Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Why do you like Kubiak?

this is why I like Kubiak

Quote:
Quote of the Week II

"I'll be honest with you, Vernand. I don't like the way you run. From now on you've got one cut -- and then I want to see you turn it upfield every time.''
-- Kubiak to Morency, a shifty, cutback kind of running back. In Denver, Shanahan and Kubiak preached to their backs to get upfield and stop dancing around. Kubiak's going to be an interesting guy to watch.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...06/mmqb/3.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #2
ocd
Rookie

I'll tell you why I like Kubes.

He's similar in his tact to Lombardi. The only thing he hasn't said is "planes coming into Houston and planes leaving Houston every day".

I'm confident he will someday soon though.

Last edited by ocd; 08-07-2006 at 09:53 PM.
ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the fact that he is very honest with his opinion and feedback, but at the same time, he is very respectful in the manner e delivers it in. I think anything can be said to someone, it's all about how you say it. . . He does a great job with that.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will go ahead and spill the beans now.... I like him because he looks like an offensive-minded Bill Belichick.

I idolize Belichick. I think the way he runs the Patriots is one of the biggest reasons why they had success in becoming a modern dynasty. He focuses on building a team and creating a system. He doesn't look to grab only the best talent on the market.... he looks for those who can fit into his system. That type of mentality is what makes him successful, and in turn is what built that team.

If someone said in 1999 that a 6th rounder, backup QB named Brady would lead the Patriots to 3 SBs in the next 5 years, they would probably call him crazy. IMHO the system that Belichick and Weis had set up is what made the offense work.... but the skills that Brady had are what made him successful. They needed someone who could spread the ball around, and they needed a receiver core that could respond to a QB who looks at all options. I don't think even Charlie himself could have imagined that his offense would work so perfectly with Brady.

This is why I like Kubiak. He builds a team. He criticizes players. He pushes... and if the player doesn't push back, he cuts him. He motivates.... but if the player doesn't want to play, you won't see him on the field. That is what Kubiak does for the Texans and I can't wait to see the results.

GO TEXANS.
Old 08-07-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Great hair...for an Aggie.
Old 08-07-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Great hair...for an Aggie.
Is that an insult to your wives hair??

Besides, I happen to have excellent hair.
Old 08-07-2006   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Because he isn't a BS guy and he seems to know what he is doing.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Because he is real and he does not care about stepping on toes.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/gary_kubiak/2.html

some nice quotes
Quote:
I'm going to make (Carr) successful, I'm confident of that. He's a great kid. We have to go to work and get it done... I'm a fan of his. There is no reason he can't succeed. That's my job, my challenge.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #10
TexansTailg8r
Veteran

He's not Capers!!!
Old 08-07-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

he wears a friggin sweatshirt during the summer.
Old 08-07-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Is that an insult to your wives hair??

Besides, I happen to have excellent hair.
Your narcissistic excellence should be commended, admired and never shared again.
Old 08-07-2006   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

My reasons for liking Kubiak:

Link-FanBlog Texans: "Gary Kubiak is a stud"

Wrote that in May. It was interesting to reread it given what's been happening with camp.

I like meritocracies.
Old 08-07-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Because you can jumble his name and spell Kabuki.

Kabuki is a form of traditional Japanese theater. Kabuki theater is known for the stylization of its drama and for the elaborate make-up worn by its performers.

The individual kanji characters, from left to right, mean sing, dance, and skill. Kabuki is therefore sometimes translated as "the art of singing and dancing." These are, however, ateji, characters that do not reflect actual etymology, and the word kabuki is in fact believed to derive from the verb kabuku, meaning "to lean", or "to be out of the ordinary", hence kabuki can be interpreted to mean "avant-garde" or "bizarre" theatre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabuki
Old 08-07-2006   #15
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Because his play book is not run, run, run, punt.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because you can jumble his name and spell Kabuki.

Kabuki is a form of traditional Japanese theater. Kabuki theater is known for the stylization of its drama and for the elaborate make-up worn by its performers.

The individual kanji characters, from left to right, mean sing, dance, and skill. Kabuki is therefore sometimes translated as "the art of singing and dancing." These are, however, ateji, characters that do not reflect actual etymology, and the word kabuki is in fact believed to derive from the verb kabuku, meaning "to lean", or "to be out of the ordinary", hence kabuki can be interpreted to mean "avant-garde" or "bizarre" theatre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabuki
That is disturbing.

What did you eat for dinner tonight?
Old 08-07-2006   #17
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
That is disturbing.

I was thinking the same thing. I was just going to let it go.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
That is disturbing.

Tortilla chips, guacamole, walnuts, pistachios, almonds and pecans. Breakfast like a King, dinner like a pauper.
Old 08-07-2006   #19
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

1.) He has some "nads!" He (not Casserly) picked Mario over Bush, knowing the outfall he would get from the fans and the press!

2.) He is building a "team" with a proven system and no one is a "superstar."
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Tortilla chips, guacamole, walnuts, pistachios, almonds and pecans. Breakfast like a King, dinner like a pauper.

Alrighty then. I asked the wrong question. What didja drink????

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read