Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many sacks against KC?
1-3 47 44.76%
4-6 48 45.71%
7-9 7 6.67%
10+ 3 2.86%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2006   #1
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default How Many Sacks Will our Team Notch Against the Chiefs?

I am going to propose an outlandish number: 6. And 2 INTs.
Old 08-09-2006   #2
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinkin anywhere between 6-9
Old 08-09-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i say four to eight.
Old 08-09-2006   #4
texflex513
All Pro

Im gonna go with 4 with mario having at least 1 of those. As far as picks not sure 1 maybe 2. The main thing is we finally get pressure on the QB
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

This actually will be interesting. The Chief's line is in disarray. Kyle Turley will be starting at LT--that tells you something right there. He hasn't played football in two years, isn't up to his former play weight, was just thinking about trying to play as a TE and the last time he played LT he gave up 13.5 sacks. At RT they are starting Kevin Sampson a 7th round 2004 draft pick who has started 1 game.
Old 08-09-2006   #6
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
This actually will be interesting. The Chief's line is in disarray. Kyle Turley will be starting at LT--that tells you something right there. He hasn't played football in two years, isn't up to his former play weight, was just thinking about trying to play as a TE and the last time he played LT he gave up 13.5 sacks. At RT they are starting Kevin Sampson a 7th round 2004 draft pick who has started 1 game.

That has a familiar ring to it...........
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I am going to propose an outlandish number: 6. And 2 INTs.
As a team I'll give us four....One each for peek and babin....and TWO for SUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPEEEEER Mario.....
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2006   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Good point. Conceivably, we could ring up even more.

I'm excited about Carr and the offense, but I'm most excited to see how our defense looks; playcalls, etc. I want to see if our D-line and blitzers can be as dominating as I dream might be.
Old 08-09-2006   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Jerek, why didnt you make this a poll?
Old 08-09-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

4+ this week...we're just getting warmed up.

LOUD PROUD & TEXAN!
Old 08-09-2006   #11
Dime
Hall of Fame

I am not going to give a number.. I just would be stoked if they had a constant pass rush. I would love to see 10 sacks.. but lets see what we have.
Old 08-09-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Default How Many Sacks Will our Team Notch Against the Chiefs?

Mods, please merge with the other one.
Old 08-09-2006   #13
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Yeah the poll is much better. Merge them mods, and let the voting begin. Mario is going to kill the chiefs RT. He is some seventh rounder and I dont even remember his name. Mr. CantBlockMario will make Herm Edwards only play his starters for one series.
Old 08-09-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Mods, please merge with the other one.
My pleasure.
Old 08-09-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
My pleasure.
Man....did you just reach the hall of fame level ?
Old 08-09-2006   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with four.
There are a few things to consider that may make it more than four...
There is a good chance that our starting DLine will go deeper into this game than a starting unit might in a normal preseason game one.

The second thing is that with KC's afore mention OLine turmoil, they almost certainly don't have the same level of quality in the line that we have in our second and even third string DL.
I think the first team we put out there will have success, but in the second half I really think our DL will have a substantial talent advantage over the OL they send out there.

hmmm... I think I just talked myself into adding a sack or two... too bad I already voted!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #17
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Mario 2; Babin 1; Peek 1; Weaver 1; Orr 1; TOTAL 6
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I am the one that will be the wet blanket. 2 sacks and 1 int. First game, 1st team only plays about one quarter. I think one of the sacks will come from the second team as our second team line will be basicaly our last years starter line. We will give up one sack to Sage and both our QBs will throw an INT. L.J. gets 45 yards for the Chiefs on 12 carries. We score 17 Chiefs get 10.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #19
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

5 sacks...

Mario 2, Kalu 1 , Peek 1, Ro-bear 1
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Im gonna go with 3 ..... Even the Texans abysmal line last year only gave up 4.25 per game .... and that was a near record pace for ineptitude .

The Texans D-line is probably the strength of the team but even against a team who's weakness is their O-line I dont see such a disparity in talent that would lead me to believe the sack total would go over five . These are all professionals .... However I do see the Texans D-line giving constant pressure forcing some poor passes and causing general havoc.

Three would make me happy .... and be an improvement over last seasons average of 2.3 per game .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read