Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2004   #1
Doom Capers
Veteran

Default I think Sunday will be kinda rough

Lets face it, SD may be one of the worst teams in football. But Ladanian Tomlinson will probably run all over us, which is a weakness it seems. Things could get ugly.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

They have no O line...I'm not worried...
Old 09-08-2004   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The right side of their front 7 is Igor Olshansky (rookie) and Steve Foley (Texans cast off). Look for lots of runs over Wand and the left side.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Foley is not a bad player, he helped our D out alot last year. It will be tough but we will be a very good running team this week. We will win.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #5
the_dork_avenger
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Lets face it, SD may be one of the worst teams in football. But Ladanian Tomlinson will probably run all over us, which is a weakness it seems. Things could get ugly.
I dont think LT could keep it up for the whole game against our D. He may get some big plays but I doubt he'll dominate.
the_dork_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tough

We will win, but it's gonna be tough because the NFL is always tough. This is the NFL, which stands for "Not For Long" if you're Jerry Glanville and you can't coach well and you shoot your mouth off about the fans in Houston, lol.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The nation seems to think that we'll win so far:
From MSNBC.com
Chargers at Texans, 1 p.m. ET * 10587 responses

San Diego
25%
Houston
75%
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2004   #8
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I Can't Forsee Tomlinson Dominating Our D...125 Yards? Possibly...200 + Yards? Not Likely...This Should Be An Easy Win For Us...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #9
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Well lets hope the nation is right.
Old 09-09-2004   #10
clandestin
Veteran

I think the game rides on us establishing our running game early and often, with the Chargers secondary 3rd and long situation could be tough to convert. The chargers 3-4 has me slightly apprehensive as our running game was non-existant against the only 3-4 team we played this preseason (steelers,) on the flipside of course is that the O practices against a 3-4 week in and week out so they should certainly be familiar with how to block against it. I do expect us to win, though I'm not predicting a blowout, I think our O-Line and D will need some time to get in synch before we start ripping teams.
Old 09-09-2004   #11
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Game's are not won on paper remember when the Texans played the winless Bengals and were apparently on their way to a easy victor....... oh by the way we got our butts kicked ....we are playing a professional team on the first game of the season stats don't mean squat
B.Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #12
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

any given sunday...on paper we should win...on paper...you never know what's gonna happen...all i know is i look on paper at the lines...what i see is a rookie 7th round pick going against g-funk...a rookie center going against payne/deloach and making calls against our 3-4...i see an old oben going against a young tough smith...i see our defense front three having no problem with their front five...but let's face it an given sunday anything can happen...as far as we know LT could have a career day...still i'm hopeing we win and make it three opening days in a row
Old 09-09-2004   #13
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

"On paper" the Astros were supposed to be doing great all year long too ...
Well they must have finally looked at the paper !!!! :hehe:
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The Chargers get two 1st rounders next year (courtesy of the Eli Manning trade). They better spend one on the O-line and one on the front 7 on D. They should end up with one of the top 3 picks in next year's draft (San Fran and Arizona are competition and play each other twice). Perhaps they could get the stud LT they passed in this draft.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

They will just trade them away. They seem to do that alot.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #16
CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU
Rookie

Exclamation Chargers comin to get you

LT is only half your problem.........

Antonio Gates is your other.....

And Igor on defense will frighten your OLine..guaranteed.

Our defense isnt like last year folks...you know ill be on back on monday to give you "i told you so"s .......

Ill go so far as to say Wes Welker will be an eye opener to you as well.

YOU ARE GOIN DOWN AND YOU HAVE REASON FOR YOUR CONCERN ON THESE BOARDS :hehe:
CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. A Charger fan. I didnt know they existed. Nice try troll. Wes Welker; wasnt he the guitarist for Limp Bizkit? Good luck Sunday, and enjoy the #1 pick in the 2005 draft.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Two years ago the Chargers delivered an eye opening beat down of the Texans. That game was maybe the ugliest game in a season full of ugly games.

There's no way in the world I can see the Texans not preparing for the rematch. They're going to go out there and bring the payback Sunday. As nice as it is to see a Chargers poster talking up his guys (Whoever they are? Anybody know any of those other guys besides LT? Are you sure they're on your team Charger fan?) it won't make any difference. The Chargers are two years waiting to get this butt kicking.

The Payne Train's coming.
Old 09-09-2004   #19
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU
LT is only half your problem.........

Antonio Gates is your other.....

And Igor on defense will frighten your OLine..guaranteed.

Our defense isnt like last year folks...you know ill be on back on monday to give you "i told you so"s .......

Ill go so far as to say Wes Welker will be an eye opener to you as well.

YOU ARE GOIN DOWN AND YOU HAVE REASON FOR YOUR CONCERN ON THESE BOARDS :hehe:

Damn here we are giving yall a few "compliments which i dont see why" and you come on here talking a bunch of BS. What do you expect us to do roll over and play dead,,,,how bout this i'll go to yalls message board Monday and tell ALL yall that we TOLD YALL SO . Ever heard of Andre Johnnson, Domanic Davis, David Carr, Corey Bradford, ok ok how bout Jamie Sharper, Jay Foreman, Aaron Gleen, Marcus Coleman ??? No well thats to bad otherwise i dont think ya woulda come on OUR web site. By the way good "LUCK" sunday.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #20
Rule12b
Rookie

With all due respect to you Houston folks here, I think you are in for a rude awakening on Sunday. True you have a nice crew of newly uninjured players. However, have you taken time to look at the preseason work of both teams? Your offensive front is going to get worked over, badly. They simply don't match up well against our um, no-names. Your back is skilled, but our run defense is not going to give him room. Watch the tape.

On offense, you will not stop our run, period. In the air, Dunta, who played too agressively all preseason, will be exploited often. Your sole hope and bright spot in the entire game is a potentially good pass rush, but just as you point to the rookie's in our O-line, you are relying on one in your rush.

31-13 Chargers. I'll be back on Monday to gloat. As far as the rest of your season goes, I wish you good luck, I like Carr, he's got heart.
Rule12b is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read