Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2004   #1
supertankman
Rookie

Default It could be worse, look what happend to detroit....

It could be worse, we could have won today and lost a few key players, i would rather loose and keep our stars, we play detroit next week and yes, they won today, but the Lions lost a pair of star players as Pro Bowl cornerback Dre' Bly suffered a knee injury and wide receiver Charles Rogers left with a broken collarbone, the same injury that cost him all but the first five games last season.

So this may be a advantage for us come sunday
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

If we play like we did today then the Lions second team can beat us...
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #3
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertankman
It could be worse, we could have won today and lost a few key players, i would rather loose and keep our stars, we play detroit next week and yes, they won today, but the Lions lost a pair of star players as Pro Bowl cornerback Dre' Bly suffered a knee injury and wide receiver Charles Rogers left with a broken collarbone, the same injury that cost him all but the first five games last season.

So this may be a advantage for us come sunday
Yes, it looks as though Rogers broke his collarbone and is probably out for the season. Prelimenary reports say Bly sprained his MCL and is out 3+ weeks. That was the good news for you, now the bad, the Lions still have 3 very capable receivers, Williams, Hakim, and Streets and Goodman (Bly's replacement) is pretty good. In fact, he started his rookie year and was hurt last season, plus we still have Bryant.

Should be an interesting game. I am doing a write-up for the matchup for a lions MB, I'll post the link when I finish (hopefully tomorrow). Do any of you guys meet for games in Houston? I was thinking of going to BW3 on W. Gray.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #4
Meisterman
Veteran

I don't know how much worse it could get for the Texan secondary...that truly was a "terrible" team effort against Sad Diego ..one of the weakest teams in the NFL.

Detroit could put an undrafted tight end in the game and he would get open with Eric Brown's blanket coverage....yuck!
Meisterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah i guess yall are right ,,,i mean look at the patriots last years opener they lost 30 something to nothing and they didnt do anything all season,,,,oh WAIT they went to the superbowl didnt they !!!!! Lets not put the defense or offense out for good one week dont make a season. Yall should save all that negative talk if we get like 0-6 but not just yet.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #6
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1880758

Charles Rogers is officially out for the season.

Dre Bly is out for 2 weeks.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #7
Diehardtexan
Veteran

If Capers and the rest of the crew don't put a sound game plan then we will be asking for his head next week. I know some of you would say the team had one this week and they blew it. You can't play for close games all the time. Close games only won by great teams, we are not even a good team yet. Palmer has to open it up. The running game is not going to work every week unless your passing game is working and the oppesite is true too. If our Offinse is not on the feild most of the time then our Defense is going to get hurt and they won't last for the rest of the year. We can't count on a bunch of rookies to last a whole game with out being burnt and we have a lot of first timers on our Defense.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2004   #8
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisterman
Detroit could put an undrafted tight end in the game and he would get open with Eric Brown's blanket coverage....yuck!
Funny you should say that, Casey Fitzsimmons, 2nd year undrafted is arguably Det. best TE. But Alexander will probably get the start, but I highly disagree that Det. second team could beat Houston, I watched Det. preseason, it wasn't pretty
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertankman
but the Lions lost a pair of star players as Pro Bowl cornerback Dre' Bly suffered a knee injury and wide receiver Charles Rogers left with a broken collarbone
OK, game plan time. Go for their cornerbacks' knees and their wide outs' collarbones. But don't throw the football at them, Carr. That doesn't seem to work real well.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read