Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2006   #1
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Default Not to rekindle a dying fire, BUT....

Anyone think this team could REALLY use Reggie Bush right about now? I like Mario and think he'll be a fine player and all, but man how could our organization not know the severity of DD's injury?

How can they possibly expect DD to play a significant role this year when he can't even get through a SINGLE practice without pain????

And now we're stuck with Antowain Smith, Vernand Morency, and Wali Lundy? Are you kidding me?

So lets get David Carr a new WR, a decent TE, few new lineman, but take away his main weapon... his RB.

Oh well, at least we should be drafting in the top 3 again and be able to draft Adrian Peterson in next years draft. That is unless another DT has a stellar workout....
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's Busted Carr
Anyone think this team could REALLY use Reggie Bush right about now? I like Mario and think he'll be a fine player and all, but man how could our organization not know the severity of DD's injury?

How can they possibly expect DD to play a significant role this year when he can't even get through a SINGLE practice without pain????

And now we're stuck with Antowain Smith, Vernand Morency, and Wali Lundy? Are you kidding me?

So lets get David Carr a new WR, a decent TE, few new lineman, but take away his main weapon... his RB.

Oh well, at least we should be drafting in the top 3 again and be able to draft Adrian Peterson in next years draft. That is unless another DT has a stellar workout....

No. I dont think ANY team is better off with that 50 million dollar mistake. WE can't use him, didn't want him, and we are better off not having him. Let it GO

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have officially labeled this thread as... dead.
Old 08-07-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A chilling vision of things to come. But there is always that whole idea of that is why they play the game. At this moment in time they have zero measureables in their NFL careers, it truly is a tabula rasa.

All we have here is one more sour thread on what was, rather than on what will be.
Old 08-07-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

DD is my guy and i hope he can play alot this yr, but if he cant i trust we will be fine as far as our run game is concerned i believe in our as TEXANS CHICK said 'INSERT GENERIC RUNNING BACK HERE' offense. Any one of those guys can emerge and step up its gonna be a great yr for texans football. Sit back and enjoy the ride!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #6
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quoted deleted insults

You are right in that reggie could of potential helped this team, but Mario will also potential help our team. Either one of them would of helped our team out.
TFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted Reggie Bush over Mario. If I got to choose, I would still pick Reggie. I don't think that our running situation is as dire as you make it out to be though. Yeah, it seems that way, but in the system Kubiak is installing you don't need a great talent at running back to succeed. I think Morency, Smith, and whoever the 3rd back may be will get the job back. Don't forget, our defense was terrible last year too. The Texans will still be successful in running the ball I think. Besides, it's only the 2nd week of training camp. If Domanick Davis doesn't play in any preseason games, I'll be concerned, but I'm confident that even if he is out our running game will still be good.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, we've had this discussion plenty...before the draft. It's still comes down to the same answer: NO, Kubiak's altered system will allow for many running backs to be successful, regardless of Heisman trophies. Besides, Reggie Bush is better suited at WR with his legs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll probably receive hate mail for this, but....

I've enjoyed watching DD over the past 3 years and I hope he gets back on the field. He wasn't Edgerrin James or Marshall Faulk coming out of college. He's had 3 decent years behind a less than stellar line. They weren't horrible at run blocking, but they weren't the Broncos line either. How many NFL backs run for 1000 yards in a season? In those 3 seasons 18, 18, and 16 backs ran for 1000 yards. It's no longer special to run for 1000 yards. Denver has proven time and time again that you can have a top flight running attack and a top flight offense without spending high draft picks on a running back. It's true that Denver rarely has anything higher than the mid 20s unless they make a trade, but even when doing that they don't grab a running back.

Domanick Davis isn't a great running back and I think with the improved line Lundy/Smith/Taylor or Rhodes will be able to step in and be successful.
Old 08-07-2006   #10
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Aaaah let it go. Who knows, Morency or Smith could end up stepping up big. Afterall, how many of us thought that DD would have performed like he has since he has been here?
Old 08-07-2006   #11
AFD1717
Veteran

At 2-14, just about anybody could have helped this team. The trick is who helps this team the most and the powers that be decided that it was Mario Williams. If you disagree, that's fine but we have all heard this debate before. Only Father Time knows who is right and who is wrong and he's not letting any of us know for about five or ten more years. Let's drop it.
Old 08-07-2006   #12
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
A chilling vision of things to come. But there is always that whole idea of that is why they play the game. At this moment in time they have zero measureables in their NFL careers, it truly is a tabula rasa.

All we have here is one more sour thread on what was, rather than on what will be.
KT, could you please explain what tabula rasa means. Latin? You know, inquiring minds want to know.
Old 08-07-2006   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

We've got Chris Taylor, we don't need Reggie Bush
Old 08-07-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna guess it means immeasurable or uncountable, as in rasa means none--tabulate nothing (or something like that). I could do a search or something, but I'm too lazy.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
We've got Chris Taylor, we don't need Reggie Bush
I think that was the important part of that statement.
Old 08-08-2006   #16
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I'm gonna guess it means immeasurable or uncountable, as in rasa means none--tabulate nothing (or something like that). I could do a search or something, but I'm too lazy.
Thanks HJam72, In my spare time I metal detect in the mountains in Mexico, I find all kinds of relic's, Spanish colonial, French, American, British, buttons, coins, insignias, etc., most of the coins have a Latin legend so is always fun to do the research.
Old 08-08-2006   #17
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take the 60 play a game DE with off the board measurables any day to a 15-20 carry RB that wasn't even the best pro RB on his team.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

2 main reasons that I've decided that Mario was the right choice:

1) Typical running back: 4 good yrs. Typical DE: 12 good yrs.

2) Zone Blocking Scheme

Originally, I wanted a trade down. When I saw that it wasn't going to happen, I settled for Bush. Actually, I wanted Young for like one day and they suddenly gave Carr the big extension. I'm glad I didn't get my wish. Right now, I'm glad I didn't even get my first wish. Let's hope it stays that way.

Old 08-08-2006   #19
southtexan
Veteran

Tabula rasa (Latin: scraped tablet or clean slate) refers to the epistemological thesis that individual human beings are born with no innate or built-in mental content, in a word, "blank", and that their entire resource of knowledge is built up gradually from their experiences and sensory perceptions of the outside world.
Old 08-08-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Why am I thinking about abortions right now?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read