Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Question In the mood:Stirpot thread

would yall be happy if DD got 1400 yards and 9 tds(4.4 average) and Carr completed 60%of his passes passed 3000 yards and had 20 TD's and 19 INTS?

would that make you happy for the season and this would be a successful season?
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

would yall be happy if DD got 1400 yards and 9 (4.4 average) and Carr completed 60%of his passes passed 3000 yards and had 20 TD's and 19 INTS?

In a heartbeat, for next season.
Old 08-07-2006   #3
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:

would yall be happy if DD got 1400 yards and 9 (4.4 average) and Carr completed 60%of his passes passed 3000 yards and had 20 TD's and 19 INTS?

What was our record during this season? Scoreboard baby. That's the only numbers I care about.
Old 08-07-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

well Carr had 3500 yards for 16 td's and 14 ints and a completion rate of 60.5% in 2004
Old 08-07-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
What was our record during this season? Scoreboard baby. That's the only numbers I care about.
ok so Carr plays defense also
Old 08-07-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well Carr had 3500 yards for 16 td's and 14 ints and a completion rate of 60.5% in 2004
But you said 20 TD's.
Old 08-07-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

would yall be happy if DD got 1400 yards and 9 tds(4.4 average)
Yes

Quote:
and Carr completed 60%of his passes passed 3000 yards and had 20 TD's and 19 INTS?
No

Quote:
I don't know--how did the other 51 players play?
Old 08-07-2006   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

would yall be happy if DD got 1400 yards and 9 tds(4.4 average) and Carr completed 60%of his passes passed 3000 yards and had 20 TD's and 19 INTS?

It depends on how the team does. I don't mind seeing low personal statistics if the team wins games. I don't want high stats and a bunch of losses either. If the Texans win 16 games I'll be happy. Ok, I'll be happy if they win 8, but the same goes for doubling that.

I don't know if I'd be happy with Carr throwing 19 INTs, though. He's kept his INTs low so far. I'd be more impressed with 20 TDs and 11 INTs. I think he should be able to get 3500 yards again too. Remember he had a 3500yd, 16/14 year 2 seasons ago. He should be able to improve upon those numbers not the ones he threw out last season. He's been over 60% completion percent the last 2 years; he should be looking to get that into the 64% range.
Old 08-07-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

KT: very true, I am hoping moulds (over bradford) gets us 4 more tds

however I am not thrilled about 8 more int's
Old 08-07-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
very true, I am hoping moulds (over bradford) gets us 4 more tds

however I am not thrilled about 8 more int's
60% completion with 19 int's would suggest that it would not all be on the QB, except if your last name is Favre. Moreover, 3k out of DC is an accomplishment per his measureables as a Texan to date.
Old 08-07-2006   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
60% completion with 19 int's would suggest that it would not all be on the QB, except if your last name is Favre. Moreover, 3k out of DC is an accomplishment per his measureables as a Texan to date.
even as his stats in 2004?

2004 ...3531..61.2% 16 tds and 14 ints...granted I don't like the 7+ yards a completion
Old 08-07-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:

2004 ...3531..61.2% 16 tds and 14 ints...granted I don't like the 7+ yards a completion
I will take it, anything that approaches his career highs will benefit our overall success.
Old 08-07-2006   #13
CajunTexan
Veteran

Quote:

I believe Carr's INT total will go up this year simply because we will take more shots downfield.

If he has 19 INT's, I would need to see 25-35 TD's.
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

This Carr thread has been alive for 25 minutes and SWTBound hasn't responded to it? AMAZING. Let's chalk this up as a MB record, how bout it?

Stats from Carr that will make me smile:

>20 TD
<15 INT
3500+ Yards

Anything greater than that just reiterates my position when it comes to Carr. And by now I know that every single one of you knows my feelings when it comes to our QB.

Carr haters wanna go at it tonight? I'm game!
Old 08-07-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

boxing one cracks me up
Old 08-07-2006   #16
JAXwithanX
Veteran

anyone who would be truly happy with only one more touchdown than interception and worse, 19 in total, is crazy. especially if he was a big enough part of the O to throw for over 3000 yards.

DD better be rushing for 15 touchdowns as well. with 2 fumbles (not likely).
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #17
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:

Don't care what Davis gets.

Beat the Colts.
For crying out loud to the gods of football, don't get beat by both Mannings.
Don't lose to Capers.
Beat a Cowboy team with a winning record.

be down 24-3 at the half against the Patriots and Brady. And then watch a ride to victory on the arm of a QB. Would even be okay if Carr was able to drive the ball within field goal range. Then Brown puts it away as the clock expires.

Throw 50 INTs... I could care less. Carr already has more INTs then TDs and it doesn't mean much. If you throw one, then throw it again and keep throwing it until you win.

5-11 and that season would have already passed every high watermark that we have set so far. That would be 4 to 5 teams dropped by the Texans that had a winning record.
Old 08-07-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I could care less if carr throws for 50 tds....All I want is 8-8. If he can do that, I'll lay off him....if he can't, then he needs to leave.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
Don't care what Davis gets.

Beat the Colts.
For crying out loud to the gods of football, don't get beat by both Mannings.
Don't lose to Capers.
Beat a Cowboy team with a winning record.

be down 24-3 at the half against the Patriots and Brady. And then watch a ride to victory on the arm of a QB. Would even be okay if Carr was able to drive the ball within field goal range. Then Brown puts it away as the clock expires.

Throw 50 INTs... I could care less. Carr already has more INTs then TDs and it doesn't mean much. If you throw one, then throw it again and keep throwing it until you win.

5-11 and that season would have already passed every high watermark that we have set so far. That would be 4 to 5 teams dropped by the Texans that had a winning record.
This post has a cynical yet seemingly positive meaning behind it. There is a good point that lies within that..... who cares what Carr does anyways? He isn't the only guy on that field. We need to win games, with or without a performing QB. You guys know that I believe he will soar next year.... but that doesn't mean I think we will lose without him.

Good post TwinSisters, for some odd reason it seemed to make me a little more objective about my outlook on this season.

Old 08-07-2006   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

makes sense.... Carr is responsible for 22+ other men to get their jobs done...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read