Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans:What sterotype do you want us to not be associated with?

my hopes and I may be crazy,but after this season I hope we have a new identity.

I don't want to be called Denver Texans or Houston Broncos

I also don't want to be called the "west coast offense"(dont' know why and maybe a Texas pride thing)

also with McNair gone... is any player from the Oiler days still with the team?? if not can we let it go that the titans are titans now?

anyone else with some pet peaves?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

How about not being able to protect the QB?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #3
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
my hopes and I may be crazy,but after this season I hope we have a new identity.

I also don't want to be called the "west coast offense"(dont' know why and maybe a Texas pride thing)

also with McNair gone... is any player from the Oiler days still with the team?? if not can we let it go that the titans are titans now?

As far as "West Coast Offense" goes, it's just an offensive philosophy. I was sick of the names, "Denver Texans", "Houston Broncos", "Denver Broncos South", etc. from the git go!
Old 08-06-2006   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Shedding the expansion, door mat loser identity will be nice. All the Texans need to do is start winning and playing competitive ball and they will earn respect. We have only been around for 4 seasons so I think we can change our image rather quickly, unlike other franchises that have been perennial losers for years like the Saints, etc.

As far as the Toilers go, the answer is no, it was never about the players. The Titans will NEVER be just another team. They will always be the team that turned their backs and screwed us fans. They will always be my most hated team. There are fans in Brooklyn that still hate the Dodgers so I don't see this changing anytime soon.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

They could call us the Houston Broncos or the Denver Texans. I want to get rid of the stereotype that we're just bottom feeders and that we're still an expansion team.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #6
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

I don't care about the Broncos nicknames...hell if we play like them I'll be thrilled!
Old 08-06-2006   #7
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
They could call us the Houston Broncos or the Denver Texans. I want to get rid of the stereotype that we're just bottom feeders and that we're still an expansion team.
Did you read the posts above you????

Call it the Gulf Coast Offense.
Old 08-06-2006   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard we were the leagues doormat the other day. Ummm, yeah... I will be fine with never hearing that one again!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #9
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
I heard we were the leagues doormat the other day. Ummm, yeah... I will be fine with never hearing that one again!
Tailgate I've heard worse I have to work with mostly redskins fans. When I riddled of our first six or seven oppt. this year most were on the floor laughing. Most where saying 0-7. Who are the Texans taking with next years 1st pick. on and on and on all day. Can't wait for Kub's and company to get on the field I want to see this team in action. I dont want to be the league joke anymore.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #10
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

were still percieved as a doormat.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc

Yes I did. Houston Broncos and Denver Texans doesn't bother me. Same with the West Coast Offense thing. I just want to get rid of the stereotype that goes along with being the worst team in the NFL.
Old 08-06-2006   #12
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

Third Coast baby...

Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Third Coast baby...

Hopefully we can just call it Dynamic.
Old 08-06-2006   #14
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:

How about "winners" like the Cowboys during their glory days or like the New York Giants when they had Lawrence Taylor, I've to admit that I really dislike the Cowboys, let me rephrase that I really hate them but I respect what they did.
Old 08-06-2006   #15
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:

You bring in Kubiak who brings in a system that he copied from his previous team, then he brings in the assistant GM from Denver as well as a TE and his buds and you DON'T expect to be called the Denver Texans, Houston Broncos or Denver Lite?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Third Coast baby...

I have heard that before and I like it.
Old 08-07-2006   #17
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:

... and the Dirty South D
Old 08-07-2006   #18
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah a lot of people need to get over the Titans. They moved 9 years ago and you have a new team.
Old 08-07-2006   #19
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
Yeah a lot of people need to get over the Titans. They moved 9 years ago and you have a new team.
Personally, I don't actually hate the team. I hate the owner.

In a way I feel sorry for titan fans. You have one of the worst owners in the league. One with a history of yanking a team away from a city that loved it's team. Don't think for a second that he won't do it to you guys, if the right opportunity presents it's self.

As for the Tennesse fans. Hard to tell how good of fans they really are. So far the Titans have enjoyed years of winning. It will be interesting to see how they react when the two recent losing seasons suddenly become four years of losing seasons.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #20
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Smile

anyone else with some pet peaves?[/quote]

I believe McNair was the last Oiler. Rolle, the cornerback, I believe got cut last year or the year before. He was a rookie the last year the Oilers were in Houston. Oh... and I don't count players who came to the Oilers when they were the Memphis Oilers.

As long as our Texans are winning, I don't care what people call them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read