Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2004   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default To the Worst Team in Football

how did we just lose to the worst team in football? chad stanley sees the field only once, we hold LT to a below average game, and our offense finds 350 yards. yet we still lose. i'm aggrivated as any fan would/should be. we've been waiting for 8 months and we're greeted with 4 turnovers, 1 sack, no deep threats, and the only excitement seen on defense came from a rookie.

moses of course was great and put us in great position a few times and jabar gaffney came up big especially on 3rd down situations. robinson got screwed on a couple penalties, but that's to be expected sometimes. ugh, what a way to start the season .
Old 09-12-2004   #2
FatBoyTim
Rookie

all on Carr in my opinion. and the jags pulled one out too.
FatBoyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Because this is the NFL and there are no weak teams.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Wouldnt have said this a couple of hours before, but the Chargers are going to suprise a couple of people this year. And to answer your question, they'd lose to a college team with 4 turnovers. Carr's decision making has GOT to improve soon.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Because this is the NFL and there are no weak teams.
i dont believe in "any given sunday". the best team, and the most prepared teams win games. we obviously werent that this week. hopefully next week things will be fixed, but there are some glaring holes that need work.
Old 09-12-2004   #6
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default Go Bolts

BECAUSE YOU GUYS DONT WANT TO REALIZE THE FACTS THAT I SAID ALLL WEEK.

1. ANTONIO GATES IS THE BEST TE IN FOOTBALL.

2. LT IS THE BEST RB IN FOOTBALL AND WILL GASH YOU CERTAINLY.

3. OUR DEFENSE HAS BEEN CREATING TURNOVERS ALL PRE SEASON AND REALLY YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD 5 TURNOVERS AND 3 LESS POINTS.

4. BREES HAS LOOKED GREAT ALL PRE SEASON AND MADE THE THROWS HE NEEDED TO MAKE.

5. STEVE FOLEY WAS GOING TO BE AMPED UP TO PLAY YOU GUYS AND HE MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME.

6. WE JUST BEAT THE WORST TEAM IN FOOTBALL. WELL SECOND NINERS ARE PRETTY BAD. WE ARE THE SURPRISE TEAM THIS YEAR. WE DO HAVE WEAPONS. IF YOU PLAY US THINKING ALL WE HAVE IS L.T. THEN YOU WILL LOSE. PARKER GATES AND LT ALL MADE PLAYS AND I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD

7. WE WON THE GAME NEENER NEENER NEENER WE BEAT YOU GO BOLTS
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #7
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default Go Bolts

One Thing That Hasnt Really Been Mentioned Is The Penalties. Way Too Many On Both Sides It Was Jsut The Combination Of Penalties And Turnovers That Killed You. And I Knew That If We Handed The Ball To L.t. At The End He Would Pick U Pa First Down And End The Game Thats Why I Celebrated With 2 Min Left
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2004   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can tell you how we lost, we beat ourselves. Four turnovers...Antonio Gates the best TE in footbal?
Old 09-12-2004   #9
Scooter
Funky

sdboltz ... i repeat. we just lost to the worst team in football. one game does not a season make so i have confidence in the texans. i'm not exactly what you're still cheering about.
Old 09-12-2004   #10
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I give you props for sticking it out this long and standing by your team but your losing alot of that respect by doing this. Gates is a product of the LT playaction. If that makes him the best TE than he is just that. We played terrible, you played DECENT at best. If it was played again things could be totally different. Take this win and continue to the next message board,
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

While Gates has certainly been a benificiary of LTs performance capabilities, IMO, what we saw today was Brown exposed as being unable to cover a TE with any sort of speed. I look for other teams to exploit it more as the season wears on.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #12
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
While Gates has certainly been a benificiary of LTs performance capabilities, IMO, what we saw today was Brown exposed as being unable to cover a TE with any sort of speed. I look for other teams to exploit it more as the season wears on.
all i saw was LT's reputation. the lb's were nowhere near gates on any catch he made which makes it obvious they were over adjusted to stopping LT. LT is good, but on a 4-12 team it should've been obvious that he can not single handedly carry a team to a championship. if other teams follow our lead and think LT is the only player on the field, even i could gain 100 yards receiving.
Old 09-12-2004   #13
Dontcare
waterboy

Quote:
how did we just lose to the worst team in football? chad stanley sees the field only once, we hold LT to a below average game, and our offense finds 350 yards. yet we still lose.

Well since the Chargers are not the worst team in football, the 49ers or Cardnals are. LT had over 100yrd rushing and you call that a below average game? Sure he didnt bust a huge run but he sure played at least average. and your offence had all those yards but couldnt finish in the redzone.

The Chargers were ready for this game and the Texans werent. The Chargers knew who to exploit (Robinson) and how to adjust (2nd quarter shut down of your recievers). The Chargers are going to be a surprise team this year, fi not a playoff team. Car made some errors, but one of his interceptions was a tip ball at the line the other was just good D. thats going to happen to QBs.

Who I thought lost you the game was Davis. His two fumbles were unexcuseable. That lost you the game. He is a good back with a good ability to break tackles but he needs to learn to hold onto the football, that will come with time, hes going to be a good one. All in all I saw your offence having massive potential. To bad potential was all they had today.

good game none the less had me nervous until the last Davis Fumble.

Good luck next week against a tough detroit team, hopefully you guys can gain some momentum for your streatch against the Raiders and Chiefs.
Dontcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what a "below average" game for LT is but he made some tough yards today and that Gates guy is terrific.

Too many turnovers was the tale of this game. It'll kill you everytime.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #15
geekster
Rookie

I have no doubt the Coaching staff is going to be all over Davis this week about hanging on to the "Tater" - that is fixable.

The one that upset me was the absolutely *****ic play on teams - standing there taunting the punt returner and getting hit in the back of the head with the ball. That one was right up there with the worst plays I've ever seen! Coach needs to take that young man behind the wood shed and see if he can make him "smarter"! IMHO

Look to the future Texans Fans! They are coming around and just need your continued support!
Old 09-12-2004   #16
Scooter
Funky

dontcare ...

4.6 yards per carry is something many rb's would like to accomplish, but IMO LT is better than that against most teams. especially considering our starting nose tackle (you know, the most important guy in a 3-4 defense) was on the bench injured.

what you are right on is that the chargers adjusted and the texans did not. i dont know however how you see the chargers in the playoffs being they beat the texans in one of the worst games i've ever seen them play. how often do you plan on having a team struggling on defense also have you handed 4 turnovers?
Old 09-12-2004   #17
SDBoltz
Veteran

hey its just my opinion he is fast he has good moves and he can catch like no other. he may turn out to be an all time great. i'm not exaggerating. you see the moves he made for that first down. he is faster than most of the safties and lb's covering him this year go boltz
Old 09-12-2004   #18
SDBoltz
Veteran

Default go bolts

i can see the bolts in the playoffs because we are one win closer than you are.
Old 09-12-2004   #19
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
i can see the bolts in the playoffs because we are one win closer than you are.

Now your just rubbin' it in.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #20
SDBoltz
Veteran

maybe just a little but why not you guys were really giving it to us... see game predictions post.. some of your thoughts were outrageous. thinkin you would put up 40 points on us.... but its all good we got the W

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read