Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How Mario makes us better.

Dime

Veteran
Alot of people are now coming to the knowledge of how Mario is helping the whole team. In case you havent thought of it, here is a list on how he is doing it.

For defense

1. Ok.. The obvious. He was brought in to increase a horrible pass rush. We had very few sacks last year and his presence, and his play ethic will become exactly what we need. I dont how many times I saw Payton or other QB's with 10-15 seconds to pass. If you have that long, something will always open up.

2. How he his helping the secondary. With providing a pass rush, the QB has less time to throw the ball and make reads. This gives more chances of errors in play. Error in play can only help us with interceptions, or knocked down passes. Routes have to be cut quicker, and things happen when the tempo gets changed.

For Offense.

1. How can he help our offensive line? Think about it.. If he is on your team, you learn (as a off lineman) on what might work or not work against a Freeney. He is a constant threat to the QB and forces our line to get better or run over.

2. How can he help our RB/FB. You have a massive force on one side of the ball, what do you have to do to get around it, or escape it. This is the Question that our RB/FB have to think about when going against a team with a Freeney type on thier team. In the past, we couldnt practice what we would do in real time, only analyze and guess. With Mario, you can run real time to see if your they are able to work thier theorys.

3. TE? You need to know when you need to block or need to know when you need to open for a pass so the QB can drop it to you.

4. QB? David couldnt practice only having 1.5 seconds to do something because he didnt have anyone (even with our online) he had to 'fear'. Now, even though it is practice, he has to make quicker decisions which prepare him for games against a strong dline.

1 Mario has already done alot for this team.

Funny thing is, he's been chasing around Carr during training camp. Just think what happens when he gets after a less mobile QB such as, shall we say Manning, Leftwich?

I can't wait.

Mario's no.1 job is create havoc and if does that the rest of our defense will look very good. It's all about applying pressure on the opposing qb.

MightyTExan said:
Funny thing is, he's been chasing around Carr during training camp. Just think what happens when he gets after a less mobile QB such as, shall we say Manning, Leftwich?

I can't wait.
Good point. I hadn't even thought about that. This year is going to be fun.

MightyTExan said:

I can't wait.

exactly!, and Peyton dont have edge in there to gain him that extra second to get rid of the ball. they will prolly have to use an hback proset to make up for it. which means 1 less saftey valve target for him to throw to. I can't wait either :yahoo:

Nice thread, Dime, and good points. A player like Mario elevates those around him just by his presence on the field. Once he establishes himself as a dominant force to be reckoned with, our players will be that much better by association.

Don't forget, Mario will also get double/triple teamed a good part of the time, so this frees up our other defenders to penetrate the pocket or disrupt the timing on a run play.

Double Barrel said:
Nice thread, Dime, and good points. A player like Mario elevates those around him just by his presence on the field. Once he establishes himself as a dominant force to be reckoned with, our players will be that much better by association.

Don't forget, Mario will also get double/triple teamed a good part of the time, so this frees up our other defenders to penetrate the pocket or disrupt the timing on a run play.

Your right.. forgot to post that

I definitely agree with all the above. Mario improves this team much more than the other 2 would have.

Anyone else think Babin could be one of the happiest guys around? He's been ridden hard his first 2 years and now that he's back to his regular position and has Mario on the other side he could put up a Robert Mathis type season.

How about PBuc and DRob? They won't have to hold their coverage as long now that the team will actually put some pressure on the opposing QB.

Right now there is one person that I zeroed in on when the chasing QB part was brought up...

I hope Drew Bledsoe has some good insurance policies.

Back