Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2006   #1
NFLforher
All Pro

Default Kubiak calls out Carr

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4101013.html

"David has to practice; you can't come out here and practice like that," Kubiak said. "Guys have to help, but he's the ringleader every day, every practice. I expect a lot out of him, and he knows that.

"I was hard on David today, because our offense goes as our quarterback goes. When he practices well, we practice well."
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #2
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher

"David has to practice; you can't come out here and practice like that," Kubiak said. "Guys have to help, but he's the ringleader every day, every practice. I expect a lot out of him, and he knows that.

"I was hard on David today, because our offense goes as our quarterback goes. When he practices well, we practice well."
Kubiak is like "Mr. Football Psychologist." Later in that same article he was talking about PBucs hamstring and he said they were going to take it easy on him, yada, yada, yada....then he says that he told him that Sanders was playing well.....kind of a you better get your stuff together comment

It's a head game. He's not pushing 'em....he's making them push themselves and they probably do it without realizing he played 'em
Old 08-09-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it is as much calling him out as it is just holding him accountable for his actions.
Old 08-09-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

just Kubiak being Kubiak
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

we will win 4 games this season purely because of kubiak. i have no doubt that the talent level will get us atleast another 4+.

houston, we have a coach!
Old 08-09-2006   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

flash back to last pre-season & remember how poorly the Texans performed well the debate rage'ed about the importance or lack there of pre-season football, come to find out that is exactly how the Texans played during the regular season :brickwall

finally someone gets it and a more professional smell is in the air......success

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of reminds me of a Parcells mind game. And I don't think that's bad. Carr's the guy in Houston and he earns accordingly. In Texas, we call it lighting a fire under ...you know.

I'm glad that we at have a coach who at least has a pulse nowadays.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
Kind of reminds me of a Parcells mind game. And I don't think that's bad. Carr's the guy in Houston and he earns accordingly. In Texas, we call it lighting a fire under ...you know.

I don't think it is game playing.

Basically, he said that Carr had a poor morning practice. Later that day, he liked the second practice more. He's not going out of his way to say these things--it is in response to questions after practice.

He is saying what the truth is.

It ain't a Parcells kinda thing--I can't imagine Kubiak referring to a player he didn't want to draft as "she."

You want a competition so fierce in camp that actual competition seems like a relief.
Old 08-09-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher

Heres what he said at the next practice that day. I am sure you just forgot to post them.:brickwall
Quote:
"He's taking the coaching well," Kubiak said about Carr. "We didn't make the same mistakes in the afternoon practice. That's what this game's about. He takes to coaching. He listens, and that's all we can ask."
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #10
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

I can't believe it has taken 4 years for Carr to be yelled at for bonehead moves and not giving a 110% (etc.) at practice.

Way to go Kubiak -- wake him up, this is the NFL...
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull

I kinda agree with this. Kubiak does remind me of a Parcells lite.

Parcells busts you down and breaks you. Kubiak seems like he is doing something similar but throws in positive comments.

I am excited about the change. Anything is better than last year.

What time is the game this weekend?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

McClain wrote an article about Texans football and only Texans football, and didn't mention Vince Young.

Well done, John.
Old 08-09-2006   #13
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On September 10, 2006, we shall see what all the coaching has done for Carr.

This will probably be his biggest game thus far as a pro.

I think his play that game will be a good predictor of his play for the first half of the season, good or bad.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #14
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan

I think his play that game will be a good predictor of his play for the first half of the season, good or bad.
I agree. It's time to see what he has, and it sounds like Kubiak is giving him all he needs to start playing.
Old 08-09-2006   #15
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
McClain wrote an article about Texans football and only Texans football, and didn't mention Vince Young.

Well done, John.
I'm shocked that McClain is able to write an article on anything without mentioning Young. I would imagine when he discusses the Astros he states what they need is a Vince Young in there to give their offense a bit of a lift.
Old 08-09-2006   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak seems to have a little Jimmy Johnson in him.

Overall though, he has to tell them like it is. He is new but the team is not and it is time that they start playing like vets and come to play. As a coach you have to set standards knowing that your job is more likely to be in jeaopardy than the players with their contracts.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I don't think it is game playing.

Basically, he said that Carr had a poor morning practice. Later that day, he liked the second practice more. He's not going out of his way to say these things--it is in response to questions after practice.

He is saying what the truth is.

It ain't a Parcells kinda thing--I can't imagine Kubiak referring to a player he didn't want to draft as "she."

You want a competition so fierce in camp that actual competition seems like a relief.
So Travis Johnson won't be a waterboy named "Chubby Checkers"?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #18
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

I'm just happy to get something more the "we need to execute better".

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan

The Broncos with a new QB in Jake Plummer started off 4-1 in 2003. Then Plummer was injured and missed the next four weeks and the Broncos went 1-3. Plummer returned for Weeks 11-16 and the Broncos went 5-1.

Jake's first game was a disaster stat-wise - 0 TD's, 3 Int's and only 115 yds passing and a rating of 21.7 - but the Broncos still won against a terrible Cincy team. After that game, his TD/Int ratio was 15/4.

edit: I amend my "terrible Cincy team" comment since that was Marv's first game as a head coach and they went 8-8 that year. I was thinking of the previous year when they were 2-14 under LeBeau.

Last edited by aj.; 08-09-2006 at 12:36 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
I kinda agree with this. Kubiak does remind me of a Parcells lite.
"Lite" being the key word here. The Tuna has a good 100 pounds on Coach Kubiak.

I agree with texan279's statement - "I don't think it is as much calling him out as it is just holding him accountable for his actions."

Kubiak is a no-B.S. item, and he's not going to sugarcoat his thoughts to avoid hurting someone's feelings. He's got a franchise to build, and it can't be done if emotions are involved. His HC career depends on a functioning QB who is consistent in practice, which leads to consistency in play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read