Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2004   #21
Panther5407
All Pro

When did gates become better than TG, Jeremy Shockey and others like B. Franks?
Old 09-12-2004   #22
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default go bolts

gates is better than shockey has better hands he just needs to work on his blocking technique a lil bit kuz holding penalties are costly
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

he had more passes thrown to him than any receiver and got 40 yards in penalties negating most of his offence. combine that with zero blocking, and i dont see how you can argue greatness.
Old 09-12-2004   #24
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
i can see the bolts in the playoffs because we are one win closer than you are.
Yep, only 9 more to go, good luck with that
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #25
BressLightning
waterboy

You guys can't give credit where credit is due. You prefer to give every excuse in the book for your loss rather than the fact that you just got beat by the better team. Our QB outplayed yours and had a 125 QB rating. Same for our RB. Heck even our receivers played better and that's with all the hype given to yours. If you don't want to give us any credit then I will just go along with you guys. Your team just flat out SUCKS then, it had nothing to do with our play. NO EXCUSES.
BressLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
When did gates become better than TG, Jeremy Shockey and others like B. Franks?
I think it was sometime in the 4th quarter. When did Drew Brees become a good QB? When the Chargers started calling plays for Antonio Gates. Un-freakin'-believable.
Old 09-12-2004   #27
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz

i'd hate to say it but... .actually i wouldnt hate to say it... .I TOLD YOU SO!!!
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2004   #28
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lose to the worst team in the NFL? When did dallas beat us?
axman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #29
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I TOLD YOU SO!!!
Yes. Yes, you did.

So how much longer will you grace us with your presence? Aren't the Jet fans in need of your tutelage?

In response to your earlier suggestion that the crowd wasn't loud, I can give you a 1st hand account that the crowd did their job. The blame goes to the Texan players & coaching staff. The Chargers did a better job of preparation and execution. Kudos to Marty, Drew, Antonio, and our old friend Steve Foley. They wanted this game more than the Texans did.
Old 09-12-2004   #30
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

lol ax, nice!

bress, you didnt beat us so dont start patting yourself on the back just yet. we turned the ball over 4 times and you stopped us once, not exactly the starting point i'd look for. we lost this game by ourselves, we didnt get beat. we lost to an inferior team due to turnovers and poor execution, which is something that the texans have to deal with. congrats on getting 50+ yards on weak calls against a rookie cb, a td called without proper camera angles, and an average day from LT, i'm sure that will carry yall to the playoffs ... yeah.
Old 09-12-2004   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BressLightning
Your team just flat out SUCKS then, it had nothing to do with our play. NO EXCUSES.
I would have to agree with that right about now. This team has NO pass rush at all, AGAIN, and one of our starting CBs is a first year rookie. On top of that, Carr is not what I thought he'd be by now (not yet, anyway), although he did alright, and DD can't hold on to the football.

My take on this is that the Chargers were a little better than I thought, but the Texans were VERY dissappointing.

I hope that DD fumbling the ball is just one bad game, because that just KILLS our chances. As far as the defense not getting to the QB, I don't know if it's under-agressive play calling or lack of ability. I just know it has to change. Either it changes, or we "surprise" the league by NOT improving on our record this year. We'll be the surprise loser.

As far as Carr's interceptions go, they weren't that unacceptable. I think he should've known the touchdown attempt, as I will call it, would be intercepted and not thrown it. I also think he saw the DL in his way and tried to throw the freakin' ball right through his arms on that tipped pass that went straight up in the air. He's just not all that great yet. He played well, overall--just not great. When you pass, you take a chance on being picked, but an RB with the ball in his arms is supposed to be BALL CONTROL.

Bye the way, I don't think I've ever seen LT before. I knew he was good, because the hype is everywhere, but he was really great. I kept thinking that Barry Sanders couldn't be counted on to get at least 4 yds. as much as this guy can, and frankly San D. scored twice the points I thought they would, even though LT had fewer yds. than I thought he would (I thought he'd break long ones, but that's not necessary when you get positive yardage every time you carry it). I still think we're better on paper.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #32
SHOCKU
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
I give you props for sticking it out this long and standing by your team but your losing alot of that respect by doing this. Gates is a product of the LT playaction. If that makes him the best TE than he is just that. We played terrible, you played DECENT at best. If it was played again things could be totally different. Take this win and continue to the next message board,
If Gates is the product of the LT playaction what is Tony Gonzalaz to Priest Holmes??? Does that make T.G. an average player?? and scooter:Please learn what average RB's carry in a game before sounding foolish.LT had a low rush for "his standards" but busted over a hundred yards by himself against the texans and for you to call us the worst team in football doesn't say much for the texans since they lost to us!! and even that kinda offends me because I like the texans.It doesn't pay to down another team" justmakes that person sound ignorant".

Good game guy's
SHOCKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #33
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
The Texans lost this game because of turnovers, plan and simple. At the end of the year we'll see who has the best record, and it will be the Texans.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #34
SHOCKU
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
The Texans lost this game because of turnovers, plan and simple. At the end of the year we'll see who has the best record, and it will be the Texans.
Remember, who caused those turnovers??? chargers defense made some great plays to make it happen.
SHOCKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #35
Scooter
Funky

boltz, for being considered one of the best football players in the nfl, being held to 4.6 ypc is average. especially considering davis had 157 yards of total offense compared to LT's 117.
Old 09-12-2004   #36
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Worried

I hope the Chargers are really that much better than we thought, because I'm afraid I just saw the 2 worst defenses in the NFL, along with an offense that is self destructive.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #37
BressLightning
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOCKU
Remember, who caused those turnovers??? chargers defense made some great plays to make it happen.

EXACTLY, these guys are acting like they just walked over and handed us the ball four times. It was our defensive pressure that caused most of those turnovers. Both Wade and Marty empahasize creating turnovers to their defenses. More so than most coaches. If you look at Marty's defenses during his tenure in KC and look at their +/- turnover ratio you will see what I am talking about.
BressLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #38
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Come next year at the draft, I bet you pick at least 2 spots higher than the Texans.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #39
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I will keep saying it over and over the defense caused us to loose this game. Sounds funny, but our offense simply has to keep scoring to make up for the defense's inability to stop anyone. It puts too much pressure on them and then the mistakes happen. I believe DD's last fumble is simply from trying to hard to make those extra yards when we had to have a TD. That's the way its going to be all season unless they find a way to pressure the other QB. The reason the second halfs are so bad is we are always trying to catch up and the defense is getting real tired and the other team begins to have their way in the trenches. Last years's injuries are still a big factor affecting the Texans. It looks like its going to take at least another year to recover from last year's devasting injuries.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #40
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Quote:
Ya know Barry Sanders was a GREAT running back ,,,,but he never made it to the playoffs in his 12 year career. That will be like L.T he is good but the team as a whole sucks.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read