Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2006   #1
bigtex77
Veteran

Default Demeco

Just curous if anyone could update me on Demeco's progress. I heard a report on Sports Radio 610 late last week that he had been working with the first team. I looked in the threads but didn't find much, I even checked the Brodie/Demeco thread but there wasn't much in there, maybe I just missed it. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2006   #2
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
“He’s a kid we can count on for a long time around here,” Kubiak said. “He’s going to give us everything he’s got. He’s a great kid. It’s just going to be a question of where he’s going to be, what spot he’s going to be at.

“But I do know that he will be one of the three, I do know that.”

“The question with (Ryans) is how Sam Cowart comes back,” Kubiak said. “We went out and got Sam this summer because of Kailee’s (Wong) situation because we need a Mike linebacker in a 4-3. Sam has played there for many years in this league. He missed a great deal of time in the offseason.

“We think DeMeco can play inside and outside. So how far Sam comes along, and how Sam comes off of his summer of getting his ankle well, will probably have a lot to do with where DeMeco is competing to play on this football team.”

Even the veteran Cowart knows Ryans is a special player.

“DeMeco’s going to be good,” Cowart said. “To me, you get different types of linebackers; some tall, some medium-sized, some short, some can run, some can’t run and some can hit.

“When you look at film of other teams, I look at other linebackers, I look at their eyes, instinct, and do they have good footwork. (Ryans) has all three.”
that was from last week's article. im not sure how his actual progress is going, but he will be on the field with the first team
Old 08-08-2006   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I understand right now he is listed as the starting MLB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #4
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

as others said Demeco is the starting Mike[Middle] Linebacker on the 1st team d and looks like it will be that way if he continues to play well. Here's an article from last week on D-Wreck.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2701
Old 08-08-2006   #5
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

what im surprised about is that this offseason went by alot faster than last seasons. usually it seems that way whenever u have really high hopes and the time cant come fast enough, but surprisingly the offseason came and went, and boy that is a good thing because i cant wait to see demeco in action, or the whole team for that matter.
Old 08-08-2006   #6
bigtex77
Veteran

Thanks for the updates.
Old 08-08-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The way we hear it, Houston’s LB corps is a major concern to the team. The lack of depth is especially troubling, and the loss of veteran Wali Rainer to a season-ending broken ankle didn’t help matters. Rainer had been likely to back up veteran MLB Sam Cowart. According to a source close to the team, the only sure thing among the Texans’ linebackers is that rookie DeMeco Ryans will be on the field as much as possible, and perhaps at middle linebacker in place of the 31-year-old Cowart. The coaching staff feels Ryans is among the team’s three best ’backers, and he will get a chance to learn on the field. Veteran Morlon Greenwood is the early favorite to start on the weak side, but his play will be watched closely. Shantee Orr has the edge at strong-side linebacker, though veteran Kailee Wong could push for playing time once he returns from a knee injury that will likely keep him out at the start of the season.
Link
Old 08-08-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Ryans will be a great LB and prove to be quite the steal with the 33rd pick in the draft. He's a little smaller, but his quickness, speed, and smarts will more than make up for it. He's being compared to Lofa Tatupu with the Seahawks who has proven to be a great LB with a smaller physique.
Old 08-08-2006   #9
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I think Ryans will be a great LB and prove to be quite the steal with the 33rd pick in the draft. He's a little smaller, but his quickness, speed, and smarts will more than make up for it. He's being compared to Lofa Tatupu with the Seahawks who has proven to be a great LB with a smaller physique.
I agree with you, I was shocked when he fell to us, and figured they would draft o-line, so I was happy when we got him. I know he isn't the "ideal" size for MLB, but I'm a firm believer that if you can play, you can play, and vice-versa.
Old 08-08-2006   #10
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
I agree with you, I was shocked when he fell to us, and figured they would draft o-line, so I was happy when we got him. I know he isn't the "ideal" size for MLB, but I'm a firm believer that if you can play, you can play, and vice-versa.
BigTex the MB has discused Demeco size to great length and he realy does have the right size to play all 3 LB positions.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read