Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2004   #61
shogun

chargers won, but you texan fans are talking down to us like you beat us. "we beat ourselves"..sorry excuse for losing. just look at the scoreboard.
Old 09-13-2004   #62
SA Charger Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
how did we just lose to the worst team in football? chad stanley sees the field only once, we hold LT to a below average game, and our offense finds 350 yards. yet we still lose. i'm aggrivated as any fan would/should be. we've been waiting for 8 months and we're greeted with 4 turnovers, 1 sack, no deep threats, and the only excitement seen on defense came from a rookie.

moses of course was great and put us in great position a few times and jabar gaffney came up big especially on 3rd down situations. robinson got screwed on a couple penalties, but that's to be expected sometimes. ugh, what a way to start the season .

the reason why you lost is because of attitudes like yours..."THE WORST TEAM" im sorry my friend but you guys arent that great. davida carr needs to cut his hair and worry about winning ONE game instead of worring about some stupid "not cutting my hair untill we win 2" . you guys are going to lose next week as well cause Detroit is better than you. [/rant]
SA Charger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #63
dangrock
Rookie

well. i guess that makes the Texans the "Worst Team in Football."
dangrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #64
dangrock
Rookie

Quote:
boltz, for being considered one of the best football players in the nfl, being held to 4.6 ypc is average. especially considering davis had 157 yards of total offense compared to LT's 117.

LT had some 50 yard games last year too. but he still broke the rushing/recieving record. He has one of the worst lines in the NFL if not THE WORST and he still breaks records. you cant try to tell me LT isnt the best back in the NFL. even the press agrees now.
dangrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #65
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Congrats to the bolts. The Texans got the short end of the stick. We'll bounce back next week....unfortunately for Lions.
Old 09-13-2004   #66
Shamrock
Rookie

Quote:
how did we just lose to the worst team in football?
As a Chargers fan, I'm biased, but here's my take on the above statement.

The Chargers protected the ball, and the Texans didn't. The Chargers made good defensive adjustments to increase pressure on Carr in the late third quarter, and the Texans didn't make similar adjustments. That is what it came down to .....

I was at the game, and I truly love y'alls stadium. It is a football palace.

Now, for the rest of the year, I will root for my second favorite team (Texans). I hope your season is successful.

Go Chargers !!!
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #67
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangrock
LT had some 50 yard games last year too. but he still broke the rushing/recieving record. He has one of the worst lines in the NFL if not THE WORST and he still breaks records. you cant try to tell me LT isnt the best back in the NFL. even the press agrees now.
That Charger O-line was better than advertised. Credit legendary O-line coach Hudson Houck for getting these guys ready to play. I wish the Texans had challenged the rookies on the line with the blitz, but there's no use crying now. I'm ready to move on to the Lions.

As far as the Chargers & the rest of the season is concerned, you have to like their chances. They've found another weapon in Gates to go along with Tomlinson. They play opportunistic football. And they have a very good coaching staff. I really like how the Charger's OC Cam Cameron set up the game plan. He found the Texans' weak spots in coverage and exploited them. His use of motion gave Brees some good clues in determining what coverage the Texans were in. The Chargers had the whole preseason to get ready for the Texans, and it showed.
Old 09-13-2004   #68
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangrock
well. i guess that makes the Texans the "Worst Team in Football."
Yeah i guess your right ,,,,just like the patriots last year after they lost to buffalo 31-0 ,,,,,hmmm but i think the pats were better than the sorry bills in the end dont you ??? One game and we're sorry well we'll see after 15 more ok. so come back at that time.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #69
CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU
Rookie

Exclamation Texans don't want the football

[quote=Scooter]how did we just lose to the worst team in football?

YOU DIDNT....WE JUST BEAT THE WORST TEAM IN FOOTBALL.....

take care now ya'here :hehe:
CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #70
boltalicious
waterboy

Leave the Texan Fans alone. It's not their fault they bought into the stupid "Chargers are the worst team in football, we'll hand them their arse" attitude. The stupid media has been pumping this out since the end of last year....

The talent has always been there....it was just young talent, and in need of an aggressive DC to take advantage of their athleticism and speed. We still have alot to work on....but we're miles ahead of where we ended last year.

Good game Texans...Dunta will improve, Babin looked very impressive out there. I think he was spying LT for the majority of the game....he did very good.
boltalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #71
CHARGERSHA!
Rookie

Default But Rub It In Is What We Mus Do!!

Because You Guys Where Rubing It In All Last Week In Our Board Before The Game Even Started So Know We Come To Your Board And Know The The Charger Team Of No Namers Has Changed A Little Beacuse You Guys Will Know Gates And Parker And Mr Brees
CHARGERSHA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #72
gwallaia

Rep Power: 62881 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I was not posting on the Charger board but would like to see the comments. Link?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #73
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

As with all teams (including ours) there are those fans who talk out their nether region and spout out stuff without knowledge to back it up.

Then there are the class acts.

Kudos to the Chargers for playing less of an error free game than the TEXANS did. Our team and fans will learn from this and move onto the next one.

From this game, I got what I wanted (except for the win) a close opener without any injuries.... plus a pretty good showing overall (except for the lost turnovers).
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #74
THEPIZZ1
Rookie

I just want the Texans fans that came over to the Chargers board talking smack to eat their crow.
THEPIZZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #75
CHARGERSHA!
Rookie

Default Texans True Fan Please Read

Hey Man I Have Been Reading Your Post And Even Though Your So Country That You Even Type Yall I Love It You Have To Give Us Credit And The " You Guys Still Suck " Comments Are Not Going To Hold Water We Have Players And This Is The Nfl Any Team Can Beat Any Team Any Given Sunday Give Us Our Props
CHARGERSHA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #76
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPIZZ1
I just want the Texans fans that came over to the Chargers board talking smack to eat their crow.
We have more than one message board in town. How do you know it was guys from here?
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #77
boltalicious
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
As

From this game, I got what I wanted (except for the win) a close opener without any injuries.... plus a pretty good showing overall (except for the lost turnovers).
Here here to the no injuries....Both our teams were very injury-stricken last year....We lost 4 out our 5 starters on the O-line last year by the 5th game to one injury or another...plus some backup O-linemen....

It's certainly nice to have a little continuity.
Beat the rest of the AFC West clowns when you guys meet up with them for us...
boltalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #78
CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU
Rookie

Default u forgot about gates

u forgot about gates....and the funny thing is...every charger fan, myself included, said on these boards not to forget about gates....we told ya.

good game
Old 09-13-2004   #79
CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU
Rookie

i dont need the texans to come over to the chargers board...you actually played well turnovers aside.

good luck this year and dont forget the power bill comes every month
Old 09-13-2004   #80
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU
u forgot about gates....and the funny thing is...every charger fan, myself included, said on these boards not to forget about gates....we told ya.

good game
Well as much as many of us would want to be in on the gameplanning for a game, we are not among the coaching staff. We're simply fans like you supporting team, and giving our thoughts and opinions on the games/players/trades/etc. I don't think the coaches did a disservice by gameplanning for Tomlinson, but they didn't seem to adjust properly in the second half to Gates. As you would do with any reciever that was eating up your defense. Congrats to the Chargers, and good luck against the Jets. They look very tough this season, and Pennington seems to have picked up where he left off before the broken wrist.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read