a game.

It should be a good game. Although preseason wins can be fool's gold, I think players are still trying to win the game along with proving themselves to secure a position on the team.

I'm still in surreal mode that the season is upon us. It probably won't hit me until I grab my hardhat and jersey and head off to the game.
Old 08-09-2006   #5
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the Vegas book I have seen, KC is -1. In other words, they are the favorite by 1 point.

A + means you are an underdog, not a favorite.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #6
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
According to the Vegas book I have seen, KC is -1. In other words, they are the favorite by 1 point.

A + means you are an underdog, not a favorite.
does that make you feel better Double Barrel??
Old 08-10-2006   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
does that make you feel better Double Barrel??
Makes me feel better.

Every time the Texans are favored, they have lost have games.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2006   #8
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Does KC have a message board?
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #9
Frills
Veteran

Chart with all Lines on NFL games

Line History

Enjoy
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Setting odds on preseason games is silly. Betting on them is outright idiotic.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #11
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Setting odds on preseason games is silly. Betting on them is outright idiotic.
A line is a line, if you think its off, you should bet it no matter what time of season it is. Betting is all about making money, nothing more. There has been some huge action to move the Stl v Indy line 3 points, are the bettors who jammed enough cash down to move the line idiots, or are they taking advantage of a financial opportunity based on a weak line?
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
A line is a line, if you think its off, you should bet it no matter what time of season it is. Betting is all about making money, nothing more. There has been some huge action to move the Stl v Indy line 3 points, are the bettors who jammed enough cash down to move the line idiots, or are they taking advantage of a financial opportunity based on a weak line?
Because preseason is preseason. Most teams don't play to win, they are throwing in players to look at them. You might as well just get some friends together and start flipping coins. BTW, who is favored in coin flipping? Heads or Tails?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Because preseason is preseason. Most teams don't play to win, they are throwing in players to look at them. You might as well just get some friends together and start flipping coins. BTW, who is favored in coin flipping? Heads or Tails?
I always call tails myself.
Old 08-10-2006   #14
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you guys have this backwards. A + sign means you are an underdog. That means you are getting points before the game starts.

The Texans are +1 against the Chiefs. From a betting perspective, the score before the game is Texans 1 and Chiefs 0. If there is no scoring in the game and you bet the Texans, you win the bet.

I don't bet anymore but I am pretty certain I am right and you guys have this backwards.

The Texans are underdogs for this game!!!!

Betting on preseason games are dicey and it least know which way you are betting.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #15
Ghetto D
Rookie

Quote:
Actually, since the head of the coin is usually has more weight shifted to it, the coin will land on it slightly more (like a tenth or hundredth of a percent). You always call Tails - take an edge when you can!
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Tails never fails.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #17
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79917 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unless Jerry Glanville is coaching. He seemed to confuse the preseason with the playoffs.
Old 08-10-2006   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I always call tails myself.
Ditto

I hope the Chiefs offense can hold up. Trent Green and Tony Gonzalez are on my fantasy team!
Old 08-10-2006   #19
kmartin575
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal
Does KC have a message board?
www.warpaintillustrated.com
www.chiefscoalition.com

I'm sure Chiefs fans at both boards would welcome you guys for some football talk.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #20
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
I think you guys have this backwards. A + sign means you are an underdog. That means you are getting points before the game starts.

The Texans are +1 against the Chiefs. From a betting perspective, the score before the game is Texans 1 and Chiefs 0. If there is no scoring in the game and you bet the Texans, you win the bet.

I don't bet anymore but I am pretty certain I am right and you guys have this backwards.

The Texans are underdogs for this game!!!!

Betting on preseason games are dicey and it least know which way you are betting.
I have no Idea, I just know we were listed in the favorite collumn and +1 in the O column, pick in the C collumn and 36 1/2 in the O/U collumn. I dont bet sports, so I usually just see who is favorite and who is underdog. I just threw in the info coupled with the multiple injuries to let you all know what to expect. they had to sign another QB because both of their backups are injured. I didnt think I was gonna cause this much turmoil lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read