Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-07-2006   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default NBC Was Dry!

I don't know about anyone else, but it didn't feel like it was football. I realize it was on NBC years ago, but it doesn't have the same passion as CBS or and ESPN broadcast.
Old 08-07-2006   #2
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
I don't know about anyone else, but it didn't feel like it was football. I realize it was on NBC years ago, but it doesn't have the same passion as CBS or and ESPN broadcast.

It was a preseason game at like a Divison III football stadium. McNabb played one series and Aaron Brooks is a joke. It was hard to get into it.

I liked the scoreboard graphic at the bottom of the screen. It was cool.
Old 08-07-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the song sucked.
Old 08-07-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
It was a preseason game at like a Divison III football stadium.
Since some of us have not been to one can you spell out those similarities? Or is this just one of your small college rants again?
Old 08-07-2006   #5
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Since some of us have not been to one can you spell out those similarities? Or is this just one of your small college rants again?
I heard them say that there were three sets of hash marks, one for NFL, one for college, and one for high school, and also that it is small and only seats like a high school stadium does.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

You thought the football coverage was bad just watch the NASCAR coverage before that. NBC can't cover sports :brickwall
Old 08-07-2006   #7
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
You thought the football coverage was bad just watch the NASCAR coverage before that. NBC can't cover sports :brickwall
I personally thought their Stanley Cup coverage was exceptional. However...1 in 1000 people on this site give a damn about hockey sooooo...
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

For a preseason game, I thought the production, and the comraderie was pretty good. I usually watch the HOF game all the way through, just because they usually bring the HoFers in and talk with them throughout the game....

Personally, I can't stand watching football on CBS... IMHO, it's CBS who can't cover football.

one thing I didn't like however, was that the playclock wasn't on their "game status line" or whatever you call it....... there was one play, that it didn't pop up, until it was already at 0.... I guess Garcia got it off in time, as they didn't throw any flags, but I'd have liked to have seen it.

I thought the camera followed the ball pretty well, and I saw more cheerleaders last night than I normally do.... and the Eagles have got some PHAT cheerleaders.... not aneroxic, but not heavy...... I like that.

anyway, I think they did better than CBS does....
Old 08-07-2006   #9
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
I personally thought their Stanley Cup coverage was exceptional. However...1 in 1000 people on this site give a damn about hockey sooooo...
What's hockey?

It's that something Hochuli does?

If it is, you can count that as 2 in 1000.
Old 08-07-2006   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
I liked the scoreboard graphic at the bottom of the screen. It was cool.
I thought the precise opposite. I thought it was too small and out of focus....and yes, my eyesight is fine.
All in all very clumsy.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #11
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Personally, I can't stand watching football on CBS... IMHO, it's CBS who can't cover football.
Thank you. I absolutely hate the CBS broadcasts. I would turn down the volume and listen to the radio if they were on the same delay time. And that's saying something, because I'm not a huge fan of Vandermeer either.

CBS is just puts out boring broadcasts, and always has going back to before they lost the NFC games in 1994. But, we're stuck with CBS, so I'll live with it.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Houston doesn't have a hockey team yet, so you can see the correlation here.

I have DirecTV, so I can't listen to the radio at the same time as the game, so I have to put up with CBS' announcers, which aren't too bad IMO. I did, however, watch FOX's pre-game show.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Shoulda said Houston doesn't have an NHL team. We've got the aeros.
Old 08-07-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
Shoulda said Houston doesn't have an NHL team. We've got the aeros.
Thought about them soon after I posted that.

Last team I heard of that moved to Houston, however, is the Penguins. I doubt that'll happen though.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan

I have DirecTV, so I can't listen to the radio at the same time as the game, so I have to put up with CBS' announcers, which aren't too bad IMO. I did, however, watch FOX's pre-game show.

I'm with you there, Fox has the best pre-game show, and half-time show.... followed pretty close by ESPN, with Boomer & Sterling......
Old 08-07-2006   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me, or does the Fox picture on TV look better. CBS always looked a little worse. After watching the NBC game, I think NBC looks better than CBS also. Even with HD, CBS looked more bland. If I had to rate them by coverage and picture it would look like this:

1. Fox
2. ESPN
3. NBC
4. CBS

Too bad the Texans are on CBS most of the time...
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN is the best for any sport in my opinion. Especially in HD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read