Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2006   #1
TexaninDenver
Rookie

Default Preseason - Week 3

Okay - so I'm stuck here in Hobby Horse land and my girlfriend is a huge Bronco fan. The betting and sparring between us has already begun and we're still 2 weeks away.

We're already starting the

I hope I'm not busy doing this :brickwall for 3 hours

What does everyone think our chances are against the Broncos? The playbook is here and that game is the only National game for the Texans. How will we fare?

I want to feel this not this

What are my odds?
TexaninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #2
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninDenver
Okay - so I'm stuck here in Hobby Horse land and my girlfriend is a huge Bronco fan. The betting and sparring between us has already begun and we're still 2 weeks away.

What does everyone think our chances are against the Broncos? The playbook is here and that game is the only National game for the Texans. How will we fare?

What are my odds?

We have more to play for in the preseason than a more established team like Denver. We'll stomp 'em.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #3
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Have a feeling Coach Kubs will want to show the old man a new trick or two. It's well known that Kuds called the Off. in Dev. but the HC did at times overrule his calls, This being said I think Kubs. takes the gloves off in Den. and might TRY to show up his old team. Not out of disrespect mind you. Just because its his old team and his old boss and now he's the HC.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #4
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Have a feeling Coach Kubs will want to show the old man a new trick or two. It's well known that Kuds called the Off. in Dev. but the HC did at times overrule his calls, This being said I think Kubs. takes the gloves off in Den. and might TRY to show up his old team. Not out of disrespect mind you. Just because its his old team and his old boss and now he's the HC.
Really? I was pretty sure Shanahan was the playcaller in Denver. He was the guy under Bill Walsh and is the one who would know the WCO over anybody.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone assumes that.. it was stated in more than one article..and by Shanahan himself.. that Kubes called 90% of the plays.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #6
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
Really? I was pretty sure Shanahan was the playcaller in Denver. He was the guy under Bill Walsh and is the one who would know the WCO over anybody.
No sir. Kubs been calling plays in Den. Been discussed in other threads. Kubs first year calling plays was the year Dev. and Elway won the SB.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
No sir. Kubs been calling plays in Den. Been discussed in other threads. Kubs first year calling plays was the year Dev. and Elway won the SB.

Which one?
Old 08-08-2006   #8
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2723 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker
Which one?
I don't remember...but I was visited the site on one of those days. One of the statniks on here had Denver newspaper articles and a miriad of other sources to back it up. Pretty conclusive proof was shared.
Old 08-09-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninDenver

What are my odds?
Going throught the same thing, except shes a Steelers fan. So we have a bet going (If both teams make the playoffs and play each other) too.
Old 08-09-2006   #10
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker
Which one?

Superbowl 32. Kubiak began calling the plays then, according to my old Denver Press books.
Old 08-09-2006   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd expect to see the most of the 1st teams in that game. Both coaches are going to want to win it, but I'd think Kubiak and the Texans will have a bigger desire. I think the Texans finally get a win in Donkey Land.
Old 08-09-2006   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 71945 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
I'd expect to see the most of the 1st teams in that game. Both coaches are going to want to win it, but I'd think Kubiak and the Texans will have a bigger desire. I think the Texans finally get a win in Donkey Land.
Kubiak knows the tendencies of the Denver O and D.

Shanny will know the tendencies of Kubiaks playcalling.

Wildcard will be our defense.

Should be an interesting matchup between teams attempting to do similiar things on offense. Is that stating the obvious?

John 13:34-35 ďA new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there! 50 yard ling seats, 15 rows from the field. . .It's on my wifes birthday. . .We will win!

Any of you other Denver people going to be there?!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read