Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who will make the difference if they have a good season?
Carr 14 20.00%
DD or our running game 3 4.29%
AJ/Moulds 1 1.43%
Mario and the D-Line 11 15.71%
Ryans or any Lb 0 0%
D-Rob and the secondary 1 1.43%
Kris Brown/Chad Stanley 0 0%
Kubiak and crew 40 57.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who will directly influence the Texans W/L record?

Who will be the most influence?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr, David.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the winning attitude and ability to challenge the players that is being seen by the coaching staff is going to be the biggest influence on the team.
Old 08-07-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think it's our running game. With DDs injury how we can run the ball without him is going to be a huge aspect in if we can wins games or not. Our running game has to step up in order for us to be successful this year.
Old 08-07-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering what we've been through and the fact that Kubiak will be Carr's biggest influence, I gotta go with the coaching staff by a landslide.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #6
socalfan
Rookie

The offensive line. You can't win if you can't run. You can't win if the qb doesn't have time to throw the ball. You also can't win if the qb holds onto the ball too long. You also can't win if the defense doesn't keep them from scoring. Guess that is why they call it a team sport.
socalfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

deffinately the staff. we're retaining most of our starters from last season, except now they'll have a legitimate chance to perform. babin & peek are back where they belong. carr now has a real playbook. our offensive line will be using a proven blocking scheme and have mike freakin sherman right there teaching them. our receivers are running real routes now, and will be in the right place to exploit coverages. we'll actually use one of those new fangled tight ends that other teams have been using. our d-line is going to be moved and substituted often, and they're going to be given free reign to pin their ears back & hurt somebody. we wont be stuck in one mode throughout a game like with capers. if something isnt working, we'll actually have the ability to adjust and flow with the game because our coach has so much experience leading successful offenses. and best of all everyone will be accountable. from david carr to chad stanley, each and every player will be expected to be perfect from here on out, and with real consequenses if they arent giving 100%.
Old 08-08-2006   #8
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Coaching staff. They are definitely having an impact on the attitude of the team. Let's see how it translates on the field.
Old 08-08-2006   #9
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

you can go right down the list, I think its obvious:

1) David Carr: how effectively kubiak pushes Carr to perform without breaking his spirit will decide his confidence and ultimately his performance

2) DD/Run game/Oline: its all about a system not one player, if the coaches sell the system and get people on the same page, we will do good, if sherman can slowly work the rookies spencer and winston into the mix and let them grow throughout the season, they will produce.

3) AJ/Moulds: a well coached David Carr, a team effort on the O-line and AJ and Moulds feeding off each other should produce a great improvement in the passing game.

4) Mario/D-line: rotating lineman and karmelowitz pulling the strings should produce one of the best D-lines in the league. i believe the success of the secondary is directly linked to the pass pressure we get from the d-line also

5) Ryans/LB corps: either ryans cowart or eventually wong will have to step up and lead the LB's and the defense or we will struggle again with the big runnig plays that have been the back-breaker in the past. early on sharper did a good job at this and we stopped the run much better then, still cant believe we let him go. I think ryans will step up and we will improve.

6) Special Teams: again I think coaching will be the key. with Mathis a question mark, who they can get ready to take over kick returns will be important.

overall I think we have the players we need to get the job done. How well the coaching staff does to get them working together and playing like winners will decide the outcome of this season. I think we will do well. I would like another LB and another DB that can come in and play at starter intensity though, as I feel these are our 2 glaring weaknesses. I wish them all the best of luck and look forward to another season, maybe even a winning season.
Old 08-08-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak & Co., without a doubt.
Old 08-08-2006   #11
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I see this as more of a team effort, than the emphasis being put on one player or coach. Like my philosophy on Peyton, he wouldn't be much without his team enabling him. Same goes for here too.

Roster is 53, plus coaches. However many this ends up totalling is my answer.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #12
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 30085 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Motivation and Attitude...starts at the top and works it's way through the entire organization.
Old 08-08-2006   #13
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

the biggest influence: the H2O quality - the waterboy

nah just kidding. my vote goes to kubiak and staff. carr's performance will be a direct representation of kubiaks coaching. how kubiak does will depend on how far carr has come.
Old 08-08-2006   #14
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Wheres the O-Line?? Because if you cant block the QB cant throw and thats what happened a lot last year.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #15
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I can't vote because i believe it is a combination of three key components:
Carr
Kubiak
D
Carr needs to be able to trust his o-line and himself in this new offensive scheme. Without that, don't score any points.

Kubiak needs to get this team going in the right direction. I think after 4 years of losing, it's hard to prove to a team that they can win. Kubiak will also have to help Carr step up and mold him into the QB they thought they brought in 5 years ago.

Everybody and their mother ran on our D last year. Where as our run D I think will be better than last year, it ain't going to help if everyone just throws all over us.
Old 08-08-2006   #16
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Shanahan, Kyle
Old 08-08-2006   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Kubiak & Co., without a doubt.
Because they make everyone else on this list better.
Old 08-08-2006   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Because they make everyone else on this list better.
Kudos
Old 08-08-2006   #19
real

I went with DB because I think thats our weakest position, IMO, and if we have a couple guys step up back there, we may be legitimate playoff contenders...
Old 08-08-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Every comment made about players or their positions just keeps bringing me back to Kubiak and co. The coaches are the ones that will get these guys to play like they want it and not call rediculously predictable plays as well.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read